Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

E said:
I don't remember if they said this was only 12 issues.
It's not. It's just that the series won't start up again until next year, with the Runaways/Young Avengers Civil War crossover "taking" its place.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Whose Tommy?

About the Patriot. Blood Transfusion? Captain America? Does that make sense to anyone? Because he's gotta get powered up somehow soon.

Also, where's Karolina? :twisted:

Tommy is fast. Like Quicksilver. Looks kind of like him too.

And oh yeah, Patriot got shot with a Kree blaster. Looks pretty bad.

Page for page this has to be one of the best 616 titles out.

I love all the twists and tie-ins to the actual Avengers. I'm really hoping this isn't the end of the Patriot.

Maybe they'll come up with some kinda plot to where since Billy has been using the MGH and displaying powers on-par with Capt....that only Capt's blood will match and thus a blood transfusion. But with Capt's "super-blood" mixing with Patriot's...now Patriot will have some powers similar to Capt's.

Weak fix yeah.......but at least it's feasible.

Victor Von Doom said:
Maybe they'll come up with some kinda plot to where since Billy has been using the MGH and displaying powers on-par with Capt....that only Capt's blood will match and thus a blood transfusion. But with Capt's "super-blood" mixing with Patriot's...now Patriot will have some powers similar to Capt's.

Weak fix yeah.......but at least it's feasible.
Good idea.

Victor Von Doom said:
Page for page this has to be one of the best 616 titles out.

I love all the twists and tie-ins to the actual Avengers.

The tie-ins are Earth X-esque in brilliance. Lots of cool explanations.

This may have been the first non-lame soul-rebirth plot Marvel has ever published.

i picked this up this week, and it wasn't that bad, im going to have to pick up the trade or HC, which ever comes first.

Patriot Mk2 said:
HC for the first arc was out a while back.

The Premiere HC, yeah. In fact all the stores I've been in have it pulled because the TPB comes out this week, I believe.

I was just catching up with the title. Great stuff.

Did anyone else notice at the beginning of #7 the newspaper article was written by "Lorem Ipsum". Made me laugh.

And for those who don't know what "lorem ipsum" means, here.

Last edited:
Great issue. I love the fact that Wanda's twins have returned. And I like that the the ending with Avengers basically telling them to **** off.

B+

E said:
The Premiere HC, yeah. In fact all the stores I've been in have it pulled because the TPB comes out this week, I believe.

both the HC and the TPB collect issues 1-6, and i just got th tbp in today. what extras if any does they have in the HC have?

i had a chance to read the TPB, and i liked this, it wasn't that bad of a start. i was impressed with the artwork most of all, cuz it reminded me so much of the runaways. but the only thing that ticked me off was kate (the rich gurl), how was she able to be so fast? get the codes?, climb over iron bars....i could go on....

overall i would give this a 9/10

Last edited:
nigma said:
both the HC and the TPB collect issues 1-6, and i just got both in today. what extras if any does they have in the HC have?

Not sure. I haven't got mine in yet. I'll post about it when I do.

I'm a little confused with the twins idea. Goes against alot of what happened in disassembled. Unless bendis just effed so much that it no longer matters. I thought she just "willed" the kids into existence. Then Visions' like "i think I'm the dad." What the hell? Am I just thinking too much? How are these kids alive if Wanda was told they never existed and Chaos magic isn't real.

in the past year Wanda completely restructured reality, twice...

In House of M we saw her youngest children alive, but no reference to the twins who would have been fully grown by then...

I'm guessing that's when they went from not existing, to existing.

I don't care it doesn't make sense and Hawkeye and Antman basically died for nothing. Don't really care about Antman but Hawkeye, we could still be seeing him right now.

J. Agamemnon said:
I'm a little confused with the twins idea. Goes against alot of what happened in disassembled. Unless bendis just effed so much that it no longer matters. I thought she just "willed" the kids into existence. Then Visions' like "i think I'm the dad." What the hell? Am I just thinking too much? How are these kids alive if Wanda was told they never existed and Chaos magic isn't real.

The way I understood it was that the original kids were not real. They reappeared in Disassembled, but it was just an illusion. What had really happened though is that their minds or perosnalities or whatever had already "escaped" and they were "reincarnated". It seemed to be suggested that Wanda had no knowledge of this. So the kids that appeared in HoM were illusions much like in Disassembled, and disappeared once the HoM "universe" unraveled.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The best part about this kid thing is... Wanda will make her reappeance in YA.
How would that be done? She's somewhere in Europe (as I guess by the looks of the city), but either way, she's definetly not in the country.

Latest posts

Back