Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

I think that ASGARDIAN is some thing like the new Wonder Girl that was born with the powers but are slowly manfasting. Maybe he's supposed to be the next Thor the next to over see Asgard.

This title seems interesting, but im still undecided if i should get it.

One question!

I read an article on the Young Avengers #6 cover at newsarama and after the article there was a discussion that Hulkling and Asgardian are gay. Is this true?

Another Question!

What are the ages of the Young Avengers?

Nurhachi said:
This title seems interesting, but im still undecided if i should get it.

One question!

I read an article on the Young Avengers #6 cover at newsarama and after the article there was a discussion that Hulkling and Asgardian are gay. Is this true?

Another Question!

What are the ages of the Young Avengers?
Well, for the gay issue check the felame hawkeye thread, we just started talkinga bout it. Though a mod might want to break that off and give it a life of its own.

No clue on ages, nothings really been said.

Baxter said:
WEll, they need to have links to the original Avengers in some way. For Hulkling it could be as simple as She-Hulks "Gamma blood transfusion", or something like my favorite "Geneticaly altered fanboy from the future", though with Kangs involvment already formed I doubt it will be. So how about we go simple. He's the illegetimate son of Rick Jones, who in his musician days probably slept around a bit. The regular Negative Zone expose he had stabalized the gamma particles in his system, but they were passed on in his seed to his son, the newly christined Hukling.

Now Ausgaurdian is a bit more troublesom. You need a connection to a Thor style character, but with people like Thunderstrike or Loki commonly popping up at the time it need not be Thor himself. How about he was chosen by Loki to be a weapon against Thor sometime down the line, being empowered at birth. Unfortunatly with the events of Ragnarok in the Thor series Loki wasn't able to be present to rear Ausgaurdian into maturity, so he's now fighting under Ausgaurds banner?

Awesome thoughts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Young Avengers were supposed to be fanboys/fangirls..? Not everyone has to be related to a real Avenger. Patriot and Ant-Girl are the only ones who are, right? As far as I understood, Hulkling and Asgardian were just mutants with convenient powers, Iron Lad is Kang, and Kate Bishop is a millionaire's daughter...

jtg3885 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Young Avengers were supposed to be fanboys/fangirls..? Not everyone has to be related to a real Avenger. Patriot and Ant-Girl are the only ones who are, right? As far as I understood, Hulkling and Asgardian were just mutants with convenient powers, Iron Lad is Kang, and Kate Bishop is a millionaire's daughter...
WEll, in issue 3 it is said that they all have connections to pre-existing Avengers. Except for Bishop, she's just sorta there.

Is it? I'll have to sneak a peak when I go over the river and through the... err, over the river to The Bookie to pick up this week's supply because the ******'n ****** that owns the local shop only ordered 10 Ultimate Secret, never mind the fact that there are 25 of us who collect the Ultimate Universe...

Regarding the other twos origins.... couldn't they related to villains? Iron Lad doesn't have anything to do with Iron Man.

EDIT: I Don't know if I brought this up before but does anyone else think that once Iron Lad dies, Vision takes over the armor?

Last edited:
Why would Vision take ove Iron Lads armor? I dont see what the point of Vision having them.

I think they're spreading the origin stories out over several issues to keep us guessing. So far,the first two have been pretty logical. The fact Jessica Jones has found Asgardian's parents' phone number hints that his origin is next on deck.

Frankly, the way they've handled the origins so far has earned my trust about a book I was really dubious about. I think the Bishop chick (who obviously has a familiarity with weapons) will probably turn out to have been an archery student of Hawkeye's. (I remember a 1970s-era Avengers -- "Hawkeye Quits the Team", #109 -- in which he was hired by some really rich guy who wanted to learn archery from the best).

Maybe that stick that Asgardian flings around is the cane that that doctor guy used to pound when he wanted to turn into Thor. Hulkling could be the love child that Betty Ross gave up for adoption without telling Bruce Banner.

Last edited:
I love the series, it's the comic book I enjoy reading most at the moment, although I probably wouldn't rate it as "great". It's not something one has to have read, more something I enjoy reading.

Still, I've found something in issue 3 that really bothered me. and bothered me again, when I read it again:
When the Vision created a Avengers back-up-programm, why the hell did he look for teenage copies of the original heroes. The team had had so many different incarnations and members, he would just have had to keep files of the most able inactive members. Even if they quit, they had been avengers before, they'd probably come back in case of a real emergency. And even if some wouldn't, there'd still be enough that would. It's make more sense then leading a bunch of teenagers without any experience or training.
Especially in the light of New Avengers, it has become obvious that there will always be new members available for a new avengers team, even if the old team died or disbanded. Experienced members, not complete newbies.
There's more that bothered me, though: I don't see why the Vision aquired copies of former avengers. There have been so many different incarnations of the team, i don't see why he had to go and find himself a bunch of Cap-, Ironman-, Thor- and Hulk-clones. It just seems highly unlikely. And it's not as if any of them ever had filled an essential role within the team. (well, they did, but because of their personalities, not because of their power-sets)

I know they had to work around that, but I'd still had prefered a more sensible explanation...

Ricky said:
I know they had to work around that, but I'd still had prefered a more sensible explanation...
The arc isn't done yet. Maybe you just have to wait to see. Not everything will be explained all at once.

Does anyone think that the Hulkling may have a connection to She-Hulk instead of Bruce Banner? Just a thought that I thought could be tossed around...

Also, could someone elaborate more on the back-up idea and Vision?

Funny,
Young Avengers is probably my favorite non-ultimate title right now, but I still hesitate to give it to friends to read. Probably because it's a fun title, but not a great title? Any comments?

Ricky said:
Funny,
Young Avengers is probably my favorite non-ultimate title right now, but I still hesitate to give it to friends to read. Probably because it's a fun title, but not a great title? Any comments?

I agree. It's about kids. I take it light hearted when I read it. Like Cable/Deadpool. I know YA is supposed to be serious stuff but it's redundant like the Jurassic Park films. How long will a bunch of kids be able to hold out against the big villains? I still recommend both titles.

*Sigh*.....

What I was saying is that Vision isn't really back. All that showed was a "backup" kind of thing, (for the lack of a better word). Something that comes up when something specifically happens. Iron Lad saved that "file", but it's not something that makes Vision actually here again. Now, whether the "file" is used to bring him back (which I doubt) is another story.

Latest posts

Back