Avengers Young Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

Just read this...I'm VERY impressed! So it looks like Kang's time traveling created this team...very clever and well executed without being too far out there. I like it!

However, I'm also disappointed with Hulkling's powers. It's kind of a copout. But it's still early; maybe there will be more to it.

This keeps getting better - I'm really enjoying it. :D

Nurhachi said:
Im still unsure about whether i want to start getting this or not....

You could just check out the first issue or so. I enjoy it - it's interesting and suspenseful without feeling like it's dragging on and on.

I love this Bishop chick. But the one thing that bothered me about this issue is the age-old problem of writers not knowing how to handle Captain America. This is a remarkably well-conceived book, but, still, Cap standing around talking is starting to get to me. Which is why the Ultimate Cap is the best.

Parthuman said:
I love this Bishop chick. But the one thing that bothered me about this issue is the age-old problem of writers not knowing how to handle Captain America. This is a remarkably well-conceived book, but, still, Cap standing around talking is starting to get to me. Which is why the Ultimate Cap is the best.
Well, in the situation that they were in, you think you'd fight against the guy when you know he's right? :sure:

Parthuman said:
Well, um, yeah.
WHY?! Why would you?!

Though the guy is your enemy, you'd rather fight him than listen to what he's saying when he's right (from what we've seen in the issue alone)? You'd rather let the reality you live in screw up than just listen?!

For kicks. I'd have Cap clobber Kang for pure kicks. To hell with logic and reality.
This Cap is way too reasonable, too passive, too, you know "Disassembled."

Geez, he's almost Mr. Spock when he should be cap kirk. I'd rather have little Kang come to the conclusion that time and history need to be fixed than a stuffy Cap. I'd rather see him try to separate Kang's head and shoulders with his shield.

Instead, he's always the DC-style numbing voice of reason. That's so not right. He should clock Kang (both of them) and ask questions later.

René said:
Well I dont see how Iron-Lad is making a messing up the time stream. Shouldnt he be messing up the future and not the present? I dont think Iron-Lad being there should affect Jessica's baby in a way.

Iron Lad being in the present of the current 616 means that he won't be in his future reality to become Kang and time travel into the past and fight the Avengers, which changes the timeline.

DigiEmissary said:
Iron Lad being in the present of the current 616 means that he won't be in his future reality to become Kang and time travel into the past and fight the Avengers, which changes the timeline.
Right! Thanks for putting it in somewhat simple terms.

DigiEmissary said:

Thanks for clearing it up, I just re-read it and I finally got it. It all makes sense now...

I hope Hulkling isnt a mutant. He does have OTHER powers that Patriot, hinted that Asgardian and Hulkling had other powers. So hopefully there are other ways that they got their powers.

I was not going to pick this title up but I'm glad I did. It is awesome. I want to know more about the heroes origins, as well. Hulkling, Patriot and Iron Lad have been covered, for the most part. Asgardian and the oithers need to be covered now.

Can't wait for the next issue!

Latest posts

Back