24- The Bauer Power Hour series discussion (spoilers)

Re: 24 series discussion (spoilers)

marvelman said:
but CSI is pretty well done reality-wise...

See....now that's where I (and many forensic experts) disagree. With the CSI/forensic craze that swept the nation...I saw countless specials where they claimed the stuff that they do is impossible. They say that on the show they get results in less than a week, that in real-life would take months.

So there goes that theory. :wink:

Another great episode, very exciting. Jack had one of his nicer interrogations (as opposed to sticking a scalpel to someone's eyeball), Wayne Palmer gets into deeper **** with Secret Service agent Aaron now along for the ride, big *** explosions with the nerve gas being destroyed (but all of it? hmm...we shall see).

Now was all of the nerve gas destroyed in that explosion? I think I remember the terrorist leader saying to move all the canisters there. If the nerve gas was destroyed, what is next threat? Is it just Henderson, or something larger?

So the report on FOX 5 last night was about something that 24 does that no other show is doing....and that's the level of violence they show. Now, as it was said, the shows are trying to "immitate" the level of violence the show does.

marvelman said:
I just don't like this show. It is supposed to be grounded in reality...

It is grounded in reality. All the stories revolve around issues that are the primary security concerns of our time.

Now is the show realistic? No one has ever that claim. Well, no one whose opinion matter, anyway. I urge you to disregard any 15 years old opinion on the issue.

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
See....now that's where I (and many forensic experts) disagree. With the CSI/forensic craze that swept the nation...I saw countless specials where they claimed the stuff that they do is impossible. They say that on the show they get results in less than a week, that in real-life would take months.

Yeah CSI goes really out there sometimes, using things real CSI agents never use.

The only thing really unrealistic in 24 is the terrorist plan (which is way more in depth than any in real life but still plausible) and probably their use of Nerve gas. Someone pointed out earlier that they ignore a lot of things about it.

Victor Von Doom said:

see, i think it is all perfectly fine though. I did a summer biotechnology camp thingamabob, and identifying DNA and splicing DNA from one thing and adding it to another for recombinant DNA is not difficult to do; I did it when I was only 15. So as far asw the forensics go, it is very possible, so I don't know what source was speaking like this... :shrugs:

I mean, I pricked my finger, took blood samples, and compared my DNA samples with other peoples' all in LESS than a week.

Last edited:

E.Vi.L. said:
It is grounded in reality. All the stories revolve around issues that are the primary security concerns of our time.

Now is the show realistic? No one has ever that claim. Well, no one whose opinion matter, anyway. I urge you to disregard any 15 years old opinion on the issue.

That's what I mean^. Yeah, its not very realistic (i.e., it seems pretty damn lucky that Jack Bauer saves the world 5 times- in 5 days!), but ok, yes, i agree it IS grounded in reality. thank you, i sometimes have trouble expressing what I am thinking. :wink:

Okay first CTU searches for Jack, but no need, for Jack walks out the rubble with Bierko on his back, who is unconsicous (very beast). Then he points out how Henderson was willing to let his wife die for who ever is in charge and actually admits he's afriad:shock: . Than Homeland ***** and ******* boy get orders from the Vice President to take over CTU which would be difficult considering they just prevented the attack, so they think of using Audrey to file a complaint about Bucahannon. Palmer and SS agent guy finds his source, the First lady's assistant who has evidence of who is in charge but they kidnaped her child. Palmer calls Jack and they decide to meet up but Jack needs the satillite and the only way Audrey can set it up is to have chloe and makes the deal to Homeland *****. So as Palmer leaves he bumps into the VP who acts pretty suspicious, I knew the second he came on he would be either ****ing things up or be behind it. Buchanon leaves and Chloe is pissed. So Jack and Palmer met up and I gotta say I can see Palmer being an agent. So the three of them go to the rear of the factory so Jack and Palmer enter through there while the assistant goes for her daughter. Jack and Palmer infiltrate the factory with some beast moves. Jack takes out a sniper who was in mid convo with Henderson, Jack ****s up the walkie talkie and completes the message, very awesome. They take out Henderson's goon, and Henderson escapes. The kid is alright but the assistant was shot, Jack asks if the VP is involve and see says the VP has nothing to do with this, we go to Henderson talking to his boss... and its the President!!! n I never notice anytype od tension between him and the assistant plus he's being playing this off surprisingly well.

Next time, the President and Henderson focus on Jack who is getting the assitant to medical attention, Homeland ***** is being... well a *****. And Jack and Palmer go to a bank (for some reason) and the military has orders to take out Jack when he exits. JACK VS US MILITARTY... WOO RA!!!

The President?! THE PRESIDENT?!?! THIS PRESIDENT?!?!?!?!?!

:shock:

*Bows down to writers of 24*

OMG. This show rocks on so many levels, you can't see the levels!!! And next week looks EVEN FREAKING BETTER!! :rockon:

So far, I can't see how they'll top with Season 6, but watch them try and most likely succeed.

5/5

Random said:
Then he points out how Henderson was willing to let his wife die for who ever is in charge and actually admits he's afriad:shock:
If Jack ever admits he's afraid, everyone's *****d, so just kiss your own *** good-bye for good.

Until the end of the season. :D

Random said:
JACK VS US MILITARTY... WOO RA!!!

That will be-

THEE. BEST. FIGHT. EVAAAAAAH!!!!!

:rockon:

*Faints*

Also, notice the page number of this thread we're on. :D

Last edited:

Ice said:
That will be-

THEE. BEST. FIGHT. EVAAAAAAH!!!!!

*Faints*
Yes, the playing field is finally even....SWEET

Also, notice the page number of this thread we're on. :D
It is a sign of greatness

Wow. I wouldn't want to live the fiction USA of the 24 universe... Think about what happened in the last 5 years. And now this?!

This show rocks.

But I need more explanations, more! There are wheels within wheels here. What's the president's angle? Is it the original plot laid down by his advisor (the one that commited suicide)? Doesn't seems likely. The advisor had to pretty much blackmail Logan into doing what he wanted. So what?

I need to watch these in DVDs since details become sketchy in my memory.

Henderson answers directly to the president.

Henderson has hand into making it possible for the terrorist to acquire the Chemical weapon as well as in acquiring schematics of the water treatment plant.

The patriot clique of the advisor also had a hand in letting the terrorist acquiring the weapons. Their plan was to detonate the weapons in Russia and create a crisis that would reinforce the US position in that area of the world.

Logan's action early in the season were counterproductive to that objective. Hell, he personnally begged Bauer to stay on the case. He had to sorta blackmailed into going along. Overall, his actions contributed to making the patriot clique plot fail.

---

Here's a theory.

How did the terrorist know that they were being set up? That knowledge initated the crisis inside the US since it made them change their plan and target the US instead.

What about this, Henderson was part of the patriot clique but also reported to the president. So once the terrorist got their hand on the chem weapons, he tipped them off.

Because the patriot clique was in league with the Vice President while Henderson and his goons answers to the president.

Basically, they are both trying to screw the other over. Political rivalries taken to a whole new height.

Just a thought.

An interesting thought, to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like that AND more, cuz you know...there's ALWAYS the "AND more" to this. :D

E.Vi.L. said:
How did the terrorist know that they were being set up? That knowledge initated the crisis inside the US since it made them change their plan and target the US instead.
They caught the guy fooling with the containers and checked it out.

Ice said:
An interesting thought, to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like that AND more, cuz you know...there's ALWAYS the "AND more" to this. :D

Yeah dude how many hours are left? I can't keep track just so freakin awesome. I can't wait for Jack vs Henderson, will... be... best fight... ever...:drooling:

Random said:
Yeah dude how many hours are left? I can't keep track just so freakin awesome. I can't wait for Jack vs Henderson, will... be... best fight... ever...:drooling:
I think around 8 or 9? I loose track also, lol.

Random said:
They caught the guy fooling with the containers and checked it out.

Yeah, but I felt it was more for our benefit. To let the viewer know something is up. By the look on the terrorist who sees the guy fooling with the containers, it seemed, in hindsight, as if he already knew exactly why he was in the container.

Even if suspicious, the terrorist at that point didn't seem to have the means to check out the detonator. It feels more to me as if they'd been told.

I need to get the DVDs! This seems so far away.

---

And there 8 hours left.

I think we're done with chem weapon. Will the last 8 hours focus on a manhunt while our heroes try to gather evidences? looks that way. I suspect Palmer won't make it in that case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back