300 [movie discussion; spoilers]

Re: 300- The Movie

I didn't care about the historical inaccuracies, myself.

So it was really like 7500 greeks.

Wah. For those who don't know:

The Spartans were still at the front of the battle. They and about a thousand Greeks were left in the end. They stayed so the other 6,000 or so could escape.

But lines like "Come and get them!" "Then we will fight in shade." and "Tonight we dine in Hell!" are all paraphrases of quotes from the real battle. "Come and get them" is written on Leonidas' tomb stone, for example. Lt. Dienedies (sp) spoke the "Fight in the shade" line after a similar incident during the real battle. After learning he was trapped, he told the Spartans left to eat a large breakfast, for it would be their last, as "tonight we dine in Hades."

I'm a vault of wiki-paraphrased knowledge.

Yeah. This wasn't so much a historical epic as much as it was based on the graphic novel. The real battle was more between the Athenians and the Persians. Leonidas wanted the Spartan's to ally Sparta with Athans against the Persians. Leading the 300 Spartan warriors was an act of defiance that ultimately caused Sparta to join the war.

One other historical inaccuracy was that the real Spartans wore Bronze armor, not loin clothes. The Spartan's fought behind strong battle lines. The Persian's were used to fighting on huge battle fields where armies charged at each other, and wore very little protection. Since the Spartans picked the battle field, this gave them a huge advantage.

If I ever witnessed someone complain about the historical inaccuracies of 300, I would have to punch them in the mouth.

If I ever witnessed someone complain about the historical inaccuracies of 300, I would have to punch them in the mouth.

I would send them straight to my claw-handed lobsterman executioner while my goat-headed flute player looked on.

I heard a girl complain about it once.

I told her I'm going to hire a bunch of doctors to give her a gender reassignment just so she could have a pair of testicles I can kick for saying that.

I take there face, and grind it into the ground, gather all their comics, burn them down, then close this website

I'm going to see this in IMAX tonight with my girlfriend. She hasn't seen it before. This is going to be the best ****ing night of my life.

Well I watched it twice already.

In the first one I was alone, and I was totally into the movie, I was soo in the mood.

In the second one I was with my girlfriend, she got disgusted by all the muscles and meaningless action in the movie she kept complaining after the movie for a real long time.So I couldn't get in da mood.

Same thing happend with her when we watched CRANK.

I dunno. The first time I saw this I was with my friend, who was with his girlfriend, who apparently thought that they were just going to fool around. With me sitting there, I guess. He told her to just watch the movie.

And she actually liked it. Who knew?

sparta.gif

Bollocks. The next time I see this film I will burst out laughing uncontrollably.

Actually, this reminds me of two more things:

1) I did laugh at a non-funny moment in 300. When the queen says "Freedom isn't free" I expected her to continue, "It costs folks like you and me. And if you don't throw in your buck o' five who will?"

2) The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is forever tainted. My friend Will who had already seen the film, as we were all going into the cinema said, "Guys, the Witch-King's palace looks like a disco". So when the terrifying Witch-King's lair appears, he bursts out laughing. As do I. Because it's a ****ing disco. And the next shot is people strapping stuff onto him for a party.

Surely you would kick them into a bottomless pit or spear them through the neck. AROO!

I dunno. The first time I saw this I was with my friend, who was with his girlfriend, who apparently thought that they were just going to fool around. With me sitting there, I guess. He told her to just watch the movie.

And she actually liked it. Who knew?

Dude. She went to the cinema to fool around. The fact you were there didn't bother her, so she's obviously got the horn. Then the film is two hours of bronzed, sweaty six-packs in jock straps.

Of course she liked it.

That just looks like Osama Bin Laden. It's weird. :)

ME too, this film is awesome to see with a girlfriend. I saw it with mine, and we were both pumped after it.

What can I say, sweaty, muscle bound sexy men have an effect on us

*starts panting*

Something else I found funny about 300 - the way Leonadis would suddenly become very Scottish for a single line of dialogue. :D

Dude, 300 is the 2nd worst movie to watch with your girlfriend after CRANK.

wrong.

Oh, I VERY strongly disagree.

Acceptable!

Well I watched it twice already.

In the first one I was alone, and I was totally into the movie, I was soo in the mood.

In the second one I was with my girlfriend, she got disgusted by all the muscles and meaningless action in the movie she kept complaining after the movie for a real long time.So I couldn't get in da mood.

Same thing happend with her when we watched CRANK.

Why would a girl complain about guys with muscles? I loved Crank. also, how was the action meaningless. I mean, do you agree that the action was meaningless? I thought it was damn good.

damn good. 8)

Latest posts

Back