300 [movie discussion; spoilers]

Re: 300- The Movie

I am now officially worried with all these rumors of a sequel running around.

I mean what are they gonna call it? 301?

On top of that---a sequel would just cheapen the story altogether.

That would be about as brilliant as the idea that was kicking around a few years back about a sequel to Gladiator.

And by brilliant, I mean butt ****ing stupid.

I mean what are they gonna call it? 301?

On top of that---a sequel would just cheapen the story altogether.

I thought the rumor was about a Greek mythology story unrelated to 300.

If they make a sequel, it needs to be a film that settles the age old question and ultimate battle of who would win in a fight. Spartans? Or Samurai?

I'd be up for the idea of another movie in this fashion, but not directly relating to this story, and only if it was written by Frank Miller.

I'd love to see Frank Miller's take on The Twelve Labors of Heracles, or the Odyssey or something great and epic with the whole mythic undertone.

Maybe, its the battle of Marathon?
The Battle of Marathon was basically the prequel to the Battle of Thermopylae. Just instead of Spartans, it was Athenians.

Most people know that the runner that ran back from the battle to proclaim victory ran approximately 26 miles. The little know fact was that shortly after proclaiming victory the runner died of exhaustion.

The Battle of Marathon was basically the prequel to the Battle of Thermopylae. Just instead of Spartans, it was Athenians.

Most people know that the runner that ran back from the battle to proclaim victory ran approximately 26 miles. The little know fact was that shortly after proclaiming victory the runner died of exhaustion.

Thats a little known fact? They taught it to us in 9th grade history along with the battle of Thermopylae here.

Thats a little known fact? They taught it to us in 9th grade history along with the battle of Thermopylae here.

If I learned it in high school, I'd forgot it since then. I was watching a History Channel program on the Battle of Thermopylae and they talked about the Battle of Marathon, and I was surprised to hear the runner died after proclaiming victory.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back