Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

There's rumor of a Ghost Rider Netflix show
Yeah, that's why this seems like a strange choice. Will that show spin off AOS and be about Robbie Reyes? If not, will the two characters coexist in the MCU? Will Reyes die so they can have a Blaze or Ketch Ghost Buster in the netflix show?

Yeah, that's why this seems like a strange choice. Will that show spin off AOS and be about Robbie Reyes? If not, will the two characters coexist in the MCU? Will Reyes die so they can have a Blaze or Ketch Ghost Buster in the netflix show?

Why would they kill him off? Robbie doesn't have anything to do with Ketch and Blaze or the spirit of vengeance. All-New Ghost Rider is his origin, the bad guy is Daisy's dad, and it is awesome! Can't recommend it enough

Last edited:
Really weird news. Especially with Hellfire, a guy who already utilizes the fiery chain, existing on AoS, just seems like a strange coincidence.

Compound that with the rumors of a Midnight Sons show/anthology, and it's just an odd choice. One also has to wonder how this affects that.

Unless things have changed noticeably in terms of the working relationships between Marvel Studios, Netflix, and ABC (which is possible, and a sign that they're attempting to work closer together and attempt a rights continuity/character sharing approach as is already done with Star Wars' Story Group in terms of keep everything straight--all the continuity, etc).

Why would they kill him off? Robbie doesn't have anything to do with Ketch and Blaze or the spirit of vengeance. All-New Ghost Rider is his origin, the bad guy is Daisy's dad, and it is awesome! Can't recommend it enough
Robbie Reyes has nothing to do with the spirit of vengeance? Where do his powers come from?

I still think it will be confusing if they make another Ghost Rider show on Netflix.
Unless things have changed noticeably in terms of the working relationships between Marvel Studios, Netflix, and ABC (which is possible, and a sign that they're attempting to work closer together and attempt a rights continuity/character sharing approach as is already done with Star Wars' Story Group in terms of keep everything straight--all the continuity, etc).
Yeah, maybe. But I would assume they are using Reyes because they weren't allowed to introduce Blaze or Ketch. And they aren't going to start with Reyes on Netflix. So when Blaze and/or Ketch are introduced on Netflix, even if they acknowledge Reyes - which I doubt they will, it will be cumbersome.

Last edited:
Robbie Reyes has nothing to do with the spirit of vengeance? Where do his powers come from?

I still think it will be confusing if they make another Ghost Rider show on Netflix.

Yeah, maybe. But I would assume they are using Reyes because they weren't allowed to introduce Blaze or Ketch. And they aren't going to start with Reyes on Netflix. So when Blaze and/or Ketch are introduced on Netflix, even if they acknowledge Reyes - which I doubt they will, it will be cumbersome.

Robbie is permanently possessed by Eli Morrow, his uncle who wants revenge on the gang members who killed him. His uncle is also the person who paralyzed Robbie's little brother and hurt their mother. Robbie's powers are different too, he has the Hellfire and can control chains and has the amplified speed, strength, etc., he doesn't have the penance stare, eats souls, can teleport himself after charging up a bit, and also merge with his car. The trunk allows him to teleport anything to where ever he wants. He can also control the car outside of it, it goes right through him, and can camouflage the car. He also has a bloodlust and kills the corrupt to quench it. When he gets too into it though his uncle can completely take over, which is bad thing. He can also use his powers without transforming and Robbie can't be Penance stared, but if Eli is control Ghost Rider goes into a temporary coma state. His main bad guy is Calvin Zabo AKA Mr. Hyde who Kyle MacLachlan played in season two so with that, and Daisy mentioning him in the season three finale, in mind I assume MacLachlan will be making a return. I would absolutely love to see that.

Basically he's perfect for the show and I can understand people who don't know him could see it a little crazy for them to be introducing a Ghost Rider in the show. All-New Ghost Rider, Secret Wars: Secret Love, and Secret Wars: Ghost Racers are both great and his only comics. I'm a really big fan.

Last edited:
Big news! Apologies for linking to io9

"We do have a little more freedom," said Jed Whedon. "We've told a couple of seasons of stories but now we do have some more freedom. So when we return to focusing on Inhumans, we'll be able to do a little bit more." That freedom, Whedon and Tancharoen said, included being able to use some of the classic Inhumans.

Guess the movie is cancelled.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I read this.

This season is going to be crazy! Ghost Rider, the royal family, a new director (please be Nick Fury), AIDA, LMDs (at a panel it seems like Lucy Lawless and Ming-Na Wen and filmed something together recently so Hartley may be back and I bet Ward will be back for sure), and probably the return of Calvin Zabo. I am so hyped!

Big news! Apologies for linking to io9

Guess the movie is cancelled.

Sigh. Nowhere does he ever say they will use the classic Inhuman characters.

His exact quote is:

"We do have a little more freedom. We've told a couple of seasons of stories but now we do have some more freedom. So when we return to focusing on Inhumans, we'll be able to do a little bit more."

Multiple sites keep saying he claimed they could use the Inhuman Royal Family (Black Bolt, Medusa, etc), but he literally NEVER said that, else that would have been quoted too.

Man, guys, stop falling for clickbait tactics, because that's what this is.

The film is still on, and scheduled for Phase 4. It was only moved back to make room for Spider-Man: Homecoming and Ant-Man and the Wasp. Inhumans (the Royal Family) could be used as a new focus for the MCU after the various existing Avengers actors' contracts end, though I expect they'll simply introduce new Avengers like Captain Marvel and others to act as a sort of New Avengers team in the films.

Marvel have a string of hits, they're not going to just abandon another likely hit without reason. Nothing the TV show has done with Inhumans prevents a film focused on the royal family. It's just not necessarily an immediate priority like Spider-Man: Homecoming and the Ant-Man sequel are.

Phase 4 will likely be a very different line up (compared to the Avengers films and the characters' various solo films), so introducing Inhumans there makes perfect sense.

And let's think practically here for a minute: there is no way Feige is going to let the TV show cast a member of the royal family. When they make the Inhumans film and start casting, they're going to have actors play off each other to find best chemistry. Feige isn't going to risk that being screwed up so they can have the royal family appear on the show, or even just one of them.

And, most importantly of all, Whedon NEVER said they'd be using the classic Inhumans characters, only that they "have a little more freedom". How people are translating that into "we're going to use Inhuman royal family of Black Bolt, Medusa, he'll even Lockjaw!" is a bit silly. A case of people projecting their desires, what they'd like to see, and ignoring the evidence at hand. Again, he never said that.

The Royal Family of Inhumans requires a big budget to do them properly. The kind of big budget a summer blockbuster film gets. The kind AoS doesn't have. They did some impressive stuff with Hive, but I seriously doubt they'd be able to do Medusa's hair justice, or Black Bolt's voice destroying large swaths of land/buildings, etc.

This season is going to be crazy! Ghost Rider, the royal family, a new director (please be Nick Fury), AIDA, LMDs (at a panel it seems like Lucy Lawless and Ming-Na Wen and filmed something together recently so Hartley may be back and I bet Ward will be back for sure), and probably the return of Calvin Zabo. I am so hyped!

I am too. Still amazed they're introducing Ghost Rider on AoS. The Royal Family isn't showing up on AoS, Whedon literally NEVER said that. Doubt we'll see Nick Fury as the new director, honestly.

Still, the new time slot for the show allows them a bit more creative freedom too, least a little, in terms of making it a bit darker and more intense. We'll see.

Last edited:
Who do you consider to be "classic Inhumans"?

The Inhuman Royal Family: Black Bolt, Medusa, Triton, Gorgon, Crystal, Karnak, Lockjaw, etc.

Like I said, none of those characters will be used. They're on reserve for the film, which is still scheduled for Phase 4. And again, Whedon NEVER said they'd be able to use the "classic Inhumans", since that wasn't quoted but instead paraphrased, which is likely the creation of the article writer in a lame attempt for web traffic through click bait means.

Whedon NEVER said they'd be able to use the "classic Inhumans", since that wasn't quoted but instead paraphrased, which is likely the creation of the article writer in a lame attempt for web traffic through click bait means.

I think he already covered that, emphasis mine.

Ghost-Rider-Agents-of-S.H.I.E.L.D.-Full.jpg

Season 3 of this show isn't being released on DVD, it's only available for digital download. That's a bummer.

It will probably come out later in the year. They've been doing this with movies lately too. I think it's stupid. Just release them at the same time. Digital downloading seasons of shows take up a lot of space and take a long while to download.

It will probably come out later in the year. They've been doing this with movies lately too. I think it's stupid. Just release them at the same time. Digital downloading seasons of shows take up a lot of space and take a long while to download.

I'm not so sure, season two and Agent Carter season one were Amazon exclusive. There's a dwindling market for physical copies, although I think it's been made to be like that rather than people wanting it to be like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back