All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder series discussion (spoilers)

Bass

Nexus of the World
No thread for this yet.

Odd.

Anyhow, I thought it was pretty nice. I like the way the GCPD is so horrendously corrupt. Kinda feels like it's just "Batman Begins 2: Robin Begins", but it's all right. Nothing amazing, but enjoyable none the less.

I was kinda underwhelmed as well......still great though,just had incredible expectations for this.

Whatever happened to Vicki Vale in the regular books?

As an issue,not great.As a series/storyline,I still have those expectations :D

Brief run-through:

Opens with the Flying Graysons,stunts and such.Quickly switches to Vicki who's in a Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex And The City-esque role,dictating into a headset.Few nice points in the speech,nothing of note.She's interupted by Alfred calling to the door:

"Bruce Wayne requests your presence.Would you be available tonight."
"I'll be right down. I'll be quick."
:lol:

They end up at the circus,flying Graysons,nice Robin moment,moider most foul,etc.Girl goes to help ****,que police brutality.They cart him off to some forest,presumably to "silence" him.Vicks hi-jacks the Rolls and follows,camera and Alfred in tow.Cops about to beat on the kid,cupla hundred Bats show up.I think you can guess what happens next :D

The art is just what you'd expect from Lee,high quality throughout.Not amazing if your used to his stuff though.Nice splash pages,the first and third pages come to mind.

Good book,a lot of set-up.Keep the faith,if Nur has to hang on for three issues I think most people can :lol:

It was alright. Pretty standard for Millers Batman. Still hanging onto the "soilder" bit that I realy don't like, but I seem to be in the minority there. Deffinatly some good Batman though, and hopefuly the rest of the series will pick up a little more.

Yeah, it was good. Not great, but good. I'm sure it'll pick up from here. The best moment (the one that made me not regret buying the book) was the last page: "You've been drafted. Into a war." I thought Lee's art wasn't as good as I was expecting, except for that last page. ( I think he's overrated, but he's still a damn good artist ) Did anyone think that his Batman in this book looks very...."Miller-ish"? Especially the face.

I really liked it. I was very disappointed int the preview that came out recently, but the issue as a whole was very well done.

I like the conspiracy angle as well - can't wait to see where he goes with that.

Is this only 12 issues?

It was a great issue, the only thing that wasn't great was how they altered robin's origin by shooting his parents instead of them falling form the trapeze, other than that great book, especially gotham's corruption.

I think it's an ongoing not just 12 issues.

Lol, i called up the comic shop owner to ask him to keep an issue for me (im picking it up tomorrow) and he asked me if i want the Batman or Robin cover and i said Batman. He told me that no one likes Robin and i preceded to tell him that Robin needs to wear some pants. This proceded into a lengthly Robin bashing discussion.

Anyways getting this tomorrow peoples! *shudder*

moonmaster said:
Yeah, it was good. Not great, but good. I'm sure it'll pick up from here. The best moment (the one that made me not regret buying the book) was the last page: "You've been drafted. Into a war."
See, I told you I was the only one.

UltimateE said:
Is this only 12 issues?
Right now Miller is slated to write 2 6 issue arcs, with no artist or writer named for after. Some people think its effectivly going to be a year and a half long presitge series, while others think its an ongoing that they've yet to line up additional talent. Since it's a mute point untill sometime in early 2007 I doubt that DC has even made up thier minds yet.

Johnny Bravo said:
There already was a Year Two and Three,both were balls,neither by Miller.
Yeah I know, thats why I said it. I diso**** them as proper stories in the saga, because they are crappy, adn not by Miller. The only real Year Two is this.

Weird. I went to my comic shop yesterday and the clerk said I was underage for the book so I couldn't get it. The good grace of cousrse is the fact that the manager there will just about sell me anything in the store. Nothing says I can handle a violent or mature themed story than having a criminal therapist as a mom.

Goodwill said:
Wait, there are comics people won't let underage people buy?
Vertigo, Maxx, alot of Wildstorm and Image, and alot of the smaller print houses put out stuff that are "mature".

As for All Star, we did have a spread of Vikki Vale in her nothings, but thats no worse than alot of what they try to pass off as costumes for female characters these days.

Well, I won't even try to convince you guys that I'm saying this purely out of curiosity for a DC Comic after that post :) But, do you think I should pick this up? This would be my first ever DC comic...

Well i picked it up (my first DC comic. I am no longer a DC virgin :p) and it was pretty good. Jim Lee is great at drawing chicks. Oooooo Vikki Vale :D rawr....

Yeah one thing i dont like is the paper! I want glossy paper!

Me likey tho :)

Goodwill said:
Well, I won't even try to convince you guys that I'm saying this purely out of curiosity for a DC Comic after that post :) But, do you think I should pick this up? This would be my first ever DC comic...

I would definitely recommend it.

Goodwill said:
Yes. Yes you should buy it. And a few other good DC books. Maily Gotham Central and Morrison/Waid JLA TPBs.

Atleast try Gotahm Central! It's soo good.

God, I'm the crazy guy on the street corner shouting that the world is ending, aren't I?

Latest posts

Back