All-Star Superman Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

moonmaster said:
# 5-"Sweet Dreams, Superwoman"

An awesome issue once again. Some of my favorite moments:

-Giant, flesh-eating lizards from the Center of the Earth? How awesome is that?
-I loved the whole "Who Can Impress Lois" plotline. Very fun.
-Atom-Hotep: Cool.
-The resolution of the big "competition". I bet Superman could even beat Sylvester Stallone in "Over the Top".
-This:
A-SSUPERMANsupermanandlois.jpg

Needs to be a poster.
-The ending was just so...warm. I really love this book.

Issue 3 hasn't even came out yet....

Last edited:
Haha - loved the contest. Very reminiscent of the kind of thing seen in a typical silver age book, but done well and without being hokey.

The art and colors in this book is probably the best out there right now. Everything is so vibrant and crisp.

This was such a wonderful issue. What fun it was!

Samson, Atlas, Krull, Atom-Hotep - I loved the riddle of Atom-Hotep and his quantum uncertainty field.

I love saying that.

I also love that the "SUPERMAN DEAD" article that Samson uses to prove Superman will die is written by Clark Kent, and that the page right underneath it, that Superman saw, was the advert for the Lexus that gave him the answer to the riddle.

That's a really nice little touch - irrelevant and yet integral. You can miss it everytime, but once you notice it, it ties things nicely together.

What great fun this comic is. I am looking forward to #4.

It was alright. This series isnt that great but better than most.

I was annoyed by Samson and Atlas.

I like that Lois still doesn't believe him that he is Clark. And when he tries to propose.

The sphinx part was cool.

I really like the coloring and the art. Except I still am thrown off by those faces.

B

Last edited:
Ice said:
I believe he means "except". :p

Oh I figured that, I was just wondering what faces and what is wrong with them?

thee great one said:
Superman's, Lois', and just about anybody else that appears. They are deformed.

To each his own. I love Quitely's art and this is the best work of his I've seen.

His Lois Lane in #2 was fantastic.

This issue was okay. I agree with TGO on the art. Most of the men have the same face, or are similar in style.

But I liked the craziness.

Quitely's style - he's like Steve Dillon.

He ain't pretty. I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Latest posts

Back