Re: Amazing Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

I wanted to share this cover with you fine folks

http://marvel.com/globals/view_generic.htm?filename=/i/content/st/1174new_storyimage2770717_full.jpg

thats the actual retail cover of the book that came out wednesday

and apparently the scene actually takes place in the book

I haven't read the issue yet, I plan to, but i'm dreading it

someone should give Bob Gale a wake up call that he's not writing Marvel Adventures

I thought one of the Enforcers was killed...I can't remember which.

They need to put Bendis on this.

If he can work the same Spider-Man magic he's been doing on USM in 616, Brand New Day is saved.

Did anyone else get that special one-shot that came out on Wednesday? I wasn't expecting anything, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it -- at least, the first and the third stories. It's much better than the Kraven's First Hunt story, even if they were essentially previews for upcoming storylines. The trial of Spider-Man looks especially promising. Guggenheim and Marcos Martin make a great creative team, and I always love a good courtroom drama, when written well.

4/5

Did anyone else get that special one-shot that came out on Wednesday? I wasn't expecting anything, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it -- at least, the first and the third stories. It's much better than the Kraven's First Hunt story, even if they were essentially previews for upcoming storylines. The trial of Spider-Man looks especially promising. Guggenheim and Marcos Martin make a great creative team, and I always love a good courtroom drama, when written well.

4/5

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. First time I've ever been excited for a Hammerhead story. And the trial was pretty cool, too. For some reason I thought Arana wasn't in normal 616 continuity.

agreed, this was the best ASM issue i've read since Back in Black

though I didn't quite understand what they were doing with the Skeletal-Terminator-Hammerhead-Thing

How did Spidey know that Iron FIst had a webshooter, I mean it was a cut-away image?

I really don't like Joe Kelly and this Hammerhead story just enforces that for me. I hope he's not around Spidey too long, because I really love Brand New Day.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. First time I've ever been excited for a Hammerhead story. And the trial was pretty cool, too. For some reason I thought Arana wasn't in normal 616 continuity.

Arana used to be in the Ms. Marvel series all the time.

4/5

I just got it yesterday. Read it today while waiting for the train (at a friend's house currently). It was good indeed. Spidey's trial was my favorite story of the three.

This cover

http://i.newsarama.com/images/ASM568_cov.jpg

looks but makes no sense to me. Is Venom dressed as spider--man for ****s and giggles? Or is it the black suit and he's just shredding his normal costume because he saw superman do it on TV? :?

but still. I'm still hopeful that this story coming up Eddie gets back his symbiote. I say that as I'm really really hoping soon Venom returns to me. It kind of makes sense too.

• Venom dark Origin = Eddie's story like they are expanding the character for something big.
  • Mac-Venom and Eddie in one comic arc now
  • I read somewhere that Mac is becoming uncomfortable been Venom in recent thunderbolts.
  • Spider-man has had reboot (kinda) recently meaning they want to return some missing old elements , Harry , Norman and more

It add up to my theory that this arc Eddie becomes Venom again. Not Anti-venom but the real Venom.

This cover

http://i.newsarama.com/images/ASM568_cov.jpg

looks but makes no sense to me. Is Venom dressed as spider--man for ****s and giggles? Or is it the black suit and he's just shredding his normal costume because he saw superman do it on TV? :?
It's just a "symbolic" type cover, you could say.

It's just a "symbolic" type cover, you could say.

no it looks more "symbioteic"

bad pun, sorry. I'll go back in my box

SWEET! :D

And #567 was a very good issue. I didn't know Kraven's wife was alive, and now he has a daughter. So is this mother the same as Kraven's son?

If they're all family, I wonder if they'll bring the son back for a family reunion.

It makes Kraven look like a prick though since it seems he dicided that killing himself of ''the hunt'' was more important than raising his daughter(she's 14 in this story).

By the way, this would make Chameleon her unlce right?

It makes Kraven look like a prick though since it seems he dicided that killing himself of ''the hunt'' was more important than raising his daughter(she's 14 in this story).

By the way, this would make Chameleon her unlce right?
But did he know of having a daughter?

Latest posts

Back