Wow, so...that happened.

That was really unexpected.

Yeah. I wonder how they'll get out of this one?

going t go pick up the issue now!

yay!

EDIT: So I got it...

For the past little while they've been drumming up the clone saga:
the new (terrible) clone saga mini,
releasing the complete clone saga epic tpbs,
having the story arc where that Raptor guy wanted revenge on Ben Reilly,
using Kaine again.

I thought it was building to bringing back Ben Reilly, but it was really building up to
killing Kaine.

Madame Web: Don't you have any idea how...special you are?
"Spider-Man": No...Not until tonight. It was nice to see what it was like.

Madame Web: I have heard men die before...but not like this. Life does not leave him in a bubbling death rattle...a blood-chocked last gasp...he screams with every fiber of his being. It is the sound of pure regret. The cry of what could have been. It is the saddest sound I will ever hear in my life.

Kaine (in the back-up story): Is the prophecy true, hunter? Are you the one who'll finally put me out of my misery?

RIP
Kaine

I think you're right. Not sure what the point of it would be though. Seems like a lot of story for such an insignificant end.

come to think of it, I think Norman owned the Bugle for a while in the 90s...

I guess vmenge is reading back issues.

Its been torture :(
First MJ got really annoying being all "oh peter stop being spider-man blablabla" (which would be nice if it wasn't EVERY FRICKIN' ISSUE) but then the writers toned it down so she became more interesting to read, but then they came up with I-behave-like-a-twelve-year-old-spoiled-girl-Paul-Stacy and at the same time Robbie's wife became a *****. What's up with the 90's, really? I don't remember ever hating so much characters in a title :T

I think you're right. Not sure what the point of it would be though. Seems like a lot of story for such an insignificant end.
Not really insignificant, I mean,
he's reviving Kraven! The Clone Saga mini and all the clone related stuff recently must have been to keep new readers sort of informed of who was Kaine I guess...

Yeah. I wonder how they'll get out of this one?

It's a pretty significant end for
Kaine
. But then again
Kaine
hasn't really been a significant character in 15-ish years.
I think the significance of his
sacrifice
will be lost on the casual or new readers, but for those who know
Kaine
's character, its rather poignant.

Um... What just happened? If that was indeed Kaine, as you guys all seem to think it was, when did the switch occur? We see Pete/Spidey swinging off with Ezekiel/Chameleon as Kaine watches on. Could it have been after Pete/Spidey falls into the open grave?

Huh.

All this Kaine Clone Saga resurrected Kraven bull**** reminds me why I don't read Spider-Man.

This isn't the time to be making that point, actually... Amazing Spidey is easily one of the ten best monthlies I'm reading right now.

I do think there's been a switch around, but i don't know when it would have happened... I'm eager to see what happens next, but I love this story... I'll be interested to see if Kraven I gets angry with his wife and kids for bringing him back after he had decided his time was over.

I'll be interested to see if Kraven I gets angry with his wife and kids for bringing him back after he had decided his time was over.
It would be fun if Kraven came back and didn't join the Spidey hate parade, since he always seemed like a man with pride and swore he would never hunt again (he also hugged and made piece with Spidey in the Soul of the Hunter one-shot/graphic novel whatever) :p

Um... What just happened? If that was indeed Kaine, as you guys all seem to think it was, when did the switch occur? We see Pete/Spidey swinging off with Ezekiel/Chameleon as Kaine watches on. Could it have been after Pete/Spidey falls into the open grave?

Huh.
yeah, i'm pretty sure it happened when Peter fell into the open grave. He maybe got nocked unconscious and Kaine took over from there.
All this Kaine Clone Saga resurrected Kraven bull**** reminds me why I don't read Spider-Man.
have you been reading it? Or are you just reading the thread and judging it on that? B/c it's actually really good.

This isn't the time to be making that point, actually... Amazing Spidey is easily one of the ten best monthlies I'm reading right now.

I do think there's been a switch around, but i don't know when it would have happened... I'm eager to see what happens next, but I love this story... I'll be interested to see if Kraven I gets angry with his wife and kids for bringing him back after he had decided his time was over.

yeah, either that or he won't be fully himself since they used Kaine's blood instead of the "one true Spyder" (i love that they are calling him that in reference to Kraven's Last Hunt).

Last edited:
After the last issue, I was so excited to get issue #636. But it was pretty much filler. Nothing really happened.

Not a bad issue, but it really only served the purpose of catching the reader up on the details so the story can continue in the next issue.

have you been reading it? Or are you just reading the thread and judging it on that? B/c it's actually really good.

I did read it and was surprised at how good it was. The Michael Lark art helps.

I presume it's a reference to the press Y or N days.

Because those teenagers sure are funky and retro.

I do love the fact that Kraven is pissed off at being ressurected. He went out on a high note and now he's been brought back after he commited suicide.

Latest posts

Back