I loved the ending to this... Kraven is such a formidible nemesis for Spider-Man, that I actually wouldn't mind if he stuck around for a while. I bet he kills his wife, though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In other news:

Brand New Day To End With Amazing Spider-Man #647

101 issues in, the thrice-a-month Amazing Spider-Man comic will end it's current Brand New Day format with issue 647.

Bleeding Cool has previously reported that the book will become a fortnightly Dan Slott title, but whatever the future, they're going out with a bang. Issue 647 will be written by Brand New Day writers Dan Slott, Bob Gale, Joe Kelly, Mark Waid, Fred Van Lente and Zeb Wells and drawn by, well, pretty much everyone, in a 64 page special for $4.99.

I'm not sure what that means. Are they looking at a major change in the story/characters (and does this have anything to do with the MJ stuff that they "announced" a couple months ago)? Or is it just that they are going to publish one less issue per month?

Well it said "format" so I think they just mean the less issues thing.

A publishing schedule isn't really a "format" though. I'd consider the "format" to be Peter's new life since One More Day.

Of course it could just be a poor choice of words on Rich Johnston's part, because that's where I read it.

tumblr_l5dqq6tFGw1qzla78o1_500.png

I'm kind of angry that Dan Slott is going to be the new regular writer because Joe Kelly is so much better.

Since Kaine is a clone of Peter, do the Kravinoffs remember that Peter is Spider-Man or not?

Last edited:
I think Amazing Spider-Man is going back to being a monthly and we're getting Peter Parker Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-man and etc...
I really enjoyed BND though, and I hate the whole continuity ****storm so many Spidey books bring, so I wish this didn't happen :(

tumblr_l5dqq6tFGw1qzla78o1_500.png

I'm kind of angry that Dan Slott is going to be the new regular writer because Joe Kelly is so much better.

Yes. Joe Kelly is awesome. After the work he's done on this title, he definitely deserves the spot.

ProjectX2 said:
Since Kaine is a clone of Peter, do the Kravinoffs remember that Peter is Spider-Man or not?

Is it possible that Kraven remembers Peter's identity because he died before OMD and returned after?

Is it possible that Kraven remembers Peter's identity because he died before OMD and returned after?

That is what I am thinking, but I also have no idea how the OMD mind wipe actually works.

**** it. I'm just going back to pretending none of that stuff ever happened.

Joe Kelly also wrote the Rhino stuff.

CASE CLOSED.

forget Dan Slott, forget Joe Kelly, give me Fred Van Lente

Joe Kelly also wrote the Rhino stuff.

CASE CLOSED.

That's true. Joe Kelly's stuff has been good and the Rhino story was amazing. I'd be happy with him as the ongoing writer, although I'd still prefer Van Lente over all.

Marvel should put out three 616 Spider-Man titles each month again and have them written by Joe Kelly, Fred Van Lente, and Roger Stern.

That's true. Joe Kelly's stuff has been good and the Rhino story was amazing. I'd be happy with him as the ongoing writer, although I'd still prefer Van Lente over all.

Marvel should put out three 616 Spider-Man titles each month again and have them written by Joe Kelly, Fred Van Lente, and Roger Stern.

Roger Stern? Isn't his stuff kind of... uuhh.... dated?

I agree about Van Lente being a strong writer. I prefer Kelly's stuff, but they're both quite good.

ASM #637:

I liked it. Madame Web
is dead
, Julia Carpenter
is the new Madame Web
. My one complaint is that Jessica Drew wasn't in this story at all. That seemed like a glaring hole in the concept.

The possible future page was cool b/c
Spidey was wearing the suit from ASM #500 when he sees his future on the run from the police.

The back-up story by J.M. DeMatteis really ties the whole thing together with Kraven's last hunt nicely. Gives it a sense of symmetry. (If you don't get that you haven't read it).

Oh and I have to admit I really wasn't prepared for the epilogue after the letters page!

Latest posts

Back