1) Is Eddie Brock going to be Venom again? (I haven't read Siege so i didn't even know Mac and the symbiote were separated until right now. What happened to it?)

I didn't either. Someone please summarize.

Call me crazy but I rather liked Anti-Venom.

I didn't either. Someone please summarize.

Call me crazy but I rather liked Anti-Venom.

From wikipedia

Ms. Marvel

During the siege of Asgard, Spider-Man fought Mac Gargan in the streets of Broxton, Oklahoma. Ms. Marvel came to help Spidey and ripped Gargan out of the Symbiote. The Symbiote proceeded to take control of Carol Danvers until Spidey was able to feed her enough power to break free of the Symbiote.

The Fantastic Four

In "Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four #2", it was revealed that, shortly after Spider-Man initially removed the Venom Symbiote, it escaped and attempted to bond with Franklin Richards. In that course, it bonded temporarily with Reed Richards, Susan Richards, and She-Hulk. It eventually bonded with Franklin, but with Spider-Man's help, the Fantastic Four was able to separate the Symbiote from Franklin.

Last edited:
It's funny how Humberto Ramos is coming back as a Spidey artist coincidentally at the same time I started reading his run with Jenkins in Spectacular Spider-Man (2003). At first I didn't like his style much, but it grew on me a lot. I think it helps that the folks at Studio F color in an incredibly awesome manner, but the art in the issues I'm reading are nothing short of Spectacular!

Oh yeah, one thing though, his aunt may gives me the creeps
auntmay.png

Last edited:
Dan Slott and Steve Wacker talk about "Big Time"
One of the major changes ahead for Peter will be a full-time career in the place of his previous job-hopping. Slott and Wacker confirmed that this new professional avenue would relate to Peter's scientific expertise and the door would be opened by another prominent Marvel character. Slott noted that Peter has always been one of the smartest characters in the Marvel Universe, but he's been scrambling, living paycheck to paycheck while Tony Stark and Reed Richards lived comfortably off of their work.
There is also some preview art by Humberto Ramos.

Last edited:
I just read Dan Slott's Spider-Man and Human Torch, and I must say I like how he handles Spidey a lot :)
Hope he does some good stuff while in charge of Amazing.

On a side note, I must say how painful it is to create a reading order timeline for Spider-Man when Straczynski and Bendis (New Avengers) keep making so many time limiting references to previous story arcs. My brain hurts :(
Argh, there are two whole ****ing Spider-Man arcs supposed to fit between the first and second arc of the New Avengers (first arc goes from New Avengers #1 - #6 and second from #7 - #10), but because god hates me, Stark makes a reference to the New Avengers being put together just yesterday during an Illuminati meeting (New Avengers #7, and to back it up Namor says that the Raft incident happened just that week), which basically ****s everything up since the whole second arc is a series of non-stop events which leads to the Sentry being back and having his house on top of the Stark Tower (besides getting to be part of the team) but he nor his house are never even seen (or mentioned) during Amazing Spider-Man #520 - #524 or Marvel Knights Spider-Man #13 - #18.
Seriously, I'm caught between deciding that either Stark is lying and SHIELD only released information about the Raft incident with delay or Sentry's place magically disappearing. I think I'll go with the first option.

EDIT: THIS IS ****ING RIDICULOUS, moments later on New Avengers #8 Bendis makes a reference to the day where they just left Savage Land (referred as yesterday on #7) as a week before? Seriously, WHAT. THE. ****.
I'm not even sure page jumping like a ***** can fix this.

Last edited:
Remember how Madame Web died at the end of Grim Hunt? Well I just read the "Gathering of Five" and "Last Chapter" arcs of Amazing Spider-Man as well as some of the stuff with Mattie Franklin as Spider-Woman afterwards. And Madame Web was supposed to have been granted immortality by the ceremony of the "Gathering of Five" (which also gave Mattie Franklin her powers and made Norman insane). How does an immortal woman die?

did they say that's why, or is that your assumption?

I know she passed on her powers, and that explanation is as good as any, i guess. But it doesn't really satisfy me.

Talking about revenge, I just read Back in Black (the Amazing Spider-Man arc, yet to read the FNSM and Sensational arcs) and man, this was awesome. Art was awesome, and writing too. I know loads of people complained about Peter being out of character, but that's just it: he snapped, he IS supposed to be out of character!
But yeah, about Origin of the Species, I'm pretty sure he's not nearly as ticked as he was when May got shot, and well, even then he had second thoughts about killing so I'm pretty sure nothing that drastic is going to happen :p

edit:
wow, Sensational Spider-Man Annual #1 by Matt Fraction was completely awesome!

edit2:
watrchagonnado.png
:lol:

Last edited:
Talking about revenge, I just read Back in Black (the Amazing Spider-Man arc, yet to read the FNSM and Sensational arcs) and man, this was awesome. Art was awesome, and writing too. I know loads of people complained about Peter being out of character, but that's just it: he snapped, he IS supposed to be out of character!
But yeah, about Origin of the Species, I'm pretty sure he's not nearly as ticked as he was when May got shot, and well, even then he had second thoughts about killing so I'm pretty sure nothing that drastic is going to happen :p

edit:
wow, Sensational Spider-Man Annual #1 by Matt Fraction was completely awesome!

edit2:
watrchagonnado.png
:lol:

yeah the back in black ASM arc was really good. the Sensational arc with Hyde was okay, the issue with God was good and the annual was great.
FNSM...it's worth reading b/c it ties up "the Other" story line with that creature made out of spiders, but it's not particularly well written.

And then New Avengers, I almost always enjoy Bendis on New Avengers, but it certainly makes no sense that Peter found time to go to Japan.

Out of curiousity, is there anyone here who actually likes Carlie Cooper?

I don't dislike Carlie Cooper. She's just boring... Then again, I always found MJ kind of boring too.

Out of the new cast members, I prefer Norah Winters and Michelle Gonzalez (are those names right?).

I don't dislike Carlie Cooper. She's just boring... Then again, I always found MJ kind of boring too.
yeah, i kind of feel the same way. But I don't think she's boring, she's just not MJ. No love interest for Peter will ever have my support besides MJ (and maybe Betty Brant if they spark up that old flame again, but only temporarily)

Out of the new cast members, I prefer Norah Winters and Michelle Gonzalez (are those names right?).
yep, those are the names

Last edited:
And then New Avengers, I almost always enjoy Bendis on New Avengers, but it certainly makes no sense that Peter found time to go to Japan.
and also World War Hulk happened :p

yeah, i kind of feel the same way. But I don't think she's boring, she's just not MJ. No love interest for Peter will ever have my support besides MJ (and maybe Betty Brant if they spark up that old flame again, but only temporarily)
I agree completely! Except well, I'd sort of like to see Peter hook up a bit more with Felicia (temporarily though) and Gwen should come back *runs* :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back