Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

When you are plotting against someone, what does that mean? I don't mean to rub you the wrong way with this one I just assumed that when you have it out for someone you mean it.

No I understand what you're saying, GW. But again, Emma wasn't being specific. She could have meant to have Kitty be somewhere she can't get out of. Not saying that's what it'll be, just an example.

Goodwill said:
When you are plotting against someone, what does that mean?

Why do you assume she's plotting against her? What she said can be taken many many many different ways.

Well, we have the generic villain in the shadows and Emma beginning to act frustrated as she looks on at Kitty. I really can't see it any other way.

Goodwill said:
Well, we have the generic villain in the shadows and Emma beginning to act frustrated as she looks on at Kitty. I really can't see it any other way.

Goody - you should know better :wink:

Especially coming from a good writer like Whedon.

Exactly! I mean, this is the guy who fooled everyone with the fake cliffhanger of Jean coming back.

And if someone says they weren't fooled, you are such a liar!

Last edited:
Well, I picked up on a lot of stuff you didn't during the arc... I think that Whedon is too predictable for my tastes. No lie.

icemastertron said:
How is he predictable?

Yes, what parts specifically? Besides the falling down the stairs bit.

I hope you aren't going to try and tell me that you knew it was Colossus coming back.

I thought it was gonna be Absalom, St. John Allerdyce / "Pyro", Genoshan mutate 56, Genoshan mutate 24601, Kwannon / "Revanche", Josephine / "Infectia", MacTaggart, Moira, "Psynapse", Rasputin, Illyana (nee "Magik") or Wyngarde, Jason / "Mastermind".

longshotjimlee said:
I thought it was gonna be Absalom, St. John Allerdyce / "Pyro", Genoshan mutate 56, Genoshan mutate 24601, Kwannon / "Revanche", Josephine / "Infectia", MacTaggart, Moira, "Psynapse", Rasputin, Illyana (nee "Magik") or Wyngarde, Jason / "Mastermind".

Well, you were close.

Well, I could tell that Beast wasn't going to take the cure, that Dr. Rao didn't have a part in the violence that went down in the arc, I knew SHIELD had something to do with it, and I even guessed how Colossus was alive again... I don't see how you guys can follow this... Maybe you guys are just boned about Whedon coming on that you can't see past that. I really don't know what the big deal about him is.

Well you never know- Beast could have actually taken the cure. Or maybe he might in the future. You can't predict everything.

Goodwill said:
Well, I could tell that Beast wasn't going to take the cure, that Dr. Rao didn't have a part in the violence that went down in the arc, I knew SHIELD had something to do with it, and I even guessed how Colossus was alive again

Of course you did. :wink:

Well, I am definitely serious... Whenever you have time, please go back and check my posts in this thread. Therein lies the answers, BUB. ;)

Also, has anyone got the new issue?

Latest posts

Back