Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

See I think it's Kitty. Why?

1.) The person looks like Kitty. It's hard to tell, but it looks like jean-type clothes. Plus, the hair is brown, since it's a dark color.

2.) Remember that Kitty is stuck in the Danger Room with all the kids. The skulls might represent all the kid's skulls, and it's Kitty who's left standing.

Huge debate over if it is Kitty or Emma? What? Why on earth would it be Emma????? That is clearly Kitty. Wonder how her and the kids are going to get out of this mess....

Is Emma able to penetrate the Danger Room's security with her telepathy?

I agree it looks like Kitty.

Cool cover - thanks for posting.

Irish_4204 said:
Huge debate over if it is Kitty or Emma? What? Why on earth would it be Emma????? That is clearly Kitty. Wonder how her and the kids are going to get out of this mess....
Thats what I thought.

yeah, the kids are all gonna die, and there is just going to be a small class left. maybe just the four teams in new academy x. after all, they should be the best trained. not that we've seen many kids from the other squads besides the hellions and the new mutants...

We've seen a little of the Corsairs. But yeah, you're right. It's really been New Mutants and Hellions there. I wonder why they at least aren't in the Danger Room, too. They are part of the school, and all students were told to be taken there.

I just think it's awesome that Cassaday drew all those threads. Just love it. :D

This is why Joss Whedon rocks. 3 pages and I love that preview just on its own. I am sure as hell going to miss his writing while he's gone. :cry:

So do you guys think any New Academy X members, or other important students will die? Important ones, that being David, Josh, Julian, Sofia, Laurie, .... electric girl, Dust, Jay, Cessily, ... rock dude, Tag, Stepford Cuckoos, Kevin Ford, Hisako, Blindfold.

Astonishing X-men hasn't really been to continuity heavy, it's more like it's own little world, which brings in the other X-men ... never! So I don't really think so. I think it'd be cool though.

But Hisako can't die because she's supposed to lead the X-men in the future, according to Runaways, 2 of the Cuckoos are already dead. Jay is pretty hard to kill and was spent too long characterizing to just kill off, David just had an awesome story, etc. etc.

I just realized how into the new Mutants I am. I just wished they showed other damn teams!

Corsairs: Cuckoos... some other kid

Iceman's team: ?

Northstar's ... former team: ?

I don't think anyone from New X-Men will die. In the preview, Scott said almost all of their students were in the Danger Room, not ALL of their students.

iceman said:
So do you guys think any New Academy X members, or other important students will die? Important ones, that being David, Josh, Julian, Sofia, Laurie, .... electric girl, Dust, Jay, Cessily, ... rock dude, Tag, Stepford Cuckoos, Kevin Ford, Hisako, Blindfold.
Nope. Almost certainly not.

iceman said:
But Hisako can't die because she's supposed to lead the X-men in the future, according to Runaways, 2 of the Cuckoos are already dead. Jay is pretty hard to kill and was spent too long characterizing to just kill off, David just had an awesome story, etc. etc.
C'mon, you know the story by now. Its only one possible future blah blah blah blah and so on and so forth.

iceman said:
I just realized how into the new Mutants I am. I just wished they showed other damn teams!
Corsairs: Cuckoos... some other kid
Iceman's team: ?
Northstar's ... former team: ?
In the Corsairs, there's "Quill" from Noriko's orientation. I think its also got some of the other named students but I don't have my issue handy
Northstar's team is/was called Alpha Squadron. Its nice to see continuity being acknowledged with the "memorial" issue.

Beast's team is there as well, called the Exemplars. Plus there's the underage kids mentored by Xi'an including Victor.

Astonishing X-Men #9 (spoilers)

Did anybody else read it? I got it yesterday. I had to read it twice to actually understand it. When I first started reading AXM, I thought Whedon's plots weren't going to be this complicated (especially compared to Morrison's ), but damn, that was a little crazy. Cassidy's art was brilliant as usual, and I have to say Wing (covered in blood, with his neck all snapped) was one of the more disturbing things I've seen in this series.

First we get Cerebro that makes itself into a robot and tries to kill the X-Men, and now we get the Danger Room becoming a robot and trying to kill the X-Men. But the question at hand is:

Did the Danger Room always have that programming it talked about, or was that put into by the mysterious person we dont know, who hasn't shown up in this issue?

But overall, great issue, great art, and loved the dialogue. S'pecially Logan's about making the mansion out of Legos. :lol:

Can't wait until the next issue!

Nice to see the recognition of Collossus' return by Logan.The issue semmed iffy plotwise though-however with Charleys visit imminent I think we're gonna see a drastic change in the approach.Could Chuck have set a trial for his team to see how they're faring without him.Or be "The Mysterious Guy" we haven't seen the identity of yet?Cover to#12 says A LOT.

Yeah, I love the fact that they gave the danger room a personality. It makes sense: it was programmed to pretty much destroy the X Men, but was never allowed to, so its angry and now it has the power to destroy them (well atleast one of them. Plus the students).

Also, I agree that this probably has to do with the 'mysterious person.' I was a little suprised by this arc because I thought that they would deal with Emma's mysterious friend, but now I realise that they probably are related. Hopefully, Whedon and Cassidy will deal with this stuff before their break.

I don't understand it. Was the danger room design to be some kind of trap/weapon by the Shiar and altered later to be a practice room? Is that it?

I liked the whole issue except for the part where the danger room turns itself into a robot.

Another question that popped in my mind is why the danger room needed the x-men to free its core. I mean if he can control anything with a microchip on it he could have choused a lot of easier ways to do it, like using the sentinel robot to do it.

I'm thinking Magneto was responsible for the change in the Danger Room during his tenure as Xorn.

Latest posts

Back