Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Good point.

I'm gonna miss seeing the X-Men in actual costumes this arc, it seems if the fight's just gonna be in civvie clothes. Which is bad as I do like the costumes and don't want the only showing of them to be that FF-Monster fight in New York. Still, if Wheadon and Cassidy are staying on for another year then I guess I'll get plenty of it until some new team comes along and throw them back in black and yellow leather.

They are staying on, right? I've been pretty impresses with Wheadon's writing thus far and would like to see his take on some older X-Men foes like Juggernaut and Magneto.

If he even survives House of M this summer, that is.

Horanite said:
Still, if Whedon and Cassaday are staying on for another year then I guess I'll get plenty of it until some new team comes along and throw them back in black and yellow leather.

They are staying on, right? I've been pretty impresses with Wheadon's writing thus far and would like to see his take on some older X-Men foes like Juggernaut and Magneto.
Yes, they're signed for another 24 issues. Though they will have a break (a long one) after issue #12.

icemastertron said:
Yes, they're signed for another 24 issues. Though they will have a break (a long one) after issue #12.

Presumably for House of M and the various impacts that'll have on the MU...

Horanite said:
Presumably for House of M and the various impacts that'll have on the MU...
Actually, it's because Whedon is doing the Serenity movie....PLUS! he's writing/directing the Wonder Woman movie. So I doubt we'll see Astonishing X-Men return before sometime late next year.

icemastertron said:
Actually, it's because Whedon is doing the Serenity movie....PLUS! he's writing/directing the Wonder Woman movie. So I doubt we'll see Astonishing X-Men return before sometime late next year.

Oh, wow, damn. It's a real shame he's not going to do X-Men 3 after Singer skipped off to do Superman. Still, I guess Astonishing'll be my fix of Whedon-X-Men. :wink:

icemastertron said:

:cry:

icemastertron said:

I knew they were doing more, but damn, 24 issues?! I can't wait.

Astonishing X-Men #10 discussion (spoilers).

This issue was just.....wow. I mean, wtf really happened here? We know the X-Men aren't really dead, so was that all really a Danger Room sequence or something? I mean, Collosus and Kitty getting that column thingy going through their abdomens, Cyclops getting smack down permantly, Emma getting punched the living hell out of her, and Logan being down, too, was just crazy. But watching all that seemes awesome. The X-Men did put up a hell of a fight, and it was nicely done. I did like how Whedon wrote Professor X in the story. He's stil at Genosha and the Danger Room robot was coming to kill him there, calling him "Father". Saying she had to kill him to finish off to feel what completion was.

But I swear, nothing, and I mean nothing, gave me chills than the last page after the DR robot told him that she will kill him like his students. Right when Prof. X said, "You've had every advantage so far. You were nearly predestined to win. You've fought my X-Men a thousand times. A million in your mind. But you've never fought me.".

As for the mole- it's not someone on the team. It's on of the students. When Special Agent Brand was seeing footage, during that time she was told by another agent that the mole was still stuck in the Danger Room. So does that mean that the person who Emma was talking to at the end of the first arc was a student the whole time? Only time will tell.

icemastertron said:
As for the mole- it's not someone on the team. It's on of the students. When Special Agent Brand was seeing footage, during that time she was told by another agent that the mole was still stuck in the Danger Room. So does that mean that the person who Emma was talking to at the end of the first arc was a student the whole time? Only time will tell.
Kitty. Was she not stuck in the Danger Room with the students? It's not implausible, Whedon is clearly making her a central character and she just recently returned to the mansion and superhero life in general. It's not impossible and what makes me doubt the student theory is this; we've only really had 3 students named, Wing, Hisako and Blindfold. Now wasn't it suggested that the mole was affected when the Danger Room hit the telepaths? That suggests that it's Blindfold, the only telepathic character who's been developed and was trapped in the Danger Room. My money at the moment is on either Blindfold or Kitty.

It's not Kitty at all. Because the agent of S.W.O.R.D. said the mole was stuck in the Danger Room and away from the actual danger, it can't be Kitty because she was helping with the fight, hence her 'death' with Colossus.

Now I have't actually read these issues but I thought the whole point of that scene was to have the students and Kitty (Was Colossus in there too?) in the Danger room, under attack. Everyone in there was in danger, it doesn't match up. Even if it did that would just lead me to Blindfold as a better chance.

Here's the deal: the whole team is outside the Danger Room, fighting the DR robot. The kids are still in the room, but since the robot was focusing on the X-Men, it didn't go after the kids. They were mearly..."bait", per say.

Patriot said:
Julian Keller-Hellion.
It fits poifectly,except Whedon hasn't written him yet.
Plus he's all tied up with NXM. It's like grabbing a random student and making a case. You can fudge the facts to fit a lot of characters.

Caduceus said:
You can fudge the facts to fit a lot of characters.

Emma's star pupil?I just like the idea and think it'd work well.At the moment it could only be two people if you limit to AXM.

:D Heres what Buzzscope had to say:

Professor Xavier didn't get much time here, but what little he did get was enough to remind readers of why Ultimate X-Men is good, but Astonishing has been far better.

Enjoy!

Wha-- how can you judge between those books based on how Xavier is used?!

Not that I disagree, but still...

Patriot said:
Hey i'm just the middleman....... :wink:

You didn't mean literally YOU.

If it did be assured I would've included some kind of crack about being a drunk red-headed Irishman.

Latest posts

Back