Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

Dr.Strangefate said:
Or he... you know... figures out how to control them, but continues to wear the vizors just because of the tremendous effort it takes to do so.

Or he wears them because he thinks they're cool.
Or maybe because it can focus the beam more and he's used them so much, training to use eye lids would be difficult since he's so used to it

what the **** happened? Why is there two Emma's? What is in that case?

This book is genius.

Random said:
I think the thing with cyclops not being able to control it came from when he parachuted after his parent plane went down. He hit his head on landing damaging the part of his brain that would control his power, so he would actually need brain surgery and a surgen that knows what part of the brain is damage and how to fix it
The parachute thing has historically been why he couldn't control his powers. Whedon introduced the idea that the reason he couldn't was because after the accident he chose to never be able to control it. He chose to because the visor created a crutch that made it impossible for him to be an out of control person.

Emma unlocked the part of his mind that was preventing it from happening. The telepathic process that unlocked his control also trapped him in his own mind. At this rate, I project that he's going to come out of it just in time to save Kitty.

Hibiki said:
hmm, who the hell is WHite Queen?

From now on....no one should be allowed to ask who such and such is. It's just lame and dumb.

In the time you spend waiting for someone to answer--you could've gone to Marvel's Bios page or Wikipedia'd the answer.

This isn't just at Hibiki directly. This goes for everyone.

Anyways.....everyone knows its Xorn in the box. :lol:

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
From now on....no one should be allowed to ask who such and such is. It's just lame and dumb.

In the time you spend waiting for someone to answer--you could've gone to Marvel's Bios page or Wikipedia'd the answer.

This isn't just at Hibiki directly. This goes for everyone.

Anyways.....everyone knows its Xorn in the box. :lol:

Sounds like a ripoff fastfood restaurant. And it feels like it's directly towards me. But I will take the advice and just take it as you don't know.

Hibiki said:
Sounds like a ripoff fastfood restaurant. And it feels like it's directly towards me. But I will take the advice and just take it as you don't know.

Well it's not directed at you so don't take it as such. Or do. It's your bag.

And silly little girl....not only do I know who White Queen is....I know who Black Queen is as well. You see my X-Men knowledge extends past whatever was shown to me on Saturday morning TV. :wink:

Is that suppose to be Emma?

I took it has it was suppose to be another Emma in her White Queen days.

Victor Von Doom said:
Well it's not directed at you so don't take it as such. Or do. It's your bag.

And silly little girl....not only do I know who White Queen is....I know who Black Queen is as well. You see my X-Men knowledge extends past whatever was shown to me on Saturday morning TV. :wink:

hahaha, I checked and I think it's some chick named Opul Lun. Has something to do with an alternate earth and Captain Britain and some other ****. Hurts my brain. But yeah, I'm satisfied.

Yeah, thats back from the Uncanny run...possibly just before HoM, I don't recall offhand. Sat-yr-nin or Satyrnine or whichever version it was that survived pretended to be Brian Braddock's girlfriend Courtney Ross, but is really evil. May also be a robot. Alternate versions are good. Very confusing, not important in the scheme of things. Really.

Can someone post a summary of Astonishing X-Men #17? I'm not sure I completely understood it.

Recap:

It starts out with the illusion that Cassandra Nova projected into Kitty's mind. Kitty's just delivered Peter's baby, and all the X-Men are admiring the baby. Time jump, the baby is now 18 months old. The X-Men, including Peter, take the baby from Kitty. Kitty holds Peter hostage and demands that he tell her where her son is. Peter tells her he's in a box in the basement.

On board the SWORD space station, Agent Brand is discussing the situation at the institute. Then they get a visual on the Danger and Ord via a mole. The mole wants to engage Danger and Ord. The mole is revealed to be... Lockheed.

Back at the Xavier Institute, Wolverine wakes up Hisako. Blindfold wakes up Colossus and gives him his "orders." Beast is eating a deer. Emma and Cassandra argue about how the mission should be run. Kitty manages to break into the box...

Danger breaks into the mansion. The attack knocks Wolverine out of it and he's back. Ord is pissed because they haven't found Colossus. Kitty thinks she rescued he son when in fact she took what looks like an egg sack out of the box. The Hellfire club shows up and Cassandra implies that she is somehow trapped in the egg sack thing. She says she going to take Kitty's body. Out of nowhere Emma gets shot three times by... Scott.

Isn't the "egg" Cassandra Nova's shot up body from Morrison's run?

Isn't the "egg" Cassandra Nova's shot up body from Morrison's run?
Her brain in Stuff's body, if I recall correctly, but yeah. It helps if you don't think about that part, and just pretend it's her.

Many thanks Maxwell...

The egg was what was confusing me. Actually it looked more like a worm or grub or something...weird.

Many thanks Maxwell...

The egg was what was confusing me. Actually it looked more like a worm or grub or something...weird.

Didn't it? Like a huge booger moony hawked out. Then he tricked Kitty into hugging it. Therefore the booger is moony! :lol:

Not to metion that Brand was speaking an alien language to Lockheed and he talked back.

I love Astonishing. It's all so great.

Not to metion that Brand was speaking an alien language to Lockheed and he talked back.

I love Astonishing. It's all so great.
Well, he is an alien. He can speak English, but I'm sure he prefers to speak his native language when he does speak.

Latest posts

Back