Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

Scott Summers just died.

But he's on the preview page for Ellis's run...and isn't he a major player in the up coming Messiah Complex crossover?

So...won't he be back before Whedon's run's up?

plus he's seen in the preview next issue of X-Factor wearing the jacket he's been wearing in Astonishing since he lost his powers

But he's on the preview page for Ellis's run...and isn't he a major player in the up coming Messiah Complex crossover?

So...won't he be back before Whedon's run's up?
Remember this happens elsewhere in the timeline at the moment.

Remember this happens elsewhere in the timeline at the moment.

Ah! Still like Warren Ellis once wrote, "X-Men come back more than Jesus."

And to not sound so meh about it, I'm looking forward to reading!

It was another fantastic issue.

There is not one problem with his run.

Art, characters, dialogue, villains,

All great.

Last edited:

I find Astonishing X-Men mediocre overall. It's an alright comic, but not as good as everyone thinks it is.

I find Astonishing X-Men mediocre overall. It's an alright comic, but not as good as everyone thinks it is.

I like the characterization. The plot isn't important to me and the whole Colossus destroying the Breakworld means nothing to me. It's all about characterization, that's why I read AXM. If they could get a story that I cared about this would be my favorite book being published instead of Captain America.

But I agree, it's overrated but not bad.

I'm vague on the details, but I know it was a major point in Morrison's X-Men and one of the reasons he's with Emma.

I thought he was supposed to be with Emma so that there would be no dark Beast/Sublime in the future trying to take control of the phoenix power.

As I haven't read the latest issue yet, cyclops dying doesn't make sense. This whole arc predates Civil War and he was in that. I think it was even said before CW started that AXM and Wolverine: origins happen before CW takes place.

I thought he was supposed to be with Emma so that there would be no dark Beast/Sublime in the future trying to take control of the phoenix power.
Notice Joe said "one of the reasons."

As I haven't read the latest issue yet, cyclops dying doesn't make sense. This whole arc predates Civil War and he was in that. I think it was even said before CW started that AXM and Wolverine: origins happen before CW takes place.
Like that doesn't mean he won't come back to life. Are you new to the X-World? :p

didn't notice...

Like that doesn't mean he won't come back to life. Are you new to the X-World? :p

relatively yes, considering HoM was one of the first I read.

didn't notice...relatively yes, considering HoM was one of the first I read.

Ahh, well. At one point or another, as the quote Foolsfolly posted says "X-Men come back more than Jesus." :lol:

well, i've just experience wolvie dying on more than one occasion but it makes sense. I just wonder if he really is dead, will Ellis be the one to rez him and if it takes place before CW.

well, i've just experience wolvie dying on more than one occasion but it makes sense. I just wonder if he really is dead, will Ellis be the one to rez him and if it takes place before CW.
I recall hearing that AXM took place after CW

This seems like its probably a Die in One Issue, come back in the next, deal..

I think Marvel would have publicised it otherwise...

He'll be magically picked up by another cruiser or something else in orbit. All will be right with the world.

This seems like its probably a Die in One Issue, come back in the next, deal..
Oh yeah, definetly. This isn't the "Die for a months or so" kind of deal. Nothing like with Jean. Something'll happen to bring him back in #23 for sure.

I know that it is "just another X-death", and I know that he will be back, and, yes, probably with his powers (and probably either with new powers or stronger ones).

But it was still a heckuva "death" scene.

I know that it is "just another X-death", and I know that he will be back, and, yes, probably with his powers (and probably either with new powers or stronger ones).

But it was still a heckuva "death" scene.
I liked it.

My friend had asked me if I thought this could mean the return of Jean. I told him no, nothing with Jean is gonna happen right now, especially (and I havent read Phoenix: War Song) the Phoenix force isn't with her anymore.

Latest posts

Back