Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

I don't know....it doesn't look overtly red.

It looks like I'm looking down on Cyclops thru an open ceiling. To be honest....it could go either way. But Bass' idea sounds cooler than mine so we'll run with that for now.

But if he's wrong I get his mod powers for a day. We'll even announce the day in advance to give everyone notice so they can decide if they wanna be brave and venture on here that ominous day.

Last edited:

According to Laura (Martin, the colourist of the issue), "we're seeing the last moments of the blast. So it's still red in the room, and his eyes are glowing, but it's just dying out."

I then asked what you're all thinking; "DOES THIS MEAN HE CAN CONTROL HIS POWERS?" (I may have geeked at her a little bit.)

"I think so" she said, "Your guess is as good as mine."

I think her guess is somewhat better than mine or yours, but that's what we've got. I feel she's playing the truth of #24 close to her chest! Or, she was telling the truth and has kind of forgotten at the moment at which I spoke to her. Regardless, there it is - it's just the end of the big blast. Does this mean he can control his powers? #24 will tell!

According to Laura (Martin, the colourist of the issue), "we're seeing the last moments of the blast. So it's still red in the room, and his eyes are glowing, but it's just dying out."

I then asked what you're all thinking; "DOES THIS MEAN HE CAN CONTROL HIS POWERS?" (I may have geeked at her a little bit.)

I think her guess is somewhat better than mine or yours, but that's what we've got. I feel she's playing the truth of #24 close to her chest! Or, she was telling the truth and has kind of forgotten at the moment at which I spoke to her. Regardless, there it is - it's just the end of the big blast. Does this mean he can control his powers? #24 will tell!

8)

Doom.....Mod For A Day. It's gonna be awesome.

Crap. I totally didn't see that bet.

And thus, never agreed to it.

Nice try, Doom, but your inability to write in big red letters (thank you Hibiki) means your nonsensical posts of nonsense are forgotten and ignored by me, thus null and void in all regards of wit and cool.

Well played... Doom.

:lol:

Either way....this book is still one of the best 616 books in like the last decade.

This last issue has also inspired me to dreamcast this book. I've already got Scott, Emma, and Beast cast.

*squeal*

I too, am completely geeking out at this comic.

*squeal*

Last edited:

Awesome - thanks for asking her.

It was no mere hellish task, let me tell you. I had to like... look for her phone number and press buttons. HELLISH!

I lost three men on that expedition! Granted, they were just blacks but

BANNED

Huh. That... I didn't think that was possible anymore.

Last edited:
OMG! YOU CAN'T KILL MY KITTY!!!!

avatar and sig in commemoration because i know she's gonna kick the bucket. :(

SRSLY.

It's not a missile. It's a bullet.

AAAAARRRRGH!

yeah that caught me off guard in a big way and the fact kitty was stuck in it. ugh! i need the one shot now and in a reallly bad way.

It kind of makes sense that it's her, because she's been the focal point of the entire series so far. Scott had another instance of major character development - he's been the other main focus of the series...I can't see him dying.

But I would expect that a 10 mile long bullet would destroy Earth, so I don't see Kitty dying because Earth of course will not be destroyed. So maybe someone sacrifices themselves to stop the bullet. Peter? Is he known to, say, jump long distances like Hulk? I don't think anyone else is strong enough to stop it (in other words, no Fastball Special) and there are no controls or anything to stop it (which rules out Beast or Kitty if she were to wake up).

Latest posts

Back