Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Where did you get this picture?

I remember him not being on the cover before he was brought back but i'm surprised that he would be put on the cover.

Anyone have any suggestions as too who the "mysterious evil growing in the school" might be?

Some of my money is on whoever it was that was talking to Carter Gazhikanian but i'm definitely not certain

any thoughts

I honestly expected Colossus to be added to that cover or, if he wasn't going to be, there would be a brand new cover including him. Since he's on the team, they'll need to be showing him off more and, by not showing him on a cover, wouldn't quite accomplish this.

I really think that the growing evil in the school is Emma and the Cuckoo Sisters. I may not know much about the Cuckoo Sisters, but maybe they, too, have ties to the Hellfire Club... That wouldn't be too far off now, would it? I mean, in some respects, it would be a good explanation for a lot of things...

If anyone, the Cuckoos have ties to Weapon X/Plus programs. Emma may be going bad but if she's the evil one, I will be so disappointed. Its so obvious and pointless. Look at her in Uncanny, she's interacting with her power base and she's not showing any signs. All i think is going on is a little double dealing rather than a full scale "emma is secretly Magneto" style betrayal

I'd be surprised if Emma is actually a baddie. I know Marvel has no qualms about crapping all over Morrison's run on New X-Men, but Scott and Emma getting together was the whole point of everything he did. take her out of the equation and what is left? Scott by himself. Just when you didn't think he could be any more boring....

Goodwill said:
Emma has it out for Shadowcat! There, I spelled it out for you... If that doesn't make her a villain, what does?

So now a team of individuals has to get along perfectly with everybody? And if they don't, they're villains?

Seriously, there have been plenty of X-Men who didn't like plenty of other X-Men. Just because she doesn't like Kitty doesn't make her a villain.

Hell half the X-men hate each others guts most of the time.

P.S
I know you aren't saying Emma's a villain Goody but we can hear you thinking it. From Australia.

UltimateE. Have you read that last page over? Emma is implying that she wants Shadowcat killed... It's fine to have little skirmishes as we've seen in even this arc but not to the point where another member kills another.

That's different. He has obviously changed since then and it seems that Emma is taking a much more educated approach to this than killing someone off for Jean.

I'll never ever understand her obsession with Kitty... ever... Why does she constantly seek this poor girl out? Why is she always trying to catch her or kill her? But I do think that theres more to this whole thing then Emma being a villian, I think something is working her like a puppet on a string. But I guess we'll be finding out in Feb. exactly what it is, judging by the Uncanny cover with her eyes all red.

Last edited:
BlackCat said:
I'll never ever understand her obsession with Kitty... ever... Why does she constantly seek this poor girl out? Why is she always trying to catch her or kill her?

My only guess is that it has to do with when they first met in Uncanny X-Men #129. (Which I don't have, but I have the issue before it, #128, the final appeareance of Proteus!)

Goodwill said:
That's different. He has obviously changed since then and it seems that Emma is taking a much more educated approach to this than killing someone off for Jean.

What level telepath is Emma compared to Charles?

after all he's buggered off, so it should be pretty easy for her to manipulate the others.

Emma is no where near Charles. I think she's a high level, but not as high as Charles.

But yes, she can manipulate almost anyone she wants.

icemastertron said:
My only guess is that it has to do with when they first met in Uncanny X-Men #129. (Which I don't have, but I have the issue before it, #128, the final appeareance of Proteus!)

I've read that ish and the ones after and the only thing I got from it was that she wanted her as a student. The only thing that makes sense to me is that maybe Emma's just doesn't like being rejected and is capable of holding on to a mean grudge for 10+ yrs lol...

Besides all this Emma business, I wanted to mention that I really enjoyed the idea of the Breakworld, and I wonder who of the x-men -in the near future- will be going there to destroy it. If that doesn't get resolved in Whedon's run, I hope someone continues with the idea. It sounds like a great set-up.

BlackCat said:
Besides all this Emma business, I wanted to mention that I really enjoyed the idea of the Breakworld, and I wonder who of the x-men -in the near future- will be going there to destroy it. If that doesn't get resolved in Whedon's run, I hope someone continues with the idea. It sounds like a great set-up.

Yes, I loved that Whedon made this up. I thought it was great. I sure will miss him and Cassaday when they leave after issue 12. :cry:

Latest posts

Back