Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

You told me that all of that jazz between her and Kitty was just because of her days in the Hellfire Club. She was with the X-Men now... C'mon, man, own up to it!

What I said was that the reason Kitty disliked Emma was mostly because of the whole thing with the HFC and all that. I never said anything saying that Emma was now loyal forever or whatever.

You sure you're reading the posts correctly?

I'm reading them fine. I just don't think you're willing to own up to the fact that I was right way, way back when! :)

Anyway, Ice, enough of that... Who are you saying is the mystery person? I don't know much about my 616 lore, but I am going to say the Cuckoo sisters. They seem like the people, inside of the mansion, that would help Emma with evil plots more than anyone else. What do you think?

I don't man. I could say one person, but it's gonna end up being someone else. It's Whedon writing after all, and he did get us with that cliffhanger in issue #3.

Yeah, dude, but I hopped on this arc and started predicting stuff out of my ears and I guessed it all right... There's no denying that I'm good at guessing what's around the corner for this title. Do you know that show Lost? It's really good... Well, anyway, I know what's going on on that show before stuff happens, too, like I know the lines that people will say without me knowing anything about the show before I see it. ESP, maybe?

Cuckoo Sisters... Watch that be the persons!

Emma Frost is not bad.

Elias Bogan is the one she is talking too. remember Elias bogan from x-treme x-men,uncanny x-men and x-men

Ok Cad's profile of Elias Bogan
Feel free to correct any mistakes or anything cos this is all from memory

Elias Bogan first showed up in "Schism" XXM 20-23. There was a murder on a glacier and the perpetrator was a mutant. Sage and Bishop tracked the teleporting kid to the school but Emma, acting as headmistress for some unremembered reason, basically told them to shove any ideas of taking the kid to the cops. Jeffrey Garret, the kid, teleported them to Times Square, minus their clothes (a byproduct of their power rather tahn deliberate cruelty) When the police picked them up, they were involved in a mutant rights demonstration which was the first appearance of Evangeline Whedon. They enlisted Storm who visited Xavier's and spoke to Emma and they rehashed a few issues. Anyway, Emma ended up possesed by Bogan and Sage, Bishop, Storm, Emma and the students were trapped in the danger room but escaped. They realised that Bogan had to have somehow physically activated the protocols and that meant he was either there or someone was acting on his behalf.

Next appearance in the final arc of XXM where his past with Sage is rehashed. Bogan is perhaps one of the founding members of the Hellfire Club and is majorly involved with them. He isn't one of the Lords Cardinal but is really important. Sage helped Shaw trick him when she was working with him and he wanted vengeance so he gave her the facial scar/tattoos on her cheeks. It was revealed that he had been possessing Rachel Summers and she was acting as his telepath. In the end, his house in Valle Soleada, that had become the X-corp office in LA was destroyed and the team was distracted by the events and aftermath of Planet X and the formation of XSE.

Powers: Bogan's powers include the mental possession of people through unexplained means. He takes control of their minds and the only sign is red pupils and bleeding, always in the shape of Sage's facial tats. He is quite powerful and can possess even telepaths such as Emma Frost. Sage can resist him because with her own telepathic abilities, she can make herself proof against any telepath. Other than that, pretty much anyone is fair game.

Goons; Bogan has a few goons who work for him as well as whoever is his current possessee. These include Bludgel and Cudgel (two guys with clubs), Manacle (who produces chains) and Revenant (who gives Nightmares). They are small time- powerless Rogue once defeated all three of them at once.

Plot Danglersl
Bogans connections to the Hellfire club in its current incarnation (Shaw, Sat-yr-nin as Courtney Ross, Viper, Selene etc) have yet to be explained but coments by CC about the Hellfire Club's role suggest he'l have an appearance or two at the least

Spoilers for XM 164
It is possible (but inlikely) that the Eyes Carter saw at the end of the issue were Bogan or a possessee. Its unlikely tough as they are supposed to be female and were green. But a host is a possibility (Personally i doubt this one but it has been suggested a lot on other boards)

Well, to me the voice was of a female's. If you read the dialogue between this person and Emma, there are subtle indications that it is a female by the way that it mentions it's attraction to Colossus and all.

Yep i was. I hadn't considered the scene with Emma as possibly Bogan because Bogan possessed Emma. They aren't on friendly terms. There's no reason to work together as Bogan could just possess Emma again and get whatever he wants from her

Yeah, and whoever she was talking to, seems as she is working alongside with this mystery person x. Get it? Mystery person? X? Oh, never mind! :(

I really do feel as if the Hellfire Club has something to do with this, but I really don't think Bogan is pulling the strings. I do think that it will be the Cuckoo Sisters because of their odd loyalty to Emma and their blatant strangeness... Emma has them as pawns and she does her all-powerful deal with the rest of the HFC.

LS, you must be kidding me, right? Have you read the latest issue? She has it out for Kitty, remember?

Which should be another indication that this stems from her days with the Hellfire Club. Kitty and her have a history involving the Hellfire Club and they have had different affliations with them... We'll see, though.

Latest posts

Back