Batman/Detective Comics Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Batman Series Discussion *Spoilers*

That was well explianed, all I heard was Superboy hit the timnestream... thats it

Doc Comic said:
I always thought Jason coming back was covered by Raven in Teen Titans, when she said Superman's death and resurrection left the gateway to the afterlife unhinged, which is why Jason, Green Arrow, and everybody came back.

I assumed that was speculation on Raven's part regarding the means of Jason coming back based on how others did, not conclusive proof.

I just found out what happened to Black Mask.

Catwoman shot him in the face and killed him.

:shock: whoa.

Last edited:

Catwoman isn't exactly a hero, and isn't a villain either...

She's become more of a violent Vigilante/thief... which I am a fan of.

She killed Black Mask to help save her friends.

In fairness, he really had it coming!

Btw, in Gotham Knights did we ever find out who Hush was in the end? Or was it Tommy all along?

Yes. Which I think is lame. Turns out he had the new clayface do it to fool Alfred.

And the ending of gotham knight had a three man showdown with batman, joker, and hush. The ending of batman had a three man showdown with Batman, Joker, and Red Hood. So i'm a little confused.

I'm still confused as to how Poison Ivy is alive again. But she did make some comment about she's back. I don't know if she meant death or not.

I like Robin's new costume.

This feels like the old Batman cartoon.

That could be a good thing but also bad cause the story can unoriginal. A typical Batman story with some OYL mysterious thrown in.

I'll read more before I judge completely.

B

yo, Batman: TAS in comic book form rules.

Especially with Paul Dini picking up Detective Comics...

Part 3 of Face to Face.

Interesting parts of it. That page that Doc showed was from this and not IC. I wonder what Batman was refering too? And that he has a pi on his payroll now. That's interesting. Now it seems that Two=Face is coming back. I liked that he was cured. I'm not thrilled. I don't think he is the killer. It's too obvious. Other than that it's good so far.

C+

whaaat. the killer is TOOOOTALLY two-face. i think the issue is simply what is batmeng gonna do about it. also, i think that two-face will never be gone, but harv is just a lot better at supressing it. i'd really hate to see him lose the battle to it though.

thee great one said:
Part 3 of Face to Face.

Interesting parts of it. That page that Doc showed was from this and not IC. I wonder what Batman was refering too? And that he has a pi on his payroll now. That's interesting. Now it seems that Two=Face is coming back. I liked that he was cured. I'm not thrilled. I don't think he is the killer. It's too obvious. Other than that it's good so far.

C+

Send me the issue.

Doot.

Keep in mind, this story is here to set up what is to come... Which is bringing batman back to the roots that people want to read about in a Batman comic book.

I'm really liking it... especially with the intro to that Detective guy, and I like the fact that Tim Drake is a little more downbeat, in correlation to Teen Titans.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Doot.

Keep in mind, this story is here to set up what is to come... Which is bringing batman back to the roots that people want to read about in a Batman comic book.

I'm really liking it... especially with the intro to that Detective guy, and I like the fact that Tim Drake is a little more downbeat, in correlation to Teen Titans.

I'm thinking that the downbeat Tim might be an act, hence Batman's comments about Conner&Jack Drake.......

Jason Bard: newbie or classic?

classic. dated barbara gordon around the time joker shot her.

i like the concept of batman having a daytime network. i kinda wished he would hire the question in the same way, but apparently vic sage isn't in gotham after 52.

Hrm... Remind me...

Is there any plans for a new Gotham Central series after 52? Because with Bullock and Gordon back, we have the oppertunity for a great series...

Uh... Yeah... I definitely just went and hunted down the entire series in singles in the last two days...

(Gotham Central = possibly most awesome series ever)

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hrm... Remind me...

Is there any plans for a new Gotham Central series after 52? Because with Bullock and Gordon back, we have the oppertunity for a great series...

Uh... Yeah... I definitely just went and hunted down the entire series in singles in the last two days...

(Gotham Central = possibly most awesome series ever)
Wasn't it? I've got the Josie Mac arc in singles on and am just waiting for DC to get off thier *** and trade the rest of the series.

They killed The Ventrilloquist. He was hands down my favorite Bat-Villian. ANd they shot him. In the head. And stepped on his puppet. :cry:

I know it looks like they're bringing back Two-Face but I really hope they're not. Harvey's redemption was the best part of Hush and to undo it would just be a step backwords.

Cosmetic Surgery does not repair paranoid schizophrenia...

Harvey Dent is the killer. Not Two Face... Dent is going to have a rough time trying to work through his own sanity.

As for Gotham Central... DC Trades aren't exactly known for coming out regularly, and I wasn't willing to wait another two years to read the series... and now I only have 8 or 9 issues left to pick up, so its all good.

Latest posts

Back