Batman/Superman news and rumors

I just finished reading the script. Man was that bad. I'm a little confused on how people thought Kevin Smith wrote it. It really doesn't read like something he wrote.

I just finished reading the script. Man was that bad. I'm a little confused on how people thought Kevin Smith wrote it. It really doesn't read like something he wrote.

Wait a second... we--we actually agree on this? Holy ----!

;)

But yeah, it was terrible. Either it's a fake script written by a fan very soon after the news about what's in the film (Superman statue, football game, basketball court in Lexcorp lobby), who integrated those confirmed things to make it seem more authentic, or it's an early version of the script before Terrio's rewrite.

Also, it seems entirely premature to do the Death of Superman thing (and obvious resurrection in Justice League), if by some chance this is true.

But yeah, I'm thinking it's not. Also, what was up with making Martha Kent seem like an alcoholic? Literally of the three or four scenes she's in, in one she mentions getting drunk with Lois, and another she's actually drinking with Lois. So weird.

Doomsday in general is a bad idea. It was a lame story and, unlike Venom, no one's been able to figure out how to make the character better yet.

If my son killed thousands of lives in one day I'd be drinking too.

Any Man of Steel debate, or what-have-you, -- remember there's a thread for that. This isn't it.

Last edited:
Doomsday in general is a bad idea. It was a lame story and, unlike Venom, no one's been able to figure out how to make the character better yet.

Solaris, the Living Sun was an under-funded and unfinished attempt at a migrant vessel for Krypton in case of planetary destruction. The Doomsday probes were genetically designed creatures intended to survive practically any environment and serving as scouts to find the Kryptonians a new homeworld.

Both have been retro-engineered as weapons of mass destruction.

I think you meant to say, "EXACTLY like Venom."

I think the problem with Venom is that no one has ever done him as well as Todd McFarlane did him. He was creepy and intimidating in the original stories.

But the 90s happened, and this Venom
tumblr_mxy15mKnY61rvm4udo1_1280.jpg

was quickly replaced by this Venom.
ASM-346-Larsen-Venom.jpg

And Venom became all about being a monster and drooling green slime.

I think the problem with Venom is that no one has ever done him as well as Todd McFarlane did him. He was creepy and intimidating in the original stories. But the 90s happened, and this Venom was quickly replaced by this Venom. And Venom became all about being a monster and drooling green slime.

Weird. It was charming when Slimer did it in Ghostbusters.

10928_263878170479437_2134267879069994732_n.jpg

I love this Wonder Woman costume! they did a cool job

And here's Batman's armored suit (inspired by the armored suit he used in TDKR):

1406407387380_zps8feb082c.jpg

It's a screencap from the short teaser shown at Comic Con, with some douche taking up half the image, but you get a good look at the helmet.

Also, there you go, wyo, white lens eyes for Batman.

Last edited:
We had "white lens" in Nolan's. I'm talking REALLY white lens or West it and have none. West didn't look terrible without eyeshadow come to think of it.

We had "white lens" in Nolan's. I'm talking REALLY white lens or West it and have none. West didn't look terrible without eyeshadow come to think of it.

West's costume also was fine for the time, but doing so in modern day wouldn't go over well.

And no black make up around the eyes wouldn't look right. You are aware they do it for a reason, right? And white lenses, as I said, don't allow any emoting to be done with the eyes or brows.

That pic look cool. I admit I saw the description of :

It starts with thunder and rain, as a hand pulls a tarp off of something… it's Ben Affleck's Batman on a Gotham City rooftop, and he's in the full bat-armor from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. His eyes are glowing white, and we see that what he's pulled that tarp off of is the bat-signal. He turns the signal on and the famed bat symbol fills the sky… but then we see it's aimed at something. At a man floating in the sky. A super-man! Cut to a close-up of Henry Cavill's Man of Steel as his eyes start to glow with heat vision. Cut back to Batman whose eyes are still glowing white. It's the stare down of all stare downs! Cut to the title screen: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

I got goosebumps just picturing that! Man of steel was great , This looks and sounds even better. I'm hyped

I guess me rarely thinking about past Sam Raimi projects that don't star James Franco or Bruce Campbell made me miss it but...

Lucy Lawless even pointed it out while taking a stab at DC.

Last edited:
I guess me rarely thinking about past Sam Raimi projects that don't star James Franco or Bruce Campbell made me miss it but... Lucy Lawless even pointed it out while taking a stab at DC.

It's equally viable to take a stab at the Xena costume being a rip off of the Wonder Woman costume, given the WW costume has been around far longer.

Last edited:
It's equally viable to take a stab at the Xena costume being a rip off of the Wonder Woman costume, given the WW costume has been around far longer.

If you clicked the link you'd see the stab was at DC trying to take the feminism out of Wonder Woman and not the costume itself. Of course Xena was influenced by Wonder Woman, it's just funny because it's gone full circle now as far as the costume is concerned. Not everything I post is anti-this movie.

If you clicked the link you'd see the stab was at DC trying to take the feminism out of Wonder Woman and not the costume itself. Of course Xena was influenced by Wonder Woman, it's just funny because it's gone full circle now as far as the costume is concerned. Not everything I post is anti-this movie.

Its tough to tell with you since you make pretty ludicrous claims (like your stance that Nolan was ashamed to be making Batman movies).

Its tough to tell with you since you make pretty ludicrous claims (like your stance that Nolan was ashamed to be making Batman movies).

I said the movies felt like they were, not Nolan himself (even though he's been pretty vocal about how he feels about superheroes). Greg Rucka said the same thing and I'd wager he's better with Batman than I am.

Latest posts

Back