Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

I have read the new GLC and BN - Batman. Loved them both.

I am not sure I have really read a comic with Deadman as such a prominent character. I look forward to it.

And to call the last couple issues fluff? They have been full of details onto the nature of the Black Ring and how it works exactly. Give it time. I haven't read any fluff.

Edit: I just read the first issue of Blackest Night: Batman and greatly enjoyed it. I think, oddly enough, the miniseries may actually be easier to pull off than the main book. Did anyone else have a chance to pick this up?

I did. It was really good. I like Deadman.

I think BN:Batman helps explain how the black rings work in terms of what these creatures are and that they don't include the actual souls of the people they were, just memories. Or something like that. :D

I think BN:Batman helps explain how the black rings work in terms of what these creatures are and that they don't include the actual souls of the people they were, just memories. Or something like that. :D

Absolutely. And I loved BN: Batman too. All of this tragedy that Dick and Damien are going through and now they have to deal with zombie parents/grandparents?! Crazy.

I loved Blackest Night #2 even though I'm not familiar with some of the characters.

Absolutely. And I loved BN: Batman too. All of this tragedy that Dick and Damien are going through and now they have to deal with zombie parents/grandparents?! Crazy.

Yes. It is a great take on the whole zombie thing. And I loved the interaction between Deadman and Damien.

I loved Blackest Night #2 even though I'm not familiar with some of the characters.

Me too. Same thing. I don't think I even own a comic with Aqualad in it. Well, except BN now.

So, the big bad guy has been revealed. As many suggested, it's
Nekron

Link to the revealing cover. It's a pretty cool design. See, this is why I'm holding out hope for the book. The character just seems so cosmic in a sort of old school Kirby way, one of those characters that's not so much "evil super villain" as "personification of concept".

Last edited:
So, the big bad guy has been revealed. As many suggested, it's
Nekron

Link to the revealing cover. It's a pretty cool design. See, this is why I'm holding out hope for the book. The character just seems so cosmic in a sort of old school Kirby way, one of those characters that's not so much "evil super villain" as "personification of concept".

Agreed. I always liked
Necron.

Nekron! And he has a Black Lantern scythe! Awesome!

Any significance to those heroes on the cover? I noticed that many of them have died and come back (has Wonder Woman though?). Are these the ones Nekron is specifically targeting?

Nekron! And he has a Black Lantern scythe! Awesome!

Any significance to those heroes on the cover? I noticed that many of them have died and come back (has Wonder Woman though?). Are these the ones Nekron is specifically targeting?

Yeah. It looks to me like those are all characters who died and came back. I'm not sure about Wonder Woman. I know her mom died and came back, but I don't know about Diana. Maybe someone who better knows the character can clarify. I believe all of them (except, again, WW, who I'm not sure on) returned after the death and resurrection of Superman as well. I'm wagering that's supposed to be the pivot point for the doors of death reopening.

Last edited:
Yeah, she has before, not too sure when.

Was wondering why Ice was on that cover.

She has died and came back.

Diana died in a tragic battle with the demon, Neron (Wonder Woman #125) but was granted divinity as the Goddess of Truth.

I don't know much about Wonder Woman so I'm not sure if this is in continuity or not. Judging from the cover, it very well may be.

Last edited:
So, after reading it a second time, I liked this issue more.

It's still not the cat's pajamas, but it's an enjoyable read. I think it just has a hard time matching up to a lot of the other books that came out at the same time. This was a good week for comics.

Holy crap.

I just realized that I misread Zombi's spoiler post, and the BLC are led by
Nekron,
not Neron.

This is so much cooler.

I enjoyed Superman: Blackest Night.

Same here.

Psycological horror is always better then physical horror. And while physical horror is expected in this (essentially a cosmic zombie apocalypse) I'm glad they opted for having BL Superman kill off innocents offscreen. Just much more scarier.

Preview of Green Lantern #45:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/101/1017476p1.html

OH ****.

(All Blackest Night stuff goes here even though there's a Green Lantern thread? Just checking.)

Yeah, "Blackest Night" is pretty much going to be in almost every DC title before it's done.

I really, really hope they don't get the idea to do a "Blackest Night vs. Marvel Zombies" crossover. That's just going to be a nightmare to catalog in the First Appearance thread.

Yeah, "Blackest Night" is pretty much going to be in almost every DC title before it's done.

You misunderstood him. He was asking if all Blackest Night discussion was going to go in this thread.

And it's definitely not going to be in every title.

You misunderstood him. He was asking if all Blackest Night discussion was going to go in this thread.

And it's definitely not going to be in every title.

Not everyone but a numberless titles will be apart of this.

Blackest Night
Green Lantern
Batman
Superman
Superman/Batman
Teen Titan
The Outsiders
Solomon Grundy
Adventure Comics
Booster Gold
Doom Patrol
Justice League Of America
R.E.B.E.L.S.

Not everyone but a numberless titles will be apart of this.

Blackest Night
Green Lantern
Batman
Superman
Superman/Batman
Teen Titan
The Outsiders
Solomon Grundy
Adventure Comics
Booster Gold
Doom Patrol
Justice League Of America
R.E.B.E.L.S.

:D Oh watcher! Just because you can't count to 13 doesn't mean it's not a real number!

The way it appears they're doing the crossover seems clever to me. Issue one of BN sets up the event. You have three minis that focus on central DCU characters that go alongside 2-4. Then in 5, you have a revelation of the main villain and one shots contained in ongoing titles. Then for the last three months, you have another series of minis that will presumably tie in to the issue 5 game changer.

I think the nature of the event makes crossover more interesting than it would normally be. The high concept is just "friends back from the dead", so the individual writers get a lot of wiggle room in terms of being able to tell stories that focus on their characters without worrying about tying too tightly in with the event itself.

Latest posts

Back