Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

Something interesting and probably very relevant to the plot of Blackest Night happened in Blackest Night: Titans...

We see the graves of Hawk and Dove again, due to Don Hall (The original Dove) being at peace, the Black Rings are incapable of catching them... When the current Hawk and Dove are confronted by Hank Hall (original Hawk), Hawk is registered in the spectrum as Rage.

Dove is glowing white. And unidentifiable to the Black Ring.

This seems just as important as Superman showing signs of every corner of the Spectrum in Blackest Night: Superman

The person who wields all of the current rings is prophesied to wield the white ring.

Currently, Hal has wielded green, yellow, red, blue and orange. I don't know of anyone else close to that, other than maybe Sinestro, who has wielded the green and yellow.

Seen this: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/27/what-in-the-world-is-up-with-adventure-comics-4/

I understand that DC reps have told certain stores that the publisher believes that retailers will need to have many more copies of this comic on hand for when it ships.

While the solicitations indicate it's all about the return of
Superboy Prime
to the DC Universe, internally DC are referring to the title as Blackest Night 5 1/2 – as much a part of the central Blackest Night storyline as Superman Beyond 3D was to Final Crisis – or more.

Put it on your pull list now. Although DC hope there will be plenty of copies to go around…

Curious...

Can someone pm me a link to a torrent for issue 3 cause we do not get these books til the next wednesday they are released :(

So it seems like everyone was right about the White Light of creation.

And finally some awesome Indigo Tribe action.

And the death scene of Gehenna was really really ****ed.

So it seems like everyone was right about the White Light of creation.

And finally some awesome Indigo Tribe action.

And the death scene of Gehenna was really really ****ed.

Even though Hal being a White Lantern is incredibly predictable, I do like that he has been chosen because he is connected with all of the other leaders rather than because he's used most of the rings. This ties it back into emotion which is good.

Was it just me or did this issue feel packed? It seemed very long and had a lot of story in it. Maybe it's just because the story has progressed or I'm tired or something.

Ivan Reis is a fantastic artist.

Was it just me or did this issue feel packed? It seemed very long and had a lot of story in it. Maybe it's just because the story has progressed or I'm tired or something.

I kinda felt like it was predictable.

They battle the Dead Justice League, get saved by a Dues Ex Machina, then they met up in the Watchtower, get the lowdown, the Dead JL shows up once more, another death done in a way to SHOCK us, then the Dues Ex Machina moves the story ahead against the will of the hero.

End with fight scene.

Didn't impress me as much as the tie ins have.

I kinda felt like it was predictable.

They battle the Dead Justice League, get saved by a Dues Ex Machina, then they met up in the Watchtower, get the lowdown, the Dead JL shows up once more, another death done in a way to SHOCK us, then the Dues Ex Machina moves the story ahead against the will of the hero.

End with fight scene.

Didn't impress me as much as the tie ins have.

Deus Ex Machina! Not Dues Ex Machina!

And I think I really need to know the proper definition of a shock death in order to continue discussing it because it seems to come up every time someone dies in comics and I'm wondering if there's any other type of death.

I thought this was AWESOME!!! We finally learned some background. The indigo's are great and kick a**!!! I can't wait to read it again tonight! And I am extra psyched for next issue.

Why would it be predictable that an event that started in Green Lantern and is very "Green Lantern" centric is going to be resolved by Green Lantern?

Seems obvious to me that Johns would think of some way for Hal to save the day. That is what happens in comics. Superman always finds a way to win. Batman always finds a way to win. And Green Lantern always finds a way to win. If that is predictable then every superhero comic is predictable.

I can't wait to see the White Lantern.

Even though Hal being a White Lantern is incredibly predictable, I do like that he has been chosen because he is connected with all of the other leaders rather than because he's used most of the rings. This ties it back into emotion which is good.

I really want it to be Sonestro, but I can't see any story that gets him a blue or indigo ring. The rest are easy.

And I've got to say, Johns is doing a damn good job of slaughtering characters I care about in this. First the Hawks, then Ghenna, and Tomasi is toying with me some good over in GLC with Bzzd and Jade.

God help me when we get to the JSA mini and Black Lantern Extant comes for Al Pratt.

Oohhhh.... I wonder where Mordru is during all this? Probably buried somewhere.

For those who wanted to see more War Of Light stuff needs to read the new Green Lantern issue.

It was madness.

Sinestro vs Mongul :rockon:

I think that the rest of the GL issue might involve them travelling and collecting the rest of the corps members, as in Atrictious, Larfleeze, and Saint Walker.

Latest posts

Back