Avengers Captain America: Reborn (Brubaker/Hitch) MAJOR SPOILERS

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Rumour has it that Ed Brubaker's secret project is a 5 issue mini series called Reborn drawn by Bryan Hitch, inked by Butch Guice and covers by John Cassaday.

It is probably the source behind those recent star teasers in Marvel Comics and may involve the return of Captain America...

Last edited:
Re: Reborn

I was talking with a friend about the teasers last week at the comic shop and his theory was that if Steve Rogers returns as Captain America, that Bucky would take up the Nomad mantle.

I don't know much about them, so I don't know whether people would like that or not.

I was talking with a friend about the teasers last week at the comic shop and his theory was that if Steve Rogers returns as Captain America, that Bucky would take up the Nomad mantle.

I don't know much about them, so I don't know whether people would like that or not.

I don't see why anyone would care about a character named Nomad. Nothing against Bucky but I hate that Nomad name, I'd rather he go back to the Winter Soldier moniker.

It's way too soon to bring Cap back. There's so much left you can do with Bucky

I think the July 09 teasers have more to do with Captain America $601, which will have art by Gene Colan, and be a flash-back tale about Cap in WW2.

Reborn (Brubaker/Hitch) MAJOR SPOILERS

I know this was what was rumored/expected, but today's LitG says Wizard will confirm it

I'm told that the upcoming August edition of Diamond Comics' "Previews" solicits an upcoming issue of "Wizard" that makes it clear that the teased "Reborn" book from Marvel by Brubaker and Hitch is, indeed, The Return Of Captain America.

Unless this is Wizard just making it up based on supposition, marketing misdirection and general tomfoolery on Marvel's part.

Let's see how many copies the Wizard retail outlet orders!

Although shouldn't it say "The Return of Steve Rogers"?

I'm disappointed because I like Bucky as Cap, but I know enough at this point to trust whatever Bru does on this book.

Re: Reborn (Brubaker/Hitch) MAJOR SPOILERS

I know this was what was rumored/expected, but today's LitG says Wizard will confirm it

Although shouldn't it say "The Return of Steve Rogers"?

I'm disappointed because I like Bucky as Cap, but I know enough at this point to trust whatever Bru does on this book.

I'd take that news with a grain of salt, as I do with everything from LitG

What was the point of killing him? Seriously.

No one in comics dies....they just take vacations.

1245169191.jpg

On sale in July, this issue begins a five-part series that sees Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, return from the grave after being assassinated two years ago in "Captain America" #25. "Captain America: Reborn" is written by Ed Brubaker with art by Hitch & Butch Guice and covers by HItch, Alex Ross and John Cassaday.

The Bucky Cap uniform is, like, 5 billion times better than the old one. :(

Latest posts

Back