Captain America Returns with Alex Ross.

I thought it was emotional because he was just shot down meaning even an icon can die. I loved it , any other way wouldn't of been as good for me

Personally, it seems to me more people are just pissed off that they didn't feel anything. It's just like THE SOPRANOS finale. An intellectual pay-off is never as powerful as an emotional one.

Sums it up right there perfectly

This news was underwhelming, to say the least. I actually went to Marvel's site at school, so it was even more disappointing than it would've been at home. :roll:

I'm excited about everything but the suit.

Which I would be okay with if not for the shininess.

It's Ross, everything he does includes shinies somewhere. I like that the earholes are gone. And since it isn't Rogers under that mask, then it's fine that hes using a gun and a knife. Don't forget, old era Cap always used guns. And look how badass Ultimate Cap is, using guns. I think you guys are going alittle overboard with the criticisms here.

Always remember, this is ten times better than the Punisher Cap outfit that we got to see a few short months ago.

It's Ross, everything he does includes shinies somewhere. I like that the earholes are gone. And since it isn't Rogers under that mask, then it's fine that hes using a gun and a knife. Don't forget, old era Cap always used guns. And look how badass Ultimate Cap is, using guns. I think you guys are going alittle overboard with the criticisms here.

Always remember, this is ten times better than the Punisher Cap outfit that we got to see a few short months ago.

I still want my red, white and blue Iron Man w/ shield.

I don't mind that he uses guns, its just that him holding a hand gun makes him look less threating, it feel puny and I can't picture him using it often without looking stupid, I think its a balance issue, the shield is big and makes the gun look smaller by comparison. I liked Ult Cap using a rifle from time to time cause it looks right and adds to his look, I just think a small hand gun takes away from that.
good point, I'm sure only Ross will be having the shininess but the rest of the design I hate mainly due to small things, the overall idea is okay but the end result doesnt sit with me

I totally agree. I don't see the big fuss about the gun and knife. Sure, Cap doesn't need them to kick your ***, but they seem practical. Plus, a gun and knife might lend to more swashbuckling which could be cool.

I don't think the costume is particularly good, but then, I think Hitch's Ultimate Captain America costume is the best one. Much like his Ultimate Thor design, I think they're absolutely perfect.

Cap with a gun looks totally wrong in every way.

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if they decided that Earth X was canon?

It was indeed my point.

Just as people lamented the decision to replace Allen and Jordan, people will lament this until, eventually, the bring back Steve Rogers, but like Allen or Jordan, it'll be when the title is flagging.

I'm not so upset that they killed off Rogers at all. I'm just pissed off it was such a lame-*** death. I thought his death in PARADISE X was much, much better. The "in-continuity" death was - it felt like, to me, that if this had been written a year ago, Cap would've survived. It doesn't feel to me that he died from an assassin's bullet, but rather from an editorial decision.

He didn't die from the assassin's bullet, he died from the 3 shots to the gut from Sharon Carter.

I like the costume. The gun totally throws the whole thing off. It's really small. But 616 Captain America shouldn't have a gun. A hunting knife I can see, but I do trust Brubaker.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Bucky being Cap. I would rather it be a new character.

Last edited:
Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if they decided that Earth X was canon?

Wouldn't it be more awsome if Eddie Brock was Venom again:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He didn't die from the assassin's bullet, he died from the 3 shots to the gut from Sharon Carter.

I don't think everyone forgets it rather just not always go into detail, an assassin shot him while in handcuff that's what we're really talking about

Yeah. I honestly forgot it was three bullets. I just remember that Steve Rogers, the living legend of Marvel's WWII, dies by being shot in the gut while walking up some stairs after having been arrested.

I dunno. Steve Rogers just never struck me as Lee Harvey Oswald.

Latest posts

Back