Captain America Vol. 5 by Ed Brubaker discussion (SPOILERS!)

Re: Captain America series discussion (SPOILERS!)

I just kinda had an epiphany while on my way home from class. What if it wasn't Cap, the scene in Civil War #7 of Punisher holding Cap's mask kinda struck me as odd. What if they switched? What if Frank took Cap's place so Cap could go underground?

Just me talking out of my ***.

I just kinda had an epiphany while on my way home from class. What if it wasn't Cap, the scene in Civil War #7 of Punisher holding Cap's mask kinda struck me as odd. What if they switched? What if Frank took Cap's place so Cap could go underground?

Just me talking out of my ***.

that woul d be cool but i think it really hit cap hard if he was crying at the end of cw. I think he really did give up and if what you say would happen, many people would see it as a copout.

that woul d be cool but i think it really hit cap hard if he was crying at the end of cw. I think he really did give up and if what you say would happen, many people would see it as a copout.

Yeah, I personally feel this ending really hits home with current events.

I'm still wondering who was on the other end of this, though.

Yeah, I personally feel this ending really hits home with current events.

I'm still wondering who was on the other end of this, though.

I think with out a doubt in my mind, red skull. He got sniped in the first issue of the series. Then he came back. I'm sure this isn't the last of cap. he may be only gone for a couple of arcs and i hate quesada menioning that he tells his writers to make a death meaningful. Yeah, because they showed so much respect to captain marvel. I swear if dc revives dibny im gonna cry.

From spoilers that have come out
he did survive. Apparently it is being kept secret he's alive. He's on The Raft and the Pro-Reggers are trying to keep him alive. This is per Ms Marvel in the first issue of The Initiative.

Just saw this on MSN.

What a load of ****. Like he would really die. :roll:

Crap.

%70 of the marvel universe has been killed at least once.and they always returned, steve rogers will surely return too.

I remember spider-man making lame jokes about how those villains keep coming back, eventhough they have been killed for at least 9 times.
I miss those days when starcynzki wrote spidey, and romita jr. has drawn.

i'll say it as well, utter crap - david morrell has penned the captain america: the end series which is coming out later this year which will be 'the end of captain america' :roll:

intersting enough though, mr M told me that the artist has been very late putting the pages on this series - sounds like a hitch or cassady job to me lol (unless anyone can confirm who the artist is on this series?)

I think, as long as Ed Brubaker is on Captain America, Rogers won't be coming back. Brubaker's too damn good of a storyteller to do something like that.

My bet's on Bucky taking over the mantle.

Bru did say in Wizard that Falcon, Winter Soldier and Fury were going to play some roles.

Bru did say in Wizard that Falcon, Winter Soldier and Fury were going to play some roles.

hm.... What if the Captain America series becomes a rotating ensemble book about characters trying to live in the shadows of Steve Rogers and keep alive the dream? That could be very cool.

hm.... What if the Captain America series becomes a rotating ensemble book about characters trying to live in the shadows of Steve Rogers and keep alive the dream? That could be very cool.
It was said in Wizard that would be happening in Punisher Warjournal, since
Punisher took the mask in Civil War #7.

This is what I hate most about the comic book industry, they have no respect for death, I'm dieing has become such a common thing it has no meaning. Instead of jumping to death and having to come up with a half assed way to bring them back they just shouldnt kill people at all. I think they should have Cap be in critical condition and on life support instead of just kill and "oh he has a movie coming quick bring him back". Whats wrong with just doing that?

I have no idea if he's dead, or if he's alive, or if he's in hiding, or if he's the new Batman, if he's homosexual, if he's a woman, if he's Iron Man... is Steve Rogers dead? Or is Captain America dead? Or are they both dead?

I have no idea what's going on, so I'm just going to wait until I read the issue to see what's happening.

I have the issue....I'll read it later.

But with the right person writing, the idea that others take up the mantle to fill in for Cap could be entertaining.

Seeing others go thru the trials and tribulations, see their mannerisms and attitude change just by putting on the costume.

Everything could be feasible....and actually good.......if it is done properly.

Jeph Loeb said:
And Brubaker covers a great deal of this in Cap #26. Acceptance, not only because it is the final issue,

WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!

This is bull****. Captain America was one of the best comics Marvel had. I hate Civil War and all of this ****.

Latest posts

Back