Captain America Vol. 5 by Ed Brubaker discussion (SPOILERS!)

Re: Captain America series discussion (SPOILERS!)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I can't wait to see how Brubaker handles Bucky/Fury running into Daredevil.

Winter Soldier.......Fury.......Daredevil...........Brubaker. Add it all up and you get a :rockon: !!!!

Victor Von Doom said:
Winter Soldier.......Fury.......Daredevil...........Brubaker. Add it all up and you get a :rockon: !!!!
I think you got your math wrong, I believe once you add those four variables you get a :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:!!!!!

Random said:
I think you got your math wrong, I believe once you add those four variables you get a :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:!!!!!

My bad. I forgot to carry the 7.

I haven't (or have ever) read the CA series but if I picked it for CW would I understand the basic story?

Because I read the summary on Marvel.com and I didn't recognize many of the characters mentioned for the upcoming issues.

Anyone??? I don't want to feel lost.

Or should I just go to Wikipedia and read about whats been going on???

Last edited:

the-m-11 said:
I haven't (or have ever) read the CA series but if I picked it for CW would I understand the basic story?

Because I read the summary on Marvel.com and I didn't recognize many of the characters mentioned for the upcoming issues.

Anyone??? I don't want to feel lost.

Or should I just go to Wikipedia and read about whats been going on???
Wikipedia is your friend

Captain America is better than Civil War.

ProjectX2 said:
Captain America is better than Civil War.
I can't agree. Both are good but because Marvel is doing insanely awesome with tie-ins Civil War is very good. I love how the last issue tied in with Lukin's comments though. Can't wait for the official CW tie ins. Sharon Carter's perspective should be interesting.

I'm definitely going to pick up Brubaker's run in trades, when I get the money.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'm definitely going to pick up Brubaker's run in trades, when I get the money.

I second that. Sounds like good stuff, but my pull list is pretty financially limited.

I have the issue but haven't read it yet.

I don't normally do issue summaries, but here goes:

The majority of the issue is Sharon Carter talking a SHIELD therapist. She explains how she talked to Hill about the Civil War incident (specifically the Captain America escape part) and how she does not trust what is going on.

She talks to Dum Dum Dugan who was attacked by Cap.

Later on, she meets with Cap secretly and they talk for a while. Because she loves Cap, she leads a team of SHIELD agents to a different area.

Carter is explaining all of this to the therapist, who says he'll determine if she's still allowed to be an operable agent.

The last scene shows the therapist meeting with Red Skull in a cemetary, and it is revealaed a man named Faustus was using an image inducer to gain access to SHIELD. Red Skull mentions something about how Carter is in love with Cap because he made her be.

I think I've forgotten some stuff, but it wasn't particularly a good issue. The art seemed off in some panels, and I'd rather see more on the Bucky/Fury story.

I don't normally do issue summaries, but here goes:

The majority of the issue is Sharon Carter talking a SHIELD therapist. She explains how she talked to Hill about the Civil War incident (specifically the Captain America escape part) and how she does not trust what is going on.

She talks to Dum Dum Dugan who was attacked by Cap.

Later on, she meets with Cap secretly and they talk for a while. Because she loves Cap, she leads a team of SHIELD agents to a different area.

Carter is explaining all of this to the therapist, who says he'll determine if she's still allowed to be an operable agent.

The last scene shows the therapist meeting with Red Skull in a cemetary, and it is revealaed a man named Faustus was using an image inducer to gain access to SHIELD. Red Skull mentions something about how Carter is in love with Cap because he made her be.

I think I've forgotten some stuff, but it wasn't particularly a good issue. The art seemed off in some panels, and I'd rather see more on the Bucky/Fury story.
That does seem rather below par. I'm looking forward to reading it myself but I was expecting more.

Is this the first Civil War story that has Villains taken advantage of the situation?

Latest posts

Back