Never said he should, buy yeah, you're hilarious.
The massacre was a bit too much though, specially considering the few times it was mentioned after it happened no one referred to it in this hole omg-it-really-was-terrifyingly-bad tone.

okay, i get what you're saying. I wasn't trying to put you down with my sarcasm, I just like being sarcastic. Again, sorry if i offended you.

well, it pretty much was a massacre anyway

That was my point. I don't remember the references to it after the case that vmenge was talking about, but Maximum Carnage was about Carnage, Shriek, Doppelganger, Demogoblin, and Carion going on a murderous rampage in New York City.

True, I just thought it was weird because it has never been referred to in such an ominous tone before :wink:

yeah that was neat

you know what I thought was pretty awesome though?

she-carnage using the symbiote to form membrane like wings and flying away, sounds rediculous but the way Craine depicted it made it awesome

It's over. I don't know how I feel about the new symbiote. (How many is that now?)

But I like that Cletus is back, and it was a pretty cool story over all.

okay... not a fan of the character in general, but LOVING the new design.

Same here. (Based on the preview page. Not read the comic.)

Kaine/Tarantula

... He's still around?! Do Howard Mackie and Bob Harras have some kind of eternal control over Spider-Man? Hasn't it been made quite clear that the clone saga and that entire era is the worst Spider-Man has ever been? Worse than ONE MORE DAY? Why do people keep trying to go back and fix it? Let it die! Even ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN tried to fix it and it was still rubbish. I... I just cannot fathom the logic behind reusing these characters. The clone saga so thoroughly destroy Spidey that it took something like 3 or 4 years and the debut of J Michael Straczynski, who was a big deal as the creator of BABYLON 5, doing for the first time a major superhero, with John Romita Jr to get him out of the funk. Why on Earth would you go back to such a poisonous well?

Last edited:
Kaine/Tarantula

... He's still around?! Do Howard Mackie and Bob Harras have some kind of eternal control over Spider-Man? Hasn't it been made quite clear that the clone saga and that entire era is the worst Spider-Man has ever been? Worse than ONE MORE DAY? Why do people keep trying to go back and fix it? Let it die! Even ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN tried to fix it and it was still rubbish. I... I just cannot fathom the logic behind reusing these characters. The clone saga so thoroughly destroy Spidey that it took something like 3 or 4 years and the debut of J Michael Straczynski, who was a big deal as the creator of BABYLON 5, doing for the first time a major superhero, with John Romita Jr to get him out of the funk. Why on Earth would you go back to such a poisonous well?

to be fair, that was speculation on my part that turned out to be wrong.
But Kaine is still around, but hadn't been used for years. THey brought him back in the pages of ASM in the past year or so and used him pretty well in my opinion. He was involved in the Grim Hunt Storyline, which was a sequel to Kraven's Last Hunt and was really good.

also:
Zeb Wells:
Cletus [Kasady] was ripped in half and I think it would be a cheat to say he's survived months in space," Wells says. "I was never a big fan of Cletus anyway, and Clayton had a great take on a new host for the symbiote.

talk about misdirection/straight up lying.

Last edited:
So Carnage U.S.A. sounds interesting

I'm calling this right now though "Symbiote Squad Six" with Venom, Anti-Venom, Scorn, Scream, Toxin, and Hybrid

the solits have been hinting at it pretty hard, and Toxin's gonna show up in Venom soon (yay, I actually DID like Toxin dawgz)

Gemini said:
So Carnage U.S.A. sounds interesting

It is, actually.

And the team is a lot more interesting than the guys in your idea (no offense).

The idea of a symboite adapting itself to merge with machinery is a neat one. I like that each of them have an ability like that, and it's not just a bunch of differently colored Carnages like that awful Venom: Lethal Protector mini from the 90s.

Clayton Crane knows how to tell a good Carnage story. Apparently the end of this mini is going to lead up to a Symbiote/Spider-Man event this summer.

Latest posts

Back