Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
Ice said:
Patriot. Can't you tell by the last panel? Bald head and eye mask.

And he's bulletproof again.

And that's the fake DD, right? So why's he hangin' out freely in his DD Pjs with the other heroes like he's their best friend, Matt Murdock?

And I wasn't a fan of the "talk" the heroes had. Tony and Cap seem to have rushed to opposing sides real quickly. That seemed rushed.

The Watcher was the **** though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And he's bulletproof again.

And that's the fake DD, right? So why's he hangin' out freely in his DD Pjs with the other heroes like he's their best friend, Matt Murdock?

And I wasn't a fan of the "talk" the heroes had. Tony and Cap seem to have rushed to opposing sides real quickly. That seemed rushed.

The Watcher was the **** though.

Well... SHIELD was trying to take him down, so I agree with Cap...
Tony just sucks...
I would love to see a Hero turned into a bad guy because of all this mess.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I would love to see a Hero turned into a bad guy because of all this mess.
Me, too! I think we may get it, too. And something will go down with the villains, too, so I can't wait to see what goes on with them.

TheManWithoutFear said:
...except for one.... :( Wtf's that all about? :x

Matt Murdock is in jail, someone is pretending to be Daredevil... hence the different personality...

Daredevil screwing around with that coin suggests it's Bullseye, lotta possibility in that. The Watcher scene was excellent. Captain America needs a wheelbarrow to haul his nuts around in. Looks good, but I want someone to tell me who in the heck is supposed to train and license a super hero. Further more register them to do what. okay SPider man you are not auhtorized to engage the Hobgoblin due to lack of training. What a crock of BS. Now all of the sudden the big money people are on the side of the gov and the street level heroes are the rebels. What a joke. Are they supposed to become a donut eating backup brigade whenever the street cop stumbles on to something. This whole thing stinks to high heaven of someones political ideology. NPR, New York times, ABC news, these are generally liberal tilted forums all touting the quality of the comic book industry. What the heck about Planet Hulk or Annihilation. Political correctness has absolutely no place in comics, at all, nada, nil. Marvel is writing itself into a corner with this one and as a shareholder I think it's one of the worst moves Joe Q. has ever pulled. The only hope is Mephisto or some other entity pulling the strings. Otherwise we are going to get a Captain America in chains in front of congress with a tear jerking speech about fallen heroes and sacrfices.

Damnit why didn't i pick up my subscriptions on my lunch break? Was it really that good? As for the rushing, you had to se tony was going to side with the gov't. The guy is a businessman, and businessmen look toward future trends. As for Cap, He's gonna do what he thinks is right. He understands what people like spiderman or DD would go through if their info went public. Also if you've read Watchmen you'd know exactly what is going on.

By the way Captain America already has a Champion License from the government. Which gives him the right assemble a team for whatever mission he wishes. Whether SHIELD likes it or not. If he was the tactician he is supposed to be he would assemble all those jokers and make his team known and the pro-registration folks on capitol hill could all go piss up a rope.

So am I the only one who wasn't floored by this?

I mean it was alright. The art was good. The parts with Cap against SHIELD were very good...but that's about it. It was OK.

The whole premise is still pretty dull to me. Now, I do like the idea that one person is behind it and maybe has been behind EVERYTHING lately. Not Mephisto though. That is way to Infinity-ish for my tastes.

What I do really like (besides the art) - the quality of the book is high. This feels like an epic thanks to the packaging - the cover design, logo, etc. Beautiful packaging.

So yeah. Decent. Hopefully it gets exciting.

J. Agamemnon said:
Wait...what? Could you explain this to me? What's is this champ license. Is it anything like a boxing license?

This was established in New Avengers...basically it's just like was said. Cap has the authority to assemble any team he sees fit for any reason he sees fit. it's called a Champion license.

J. Agamemnon said:
i see so then it would make sense to assemble a team because this is mostly a political issue.

Seems like it. I think once they tried to tranquilize him it became more than just a political issue.

selfproclaimed said:
all it takes is for a bit of a push from the media and BAM....you got youself an entire country afraid. think back to ww2...japanese people who had been in the country for generations were persecuted because of pearl harbor and place into internment camps or mccarthyism and the fear of communisim among figures in hollywood who people loved before it was mentioned that they might be commies....the public's fear can be manipulated very easily
But there werent that many Japanese that were nationally known for saving the world. Besides it was a super villain who cause the massacre during an apprehension, just because a hero carries a badge and is a little more trained doesnt mean it wont happen again. I'm just saying from the sounbds of things its just too extreme

E said:
Seems like it. I think once they tried to tranquilize him it became more than just a political issue.
I think his licience flew out the window when that happen. And it was with the Champion Licience that Cap assembled the New Avengers

Random said:
I think his licience flew out the window when that happen. And it was with the Champion Licience that Cap assembled the New Avengers

Was that supposed to be government issued or SHIELD issued?

Latest posts

Back