Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
Eh, im ok with Waiting at least the others didnt get delayed.

wow what a pair

millar has chrons disease, and mcniven get's strep throat

these are pretty good excuses for books being late, i don't understand why people are so upset about it

atleast they didn't dump another 12 tie-ins on us to make up for it

Well, I'd say its because you'd think a company would do the appropriate amount of lead in time to eliminate lateness factors. If you're got a writer with known health problems and an admittedly slow artist then maybe, just maybe, they'll need more time than 7 months for 7 issues. Its not "you bastards work sick!" its "why didn't they plan for this properly?".

When? When Peter registered. To quit? Nope. The only thing that truly goes against the registration act is that it does not offer choice. To drive, you need a license. You don't have to get a license, but if you drive without one and get caught, there will be consequences. The same thing should apply here, but it doesn't. That whole Nitro and New Warriors event fell victim to what happens when just about any event like this turns political. People forget who the real villains are and what the real tragedy is.

Ok, but even if you HAVE a drivers license, you´re not obligated to drive. Peters identity is known, and SHIELD have him in the database. As long as he doesn´t do anything heroish, he shouldnt be imprisoned. Of course, the first thing he does is run away and joins the resitance, so thats a different matter. It´s just that the common reaction to everything in this comics seems to be to punch an old friend in the face. Not my cup of tea.

That would be so much cooler with a picture.

I'm hoping that this just means Spider-Man gets the powers of Loki somehow. Because the alternative makes no sense.

That would be so much cooler with a picture.

I'm hoping that this just means Spider-Man gets the powers of Loki somehow. Because the alternative makes no sense.

What if it was Loki in the background playing with a Spider-man marionette?

... Are you ****ing kidding me?!

Loki?!

You realize that's how they're going to make everything go back to the point where Iron Man is a likable super-hero... He'll have been manipulated by Loki.

At the beginning, didn't I state that the heroes were being played?

And none of you wanted to believe me.

This Civil War is eeringly similar to Ultimates 2 now.

While I would love to see the return of Loki (the fanboy in me is dying for a Loki/Ares throwdown)........if this is true---it just seems forced.

It's like Millar started writing the story and actually had a huge idea of what he wanted to do with it and then realized that he's not gonna be able to wrap this up in 2 issues and decided to opt for the DEM ending.

At the beginning, didn't I state that the heroes were being played?

And none of you wanted to believe me.

This Civil War is eeringly similar to Ultimates 2 now.

I had always thought they were being played, too.

But I never would have guessed by Loki.

Hopefully we're all wrong, because that would suck.

IF Loki is behind all Civil War (which I doubt but I think he is involved in the Spider-Man Unmasked Saga) it will destroy everything that makes Civil War a good story and great impact on the Marvel Universe. The Status Quo will be restored to almost the ordinary afterwards in the sense that the political aspect won't be there anymore.

In my opinion, if Loki is behind all this than the Civil War story will be the worst major event that Marvel has published in the last 10 years.

Why does it have to go back to the way it was? So what if Loki manipulated him? Satan (or whoever/whatever) brings temptations to our lives everyday and makes us act out of character but once we do those things, the consequences remain with us forever. I think too many people are looking at it like everything can be undone. It doesn't necessarily have to be Loki pulling Tony's strings but rather putting all of the pieces in place.

Last edited:
It removes the fact that they people that are involved in Civil War are uterly responsible for their actions. Even if it is so that Loki put all the pieces into place for Tony he can still get away with what he have done by blaming Loki and if he can do that then his story in civil War can easily be retconned. And if I know Marvel right then everything than CAN be retconned WILL somehow, totally or just details, be retconned.

Also the political message that the heroes isn't just a onetracked majority that can pull anything together, like in some freaking afterschool special, if they just work together but actually have different political views in MAJOR events will be completely erased.

I put Tony as an example but the same goes for all the major players in Civil War.

Latest posts

Back