Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters

There has to be something more going on with Clor.

My roommate just read all the CW's tonight, and he made a good point. How the **** do you clone a GOD?!?!? Unless you also bring back Asgard, how would he get his power?

Maybe Reed accidentally brought back the Norse gods in their entirety...?

There has to be something more going on with Clor.

My roommate just read all the CW's tonight, and he made a good point. How the **** do you clone a GOD?!?!? Unless you also bring back Asgard, how would he get his power?

I hope you're right, but I don't have much faith that it is.

Actually I think that Reed cloned the human manifestation of Thor and Clor's powers is based on technology not from the genetic compound so I guess that the powers couldn't be cloned.

No. It was in the scene where Reed was working on Clor on the table. I'm pretty sure they explained that the Hammer was fake and only mimicked his powers.
Then what was the scene in the FF "Road to Civil War" about? Clor beats his way past a bunch of guys who are trying to lift the hammer, grabs the hammer and is consumed in a blaze of light.

Unless they bring back the "real" Thor, which probably won't happen because I'm pretty sure Quesada said he was going to make the new Thor series with Clor. It's implied that Thor essence or spirit will return to the body of the clone and be pissed that they tried to bring him back.

Then what was the scene in the FF "Road to Civil War" about? Clor beats his way past a bunch of guys who are trying to lift the hammer, grabs the hammer and is consumed in a blaze of light.

Unless they bring back the "real" Thor, which probably won't happen because I'm pretty sure Quesada said he was going to make the new Thor series with Clor. It's implied that Thor essence or spirit will return to the body of the clone and be pissed that they tried to bring him back.

I think that was the real Thor, since Clor's Hammer is made by Reed, it's not magical.

Clor and Thor different people

Quesada said JMS is writing a new series with THOR

Clor will be in it, but as a villian

Why do we have this discussion every few pages

Last edited:

I'm not about to try and read through 54 pages of posts to verify much of anything.

Come on, this is almost as bad as Xorneto. People are bound to get confused.

I'm waiting for Clor to be inhabited by Loki, so Thor can have a nemisis.

Also, then we can rant about how Marvel learned nothing from New X-Men.

Last edited:
No. It was in the scene where Reed was working on Clor on the table. I'm pretty sure they explained that the Hammer was fake and only mimicked his powers.

False.

Reed doesn't have a single line in that scene, its just dialogue between Peter and Hank about the moral consequences of a fake thor killing Goliath.

The only thing indicating the hammer is fake is a background TV showing wires coming out of the hammer, which doesn't prove that its fake or real. And even if the hammer is fake, Clor could still have godly powers aside from the hammer.

No. And I don't even have the issue at hand but I'll bet my life he says something to that affect.

I will take that bet. For the record, your position is:
This never happens. Refer to my last post, then read the issue. I'm right.

I think you are confused with CW 5. In CW 5 Reed has exactly one line, in which he says that he
R.R. said:
spliced thor's DNA with Hank Pym's cyber-tech

Your life is mine. I'll accept payment via paypal, or carefully concealed in an envelope.

False.

Reed doesn't have a single line in that scene, its just dialogue between Peter and Hank about the moral consequences of a fake thor killing Goliath.

The only thing indicating the hammer is fake is a background TV showing wires coming out of the hammer, which doesn't prove that its fake or real. And even if the hammer is fake, Clor could still have godly powers aside from the hammer.

True, there's no dialogue about it, but it's clearly seen that the hammer works by elecronics, so I can see no way that it could be Thor's real hammer.

Latest posts

Back