Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
Uatu is only there as a plot device like I said. We know bad things are coming. It's dumb to use him like that. It happenes a lot. Now in 1602 and Earth X he was used perfectly. It's dumb just to have him there for the sake of foreshadowing.

thee great one said:
Uatu is only there as a plot device like I said. We know bad things are coming. It's dumb to use him like that. It happenes a lot. Now in 1602 and Earth X he was used perfectly. It's dumb just to have him there for the sake of foreshadowing.

I think it was brilliant. I could see a writer just thinking of a story scene by scene and having this part of The Watcher just standing there being in the background as a cool live action shot. I loved it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think it was brilliant. I could see a writer just thinking of a story scene by scene and having this part of The Watcher just standing there being in the background as a cool live action shot. I loved it.

That's all that matters.

Bass said:
I agree with Tog. It's not that the Watcher is involved in the story, it's that, in order to watch he feels he has to go onto Earth, into the room with all the heroes, when he can see fine from the moon. I thought this was a stupid thing.

I love the way Millar goes to another scene as soon as the Watcher arrives, because the scene would continue like this:

Wolverine: That Watcher guy only watches things that are important?
Iron Man: Yes.
Wolverine: So why aren't we asking him questions?
Iron Man: Aaaah...
Mr Fantastic: Ummm...
Wolverine: Hey, bub. What's gonna happen?
Uatu: ... You can see me?
Spider-Man: You're fifty foot tall.
Uatu: Oh. I thought you couldn't see things that big.
Mr Fantastic: What?
Uatu: Hey Reed. How's it hanging? You figured out about the Celestial seed yet?
Mr Fantastic: That's another universe, remember? We got Xorn and Bendis.
Uatu: Oh yeah. I thought I was being inconsistent.
Wolverine: Bub, can you tell us what's going to happen next?
Uatu: How about I tell you a magical tale? It begins as all good tales do... What if... Wolverine got his memory back?
Wolverine: I got it back.
Uatu: Really? How?
Wolverine: Fell into a plot hole.
Uatu: Oh. Y'know... you don't look much different. In fact, you look the same. I would've thought getting your memory back would change you a little.
Wolverine: Nope.
Uatu: Okay. What about... What if... Xorn made sense?
Iron Man: Stop wasting our time and tell us the future.
Uatu: Not if you ask like that.
Wolverine: Please?
Uatu: Wow. You really have changed. And anyhow I can't tell you anything as it may change everything, so there.
Spider-Man: What might it change?
Uatu: It might change the fact that Captain America will go rogue and Iron Man will become his opposite and it will spark a civil wa... OO!
*Spidey snickers, Wolverine gives him a high five*
Uatu: Oh! That's it! Tricking me! Well, I'm not going to help you in 15 days when Hulk returns and whoops all your asses.
*Watcher flies off to the moon, halfway there he realises*
Uatu: Dammit! ... I'm the worst Watcher ever.
*Watcher lands on the moon*
Uatu: X-51, the Machine Man. Where are you? You must tell me what I see.
X-51: My robot brain needs beer, fleshy one with oversized novelty head.
Uatu: Dammit, Ellis. I wish I was on that Earth X universe. Yeah I was blind and amoral, but at least I was relevant.
X-51: I don't know how you can open that noise tube of yours and not want to kill yourself.
Monica: X-51! Quick! We've got to blow stuff up and not suffer any repercussions!
X-51: Yes! No Civil War 616 continuity for us! We can do what we want! Beer!
Elsa: Violence!
Tabby: Explosions!
The Captain: Hookers!
All: NEXTWAVE!
*look at Uatu who's standing with them in a Nextwave pose*
Uatu: C-Can I come too? Please?

DOES NEXTWAVE LET THE WATCHER LEAVE THE OVER-HYPED CONTINUITY-RIDDEN 616 MARVEL UNIVERSE FOR THE WONDROUS NONSENSE OF NEXTWAVE MARVEL? DOES THE WATCHER THINK MORE ABOUT HOW THINGS WOULD BE BETTER IF THE EARTH X TRILOGY WAS CANON?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Post of the day.

"Mr Fantastic: That's another universe, remember? We got Xorn and Bendis."

:lol:

Well, as it is with his ultimates run, I'm sure Millar is dooing it for a reason. I wonder why he wouldn't show up for the whole Avengers: Chaos deal that went on.

Anyone else excited for Deadpool being hired by SHIELD to hunt down renegade superheroes?

This, in my opinion, is my favourite issue of a comic book this year so far. Loved every second of it - especially how Patriot showed up at the heroes meeting and how the X-Men were involved in the clean-up operation. The funeral was a great add in as well.

5/5

J. Agamemnon said:
Well, as it is with his ultimates run, I'm sure Millar is dooing it for a reason. I wonder why he wouldn't show up for the whole Avengers: Chaos deal that went on.

Because he's inconsistent. Crossovers are always inconsistent with what's happened before.

My Hebrew School teacher teaches a comics related to Jewish-stuff class, and he's loving Civil War, and he's just like me, so he basically gives me an easy A because I chat with him for 30 minutes before the class starts.

Just read the first Civil War issue. I found it very awesome. A great read.

I think this might actually be a good marvel event..

I do have a question that has been nagging me. I only recently got back into the avenger (with the beginning of New Avengers) and I have no idea who that new Goliath is. Who the heck is he?

Iron-man has two other figureheads at his side, would seem the Cap should do the same to kind of balance it out. Sucks because Iron-man, Mr. Fantastic and Yellowjacket are among my fav characters other then Spidey.

Anyone think there will be a ridiculous fight scene between the two sides?

I think "the new Goliath" is actually Black Goliath, an entirely seperate character. I don't know much about him, though.

ProjectX2 said:
I think "the new Goliath" is actually Black Goliath, an entirely seperate character. I don't know much about him, though.
Since when did it become okay to call black variations of characters Black (insert character name)? I'm pretty sure I'd be offended, if I were a minority.

Latest posts

Back