Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
compound said:
I have a question -- what is the status of PULSE (the fictional Bugle supplement, not the cancelled series itself)?

I ask this because I'm baffled why Kat Farrell is not being used as the protagonist for Frontline, since she's such an obvious choice for the role. Or Urich, for that matter.

I think Urich is one of the two reporters in Civil War: Frontline. Paul Jenkins didnt want to use Kat Farrell because he'd already invented his own character, and I THINK she works for another newspaper - the idea was: one reporter from a "pro-reg" newspaper and one reporter from an "anti-reg" newspaper, each covering the paper's POV.

Pretty sure there will be a Pulse Civil War newspaper just the way there was a Pulse House of M issue.

Meh.

MWof said:
Forgot to ask this but my cousin and myself were wondering about the "Philadelphia incident". Which comic? What happened

Captain America. Winter Soldier did it. Can't remember why.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Damnit I need to get that trade.

You really have no idea........its better than Daredevil.

Rhyo said:
I think Urich is one of the two reporters in Civil War: Frontline. Paul Jenkins didnt want to use Kat Farrell because he'd already invented his own character, and I THINK she works for another newspaper - the idea was: one reporter from a "pro-reg" newspaper and one reporter from an "anti-reg" newspaper, each covering the paper's POV.

Pretty sure there will be a Pulse Civil War newspaper just the way there was a Pulse House of M issue.

She's the girl from Generation M

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't think it was ever explained. Even in the story leading up to the Winter Soldier arc. But then again I can't remember too clearly either.

Lukin did it to bait them into invading his minin-state I *think*.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite part of the book was the beginning. The New Warriors rock. I want a new series with art by McNiven. Did anyone pick up that New Warriors mini that was by Zeb Wells?

ProjectX2 said:
I want a new series with art by McNiven.

But they're all dead now.

Dead means dead. Remember?

But if you can read people, it really wouldn't have to be told what Starks intentions are. You can tell what his intentions are b/c of who he is. But that could also be b/c I've read tie-ins. You make many really good/interesting points and I hate how every crossover tries to push everyone into one panel. X-men, in my opinion, are a bit out of place in this scene. And you'd expect to at least see emma and beast. Couple of things wrong but it was a great issue.

SORRY THIS REPLY IS A LITTLE LATE. I WAS COMMENTING ON WHAT BASS SAID

Last edited:
"The straw on the camel's back," was mentioned twice in one issue. "Daredevil" said it, and someone else said it before him.

A clue?

ProjectX2 said:
"The straw on the camel's back," was mentioned twice in one issue. "Daredevil" said it, and someone else said it before him.

A clue?

i just picked up the ish today, and finished reading it minutes ago. goliath and daredevil both said it...probably not a clue, but it'd be a nice touch if it was. i think it was just reiterating the whole magnitude of what happened, and america isn't gonna take it anymore.

i'd rather not have some single person orchestrating any of this. i think events are just unfolding naturally.

the art was a lot better than i thought it was going to be. (for some reason i was expecting something sub par) but it was wicked. and this cap is just as bad *** as ultimate cap. pure wickedness.

i thought it woulda been harder to choose a side, but they're really making iron man look like a dick.

so, **** the registration!

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think I'd have to side with registration after reading the issue.

It's the smarter and safer move.

Victor Von Doom said:
Conform to your govt....its the American way.

Besides, when have they ever been wrong before? :D

This is who I think is for/against it:

FOR: Sue, Reed Richards, Thing, Iron Man, Hank Pym, Ms. Marvel, Bishop, Emma, Spiderwoman, She-Hulk.

AGAINST: Cap, Wolverine, Cyclops, Strange, Torch, YA, Falcon, Fury, Cage, Janet Pym, DD....

What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back