Comic Book Clothing

all of my t-shirts are black

because I wear band t-shirts, and they are almost always black, and if they come in another colour, for some reason they never look quite as good

I just have a Silver Surfer t shirt. i get compliments about it all the time :D

EDIT: i did have a t shirt with spiderman on it but i think i left it in Japan somehow :s

Last edited:
The only two comic shirts that I actually wear out (aforementioned Joker shirt, Doktor Sleepless shirt) are black. And as far as I can think, those are the only two black shirts that I have. The darkest one after those is my dark blue, "The ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire." Doctor McNinja shirt, which everyone seems to get a kick out of. Most of my other shirts (mostly music shirts) are lighter colors.

Let's see...

I have a Superman t-shirt with a small, faded logo on it that's supposed to be like that. I have the bog-standard Superman t-shirt with a large faded logo that's faded because it's crappy rather than anything else. I have a normal, black Batman t-shirt and a faded logo one. I have a Flash-logo t-shirt and I'm hoping to get a Green Lantern one.

My favourite t-shirt is a Curt Swan Superman one, where he's carrying a classic 1950s Lois Lane through the air. It's getting a bit shabby now, though.

I'm sorry. I can't rock the full-on comic book t-shirts.

That Red Lantern shirt is cool, and I'd imagine there's a lot of iconic designs like that I'd actually be down to buy. The Red Lantern circle could easily pass as, say, the logo for a skate company. For that matter, I'd happily wear a design with all the different colored designs on the front and "CORPS" or something etched on the back in the GL logo design. For me, it's all about the design element. There's no chance in Hell I'd wear a shirt with Wolverine hopping out the front of it, or anything like that.

However, I'd kill for a slick looking Umbrella Academy t-shirt (i.e. the different kids with the numbering along the front, like from the first issue, and the names along the back) or a two-tone Casanova hoody.

I'm sorry. I can't rock the full-on comic book t-shirts.

That Red Lantern shirt is cool, and I'd imagine there's a lot of iconic designs like that I'd actually be down to buy. The Red Lantern circle could easily pass as, say, the logo for a skate company. For that matter, I'd happily wear a design with all the different colored designs on the front and "CORPS" or something etched on the back in the GL logo design. For me, it's all about the design element. There's no chance in Hell I'd wear a shirt with Wolverine hopping out the front of it, or anything like that.

However, I'd kill for a slick looking Umbrella Academy t-shirt (i.e. the different kids with the numbering along the front, like from the first issue, and the names along the back) or a two-tone Casanova hoody.
ZP is too cool to let people know that he reads comics.

I bet if people ask, he tells them that he reads serious, adult graphic novels.

ZP is too cool to let people know that he reads comics.

I bet if people ask, he tells them that he reads serious, adult graphic novels.

Nah. People know I read comics, but it's not the kind of thing I shove in everyone's face. Besides, there's less of a stigma around here with all that. The part of Atlanta I'm in is pretty much all hippies, stoners, musicians, and skateboard kids. The big record shop sells comic books, and the pizza place (Savage) actually has a superhero motif. The dude who runs it wears a Silver Surfer tee all the time. But that's just not my style.

(I just realized, the Record Shop actually updates the blog on its web page with upcoming comics for each week. That kicks ***).

Last edited:
:lol: I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. I was just saying... I mean, I had a t-shirt with the Taco Bell dog in middle school.

Back in middle school, I used to have one of those shirts that changed color when you touched it. I can't remember what they were called, but they were all the rage for about 15 minutes back in the early 90's.

Actually, it might've been when I was in elementary school. I can barely remember that far back.

Wait...I think they were called Hyper Color shirts or something like that. Unfortunately, they stopped changing color after about a dozen washes.

Nah. People know I read comics, but it's not the kind of thing I shove in everyone's face. Besides, there's less of a stigma around here with all that. The part of Atlanta I'm in is pretty much all hippies, stoners, musicians, and skateboard kids. The big record shop sells comic books, and the pizza place (Savage) actually has a superhero motif. The dude who runs it wears a Silver Surfer tee all the time. But that's just not my style.

(I just realized, the Record Shop actually updates the blog on its web page with upcoming comics for each week. That kicks ***).

Where you live sounds like a Utopia. Maybe I should move there. It beats all the snow-birds and rednecks I'm surrounded by now. :roll:

Back in middle school, I used to have one of those shirts that changed color when you touched it. I can't remember what they were called, but they were all the rage for about 15 minutes back in the early 90's.

Actually, it might've been when I was in elementary school. I can barely remember that far back.

Wait...I think they were called Hyper Color shirts or something like that. Unfortunately, they stopped changing color after about a dozen washes.

I remember those from "I Love the 80's".

Latest posts

Back