Essential X-Men (Vol. 2)

Ok. Fine. I'm not perfect with time nor writing, but I'm trying. I'm only am "amateur".

Enjoy.

EXM25.jpg

My name is Charles Francis Xavier. I founded the X-Men because I believe this world can co-exist with both humans and mutants alike. I searched for those were able to help me in my cause that would one day rid of the hatred that fills the hearts of those who wish ill against us. I brought together six mutant outcasts to do just that.

Cyclops. Iceman. Jean Grey. Colossus. Beast. Wolverine.

And then we found Storm during a mission in Africa.

Now if only the world can see the good that can come from this…

PREVIOUSLY IN ESSENTIAL X-MEN:

Kevin McTaggart, also known as Proteus, broke out of his containment pod that helped him stay alive because his mutant powers of reality alteration broke down his body, thus killing him. After finding Juggernaut, he escaped Muir Island where he once felt imprisoned. They went looking after Charles Xavier, Kevin's step-father, and Juggernaut's step-brother.

Kevin only wanted Xavier, and left him Juggernaut to take care of the X-Men as he took Xavier with him back to Muir Island using his teleportation powers. After holding him and his mother, Moira McTaggart, he began torturing them. Storm had accidentally gone with Xavier and Kevin, and tried to free them, but Kevin had made his mind go into her body, taking control of her. Kevin again began torturing, but couldn't get used to his new body. As Banshee escaped from the room where Kevin had tried to keep him, he tried to help, but soon was over taken by Kevin, as he jumped from Storm to Banshee's body. Unbeknownst to Xavier, he sent Banshee to get the X-Men, as Xavier was too weak to make a wide-ranged telepathic call, not knowing about the body jump.

Back at the mansion, the X-Men fought Juggernaut and eventually won as Wolverine clawed into his eyes. As they kept him in their new holding cell, Banshee soon showed up and sent the X-Men to help.

But what Banshee doesn't know, is that not all the X-Men left…

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #25:
FAMILY REUNION
PART 4 OF 4

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning
Westchester, New York-

"Put it on auto-pilot. Something isn't right here," Cyclops whispered to Beast after reaching the Blackbird in the mansion's hangar.

"Well it's good to know you ain't no short breed, Slim," teased Wolverine as he smiled on, standing next the wall with his arms folded.

"Was it that supposed to mean? Never mind. We don't have time to deal with this. Something is wrong with Banshee," Cyclops mentioned with a worried tone.

"So you do know him," Wolverine pointed out as he put his mask on.

"Yes…we met him a couple months ago. Not too long before we picked up you and Iceman. Why would you think-"

Wolverine interrupted Cyclops telling him, "No time to explain now, Slim. The Professor still needs to be rescued outta that island. Take the guys and get him. Colossus, you stay here with me."

"Since when are you the team leader?" Cyclops asked, feeling as if his territory has been taken over commanding the X-Men.

"There ain't no time to chit-chat and have a tea party! Just go!" Wolverine snarled at Cyclops, itching ever so closely to him while forming his hands into fists. Cyclops, hesitating to take an order from Wolverine, ended up entering the Blackbird with Beast and Iceman.

"So now what, comrade Logan? What is it exactly that gives you the worries for Banshee?" Colossus asked looking down at Wolverine.

"Just get ready to armor up on my say so, Ruskie. And don't make a peep, either. I got a feelin' ol' Banshee wants to make some un-scheduled hospital visit. And I don't mean for Jean if you catch my drift," Wolverine replied.

"How can you tell?" Asked Colossus, confused.

" 'Cuz the nose don't lie, and he ain't upstairs no more," answered back Wolverine as they moved quietly towards the prisoner cell lock.

Meanwhile
On Muir Island
Off the coast of Scotland-

"Oh Charley, I'm so sorry. Truly, I be," wept Moira as she tried to look at Xavier in the eye.

"There is no need for you to apologize to me, Moira. Nothing here was your fault," Xavier tried to comfort Moira, but he was unsuccessful.

"Ever the modest one, aye, Charles? Sometimes, that is what makes you arrogant in your own way," continued Moira as she gave Charles what some would call "snake eyes". But their little conversation was soon interrupted as an unconscious Storm was slowly awakening.

"Oh dear lord! He's waking up again!" Yelled Moira in fear, not knowing what was really going on.

"How…oh by the goddess…what has happened to me?" Storm asked, holding her head as if trying not to let it fall off her body.

"Storm?! My dear lord! How did you survive?" Xavier asked worried, yet curious.

"My guess is that Kevin must not have been in her body for long, aye," explained Moira as she let out a sigh of relief.

Scared, Moira gasped and said, "Oh dear God, Charley! That must mean Kevin is in…-"

Xavier Institute-

"Banshee," called out Wolverine as he and Colossus entered the holding cell room. They stood and blocked the door as Banshee turned around to see them.

"You might want to tell us why you are in here and how did you find this place, yes?" Colossus asked.
"Sorry lads. Got lost I guess, aye?" Kevin tried to play off as acting as Banshee, but it was to no success. Wolverine gave him a smirk before popping out his claws. Colossus quickly armored up.

"Bub, you don't know what's comin' to ya," Wolverine said as he leaped towards Banshee, or rather, Kevin, Proteus. Proteus knew Banshee, if only a little, before he was put into his containment pod he felt was truly a prison for so long. Kevin let out a big strong enough sonic scream that pushed both Wolverine and Colossus to the wall. Kevin, without haste, made headed quickly to the door, and almost made it out before Wolverine grabbed his legs and made him fall to the floor of the sub-basement's hallway.

Proteus pushed himself back up and Wolverine jumped at him and clawed at his arm.

"Aaaaaieeee!" screamed Proteus in pain as he backed away from Wolverine.

"Oh that hurts, does it? Would ya like some second helpin's?" taunted Wolverine as Colossus tried to make his way behind Proteus to hold him.

"No! There will be none o' that, ye squirrely hags. Ye gonna let me get my step-father's idiot step-brotha and kill ye all. DIE!" Proteus screamed out.

"I figured ya was that kid that took Chuck. So what do ya got? Some alteration powers, posses and can teleport to boot? Must be nice," Wolverine talked to Proteus, trying to distract him long enough so Colossus could grab him.

"Ye think I'm stuuupid? Ye best think agaaaaain," Proteus's words were slurring. He still hadn't gotten adjusted to Banshee's body and it looked like the real Banshee was trying to fight back.

"Loosin' control are ya? Ya don't have much space to maneuver in here. Just give it up, bub," Wolverine demanded from Proteus. But he knew he wouldn't.

"Think again, &^#hole," proclaimed Proteus as his eyes began to glow. Suddenly the hallway around them began to change its shape, becoming a sphere of sorts and a white light glowing around Proteus.

"It was a nice time tossing a fight with ye, aye," said Proteus as he began to disappear. But then Wolverine and Colossus quickly dashed towards him and were able to throw off his concentration as they all landed in the backyard of the mansion, right on top of the basketball court.

"Nice try, but you will not get away that easily," Colossus told Proteus as he stood up.

"Hahahahaha!" Proteus laughed manically as he slowly stood up.

"Ya mind sharin' what's so funny, bub?" Wolverine said preparing himself into an attacking stance.

"You're…you're aaaaall goooonnaaaaaa dddddiieeeeee…hahahahahaha!" Proteus continued as he started moving in an irregular pattern.

"Ya sure lost it more now," Wolverine said as he launched himself towards Proteus, who he himself dodged Wolverine and then put his arms out to his sides, one facing Wolverine and the other Colossus.

"Colossus!" Yelled Wolverine. "Hit the ground! NOW!"

Colossus did as he was told and proceeded to punch his fists unto the basketball court, but Proteus was too quick. He used his altering powers to make the ground wavy and impossible to stand on around Colossus, making fall to the ground and. He then made Colossus sink into the ground, only leaving his head above it.

He kept his control and concentration on Colossus and continued on to say, "Ye can't do a bloody damn thing without standing up yourself, eh, "comrade"? Idiots. The 'lot o' ya. Stupid X-Men following my stupid step-father. Ye all follow him like bloody sheep. Ye don't know him. He's playing everyone like a fiddle and ye don't even know it. He keeps secrets, don't doubt that. He knows more than ye can't even begin to think. When ye know the truth, will ye all still stay?"

SHA-KUG!

Blood began to drip down Proteus stomach. He looked down to see three sharp claws coming out dripped in blood as well.

Wolverine whispered into his ear, "It ain't wise to keep yer eye on one guy when there's a party in town, bub. Amateur." Wolverine retracted his claws and Proteus fell down to the ground. With him no longer being able to control on keeping Colossus at bay, Colossus was able to finally free himself.

"So what do we do, Wolverine? I do not think it's wise to toss him with Juggernaut," wondered Colossus as he dusted dirt of his shoulders.

"We wait," Wolverine said. "Let's patch 'im up. We don't the body to die." Wolverine was going to pick the body when it suddenly Proteus came back to conscious and kicked Wolverine in the groin and pushed him back to have space to stand up.

"It alssssooooo ain't wiseeeeee to think the eeeeenemy is done for gggoooood on the first ssssshot, blooooody dumb%$#!" Proteus exclaimed as blood was all over his shirt with some coming out his mouth. Colossus quickly came and bear hugged Proteus, who then used the ground to aid him once again as giant hands came up and ripped Colossus clean off Proteus slamming him on top of Wolverine.

"That'll teach ye all," Proteus told them as he teleported away. And with that, Proteus was gone with Banshee as his host still.

1 hour later-

The Blackbird soon landed on top of the basketball court. Cyclops and the others then walked down its ramp unto the court and noticed Wolverine and Colossus waiting for them.

"So I see all went well," Cyclops sarcastically commented.

"So I see yer still a dickhead," Wolverine quickly snapped back.

"That will be enough of that," Professor Xavier told them as Beast finished wheeling him down the ramp. "Please enlighten me as to what has happened."

"Yer kid came as Banshee, socked it to me and Ruskie and left," Wolverine recapped for him.

"As Banshee?" Xavier questioned.

"As Banshee." Wolverine responded.

"Moira will not be pleased with the news. This has been but a troublesome day. It is best if we all get some rest. Cleanup starts tomorrow morning sharply after breakfast at 10 am."

"Professor?" Beast quickly intervened.

"Yes? What is the matter?"

"Those guys, they said they were your family. Step-brother and step-son. Why didn't you tell us you had family? Or least, had."

"That is a story but for another time. Right now, I would like to check up on Jean's condition. And also, we must prepare a room," Xavier answered.

"A room? But what for?" Beast wondered as he continued to wheel the professor into the mansion.

"A visitor is coming. Very soon."

X---END---X

Last edited:
It's time for the next chapter, as ProjectX2 steps in to write a special stand alone story featuring none other than the Hulk! To view what happened previously with the Hulk, click on the link available down below.

And without further interruption, we begin.

My name is Charles Francis Xavier. I founded the X-Men because I believe this world can co-exist with both humans and mutants alike. I searched for those were able to help me in my cause that would one day rid of the hatred that fills the hearts of those who wish ill against us. I brought together six mutant outcasts to do just that.

His name is Bruce Banner. He was a scientist working on a weapon that used gamma energy, when the incident happened. The gamma energy leaked, and turned Bruce into a giant green monster: The Hulk. After running away from his past, Bruce may have finally found sanctuary at the Xavier Institute.

After nearly defeating Kevin Mctaggart, also calling himself Proteus, he escaped the X-Men's grasp when he left as he possessed Banshee's Body. Jean once again wielded an incredible power of unknown origins the rest of the group took out Kevin's lackey, Juggernaut, who knows is still held in their holding cell.

But now, their visitor has arrived. And there's one particular X-Man who won't be having a happy day…

EXM26.jpg

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #26
"ROUND 2"

The Xavier Institute. 1 Month Later.

The lone form of Bruce Banner stood amongst the mist, peering at his new home. Carrying only a duffel bag, Bruce proceeded forward, and into the future of his new life.

"Bruce Banner," Charles Xavier stated, as Bruce stared back. The two were sitting across from each other, a desk separating them. "I think it's time I offered you an explanation."

Charles smiled, and Bruce stayed still. "A short summary would suffice," he replied. "When I was in The Vault, Ross had psychics access my brain. They erased stuff that I need to know. I don't even remember why I am The Hulk anymore."

"Very well, I'll tell you what information I have managed to retrieve from your dead brain cells.

"Before you transformed into the Hulk, you were a scientist working for the U.S. Government, under command of General Ross. From what I can gather, you were working on a secret prototype weapon, a 'Gamma Bomb.' Somehow, this weapon malfunctioned, and you were radiated with Gamma energy.

"However, this is a lie. This is going to be hard to believe, but I'm afraid it's true. I met up with Thor a few weeks back and he explained the situation to me. His brother, Loki, the Norse God of Mischief, tampered with the bomb, causing it to leak the Gamma energy, therefore transforming you into The Hulk. Do you remember who stopped you that first time?"

Bruce sat back, amazed. "Thor. Thor stopped me."

"Correct," answered Xavier. "Loki influenced your transforming into The Hulk so he could use you as a pawn. You were merely a soldier to him, a soldier he could use to defeat Thor.

"And then you know that General Ross and the army captured you, and placed you in a high-security cell in The Vault. There you received visits from Doctor Samson, and the 'secret' telepaths. Of course, a few days ago, there was an attack on The Vault's power system. Nobody knows what the cause was, but now I do."

"Thor." Banner repeated again.

"Of course. He felt sorry for you. You hadn't deserved any of this; it had all been Loki's fault. And so, he let you out. You then made your way to the house of Dr. Strange, who you were misled to believe was the 'Sorcerer Supreme,' but instead you came face-to-face with his drug-addicted son. The government tracked you down, and a fight occurred. And then, you 'died.' Of course, this was where I came into the game. You survived the explosion, mainly because I took control of your mind and took you where you need to be, and also misled the soldiers after you. They believe you died in the explosion, and no way in anyway possible could they think you were right here in front of me.

"And there you have it. The complete history of The Hulk." Xavier finished, pausing for effect.

"And now, you're going to help me control The Hulk? Am I too become a X-Men?" Bruce asked.

"Of course, in due time. It's getting late; you should go up to your room and get some rest."

Bruce hesitated.

"Don't you remember where your room is?" Xavier asked, "I can get Scott or one of the others to show you."

"No, I know where it is, it's just…"

"You're perfectly safe here Bruce." Xavier interrupted.

"Just… thank you."

"This time, this time, you're going down, bub!" Wolverine shouted as he launched onto The Hulk's neck, shoving his claws deeper and deeper into his green skin. The Hulk roared in pain and tried to grab Wolverine, but he wouldn't budge.

"This time, this time, you won't make a fool of me!" Wolverine ripped his claws out, taking some of the monster's flesh with him. The Hulk roared again.

"This time, this time, you're going to die!" Wolverine charged forward and imbedded the claws in The Hulk's throat. This time, The Hulk didn't roar. Blood squirted out as Wolverine retracted his claws, and The Hulk fell backwards, a weird groan coming from deep within his throat.

Bruce Banner awoke with a start. His entire body was sweating, and the sheets were soaked. For a moment, he thought he was back in his cell in The Vault but then he realised he was safe in his new room at the Xavier Institute. Safe. That was all that mattered. Too bad he wasn't.

"Get up, runt," Wolverine muttered, leaning against the door. "It's time for Round 2."

Wolverine followed Bruce, claws out, pushing him forward towards the Danger Room. Bruce was a little man, covered in sweat and wearing small glasses. The guy Logan was sure he use to beat up at school. The only thing was, he couldn't remember if he even went to school.

Bruce stopped.

"Keep going, bub," Logan grunted, poking a shimmering claw against Bruce's back.

"Please… why are you doing this? The Professor put The Hulk behind a mental barrier. I couldn't even turn into him if I was payed a million bucks!" Bruce stammered.

"Well, we'll see what will happen once I pop you open…"

Bruce stopped again. It was a dead end. A wall of solid steel blocked the path.

"Password: Francis." Logan spoke to a hidden speaker.

"Password confirmed. Access allowed." The speaker replied back, and the solid steel wall slid into a secret passage.

"Here we are," Logan grinned. "The Danger Room."

Bruce felt one of his ribs break. He felt another one crack. Another one. Logan continued pounding his adamantium-laced bony fist into Bruce's chest.

"Turn… into… something… I… can… beat… you… jackass!" Logan grunted, still pounding his fist against the cramped over form of Banner.

"I told you!" Bruce spat out, "I can't turn into The Hulk!"

"Well, then I guess I'll just have to kill you then." Logan sneered.

"Enough!"

Logan stopped punching Bruce and turned around to see who had demanded. It was Scott Summers, otherwise known as Cyclops.

"You telling me what to do, Slim?"

"Yes Logan, now get the hell out of here." Cyclops commanded. "You're an animal, Wolverine. Control your instincts."

"I'm not listening to another word out of your dirty little mouth, Slim!" The familiar "snikt" noise was heard again, as Wolverine charged forward with his claws.

"I said enough!" Cyclops opened up his visor and let loose a vicious optic blast. Wolverine emitted a short scream as his skin was quickly burnt off, and after a few seconds, the optic beam died down. All the remained was the smouldering adamantium skeleton of the mutant once known as Wolverine.

"I always knew I'd have to do this." Cyclops stated, staring at his attacker.

"So, he's dead? How can he regenerate now?"

"As long as he has a drop of blood he can regenerate, he used to joke. We'll see if it's true, huh?" Cyclops smiled, trying to make a joke.

Bruce grunted.

"I'm leaving."

Bruce shoved the duffel bag back over his shoulders, and walked down the lane, exiting the Xavier Institute. It was going to be dawn soon, and he had been at the school for less than 12 hours.

Voices.

Bruce looked up. He was sure he had heard someone whisper. Or perhaps The Hulk had?

Again.

Figures began to form in the mist. Bruce stood still, watching. Who was outside the school at this hour?

A figure suddenly emerged from the darkness. He was wearing some kind of uniform, and Bruce couldn't recognize him. Other figures began to emerge behind him, and soon there was an entire team.

"We are Alpha Flight," the first figure demanded, "and we want Wolverine!"

Next: "Alpha Flight!"

Last edited:
As I told ProjectX2 as I read this, it was a great chapter and the characterization with Banner was superb. I re-read this last night, and still loved it.

Essential-27-cover.jpg

Tell me what you guys think. I'm trying to make the covers more different, starting with a 3-D title.

Also, READ THE CHAPTER ABOVE, BOYEEEZ.....!!!!!

Continuing on, we move on with the Alpha Flight arc. Now, I do hate Alpha Flight, and you might be asking, "Then why are you writing them?". There's a quite simple answer. And it's: How the hell could I pass up a chance to woop their Canadian ***? Will that happen? **** Yeah! But the why of it? That's something very important, so pay attention to this short 2-part arc because it will be referred back to.

And now I shut the hell up and you can read.

Enjoy.

Bruce Banner, also known as The Incredible Hulk, came to the mansion to try and control the monster within. And as always, there's someone who pushes his buttons. And that someone? Wolverine. But even then, their little reunion would have to wait as visitors that were unwelcome and unaccounted for stopped by.

Alpha Flight.

Their purpose? To bring Wolverine back with them. So what will happen now? Who will Wolverine stay with?

Essential-27-cover.jpg

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #27

THE COLD HARD TRUTH:

Part 1 of 2

"Protocols"

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning
Front Lawn-

Alpha Flight stood in front of the gates of the institute as their ship hovered above. One of the members stood firm in his place. His suit was Canada's flag; red with a white stripe in the middle of it and also with the maple leaf sideways coming from his left side on his abdomen. He held Bruce Banner by the neck putting pressure on it.

The others, they all stood behind him. A giant brown and orange monster that looked as if it was big-foot with its eyebrows coming out like horns. Two women were behind him. One with long brown hair and glasses wearing a green suit, and another wearing a crystal blue and white suit and a crown on her blonde haired head. Than there was a short man standing next to him. The man was barely over 3 feet tall and was in all black that covered everything except his face and hands.

"I'll repeat myself one more time. We want Wolverine and we want him now. Unless, that is, you want to see him die," the man said as he put more pressure on Bruce's neck. Soon, everyone except Wolverine was out in the yard, including Professor Xavier who was wheeled outside by Scott.

"May I ask who you are and what do you want trespassing on private property, young man?" asked a calm Xavier, hands folded on his lap.

"Are you death, old man? I told you, we're-"

Xavier quickly interrupted him, "Maybe you misheard me. I asked who you are. So who is death now?"

The man heatedly answered Xavier, telling him, "My name is Guardian. I am the leader of Alpha Flight. We're Canada's finest super-hero team. You want to know why we're here? Why we want Wolverine? Because he is not an X-Man. He's one of us."

Everyone save Xavier were in shock. They didn't understand what was going on. Scott tried to reason with them, hoping they would at least calm things down and talk it all out.

"Please, just listen to us," he began, "We…I don't know why exactly you want Wolverine, but you don't have to come barging in here like crazy lunatics. Now, calmly state what's really going on here."

"I do not take orders from you. We are here for your Xavier Files. Something that Wolverine was supposed to bring us a long time ago," Guardian stated as his team began to look restless, wanting some action.

"Yeah, well, Wolverine is really nothing but a pain. You guys can have him. Than I can turn his room into my own arcade," Bobby said, trying to be funny. But no one laughed, and instead, everyone just gave him a furious look.

"Shut yer mouth, runt. Don't meddle in business that ya don't belong in," a healing Wolverine finally appeared saying. Flesh appearing to be burned was all over his body as half his face showed some of his skeleton still.

"Uh…eww. We can all agree that's just gross," Bobby again commented.

"Wolverine. How nice of you to finally show up, traitor. We're taking you in. Hand over the Files now. I'm tired of waiting," Guardian told him.

"Listen to me, Guardian. You and your Alpha Flight team are trespassing on my private property, I remind you. So if you want anything at all, you are suggested to go back and do this through the proper channels or I will have a talk with your government," Xavier tried to reason with them.

"Talk to our government? HA! Who do you think sent us here?! The tooth fairy?" Guardian laughed. He threw Bruce Banner towards the woman to his left said with long brown hair wearing a green suit. She catches Bruce in her arms and Guardian proceeds to pull a tranquilizer from his back and shoots Bruce twice in neck.

As this goes on, Xavier gets a disgusted look on his face.

"Heather, take him on board. Until we get what we want, that man shall stay our prisoner. Snowbird, help her out," commanded Guardian. The woman with the short blonde hair and that wore the crystal blue and white suit with a crown on her head walked towards Heather. She than transformed into a giant white and blue owl and carried Heather and Bruce on board.

"Now, where were we? Oh yes. The Xavier Files. Wolverine, we know you know of their location already. You've spent 4 months with them. Don't act a fool and give it to us already!"

"Professor, what are they talking about? What are these Xavier Files?" Peter interrupted the conversation.

Xavier didn't answer. He didn't even give Peter a look. Everyone waited for him to answer, but not a word did Xavier mutter. Jean was worried herself about the Professor. This was her first time outside the mansion since the fight with Juggernaut last month. Ororo stood beside her.

"Well, well. Your students don't know? Can't really say that's a surprise since what they contain ain't the brightest news for them, ain't that right, Guardian?" a small man, barely higher than 3 feet asked him.

"Puck, I told you I will do all the talking. Now quiet down," Guardian said to Puck.

"Listen Hudson-" Wolverine started to say before he was interrupted.

"That's Guardian!"

"Hudson…there's been a change of plans. I quit Alpha Flight. So ya ain't getting' no files from me. Do me favor? Kiss Department H's *** some more when ya get home."

Guardian couldn't take it anymore. He wasn't going to go home without his objectives being completed.

"Ok! Everyone STOP!" Scott yelled.

"My dear, this is spiraling out to be one appalling morning, I do say," Hank added.

"Not now, Hank! I'm tired of being out of the loop here. I want to know exactly what's going on! Professor, what are these files? What is this about Wolverine being part of their team, and why are you not surprised yourself?" Scott bombarded Xavier with questions.

"Wolverine. Tell them yourself. Tell them how you only went back and joined the X-Men was because of the files you were sent to retrieve for us. The files that were going to help us destroy the X-Men."

Everyone stopped and looked at Wolverine. Scott than proceeded to ask Wolverine, "Is this true? Is that why you came back that day we went to recruit you?"

Wolverine took a couple of seconds before he looked away from them and answered, "Yes. It's true."

"YOU SON OF A *****!! You don't deserve to be one of us!" Scott yelled.

"Scott! Calm down at once! This is not for personal matters right now. I will NOT tolerate this sort of behavior," demanded Xavier.

"But wait…if at the time Wolverine joined us was when he was asked for the job, how were there any files on us? And how would they even know?" Hank questioned.

"Enough with the questions. Either you hand over Wolverine with the damn Xavier Files, or you will suffer the consequences," Guardian demanded one final time.

"Listen, bub. I've told ya; neither I nor the files are goin' anywhere. So whatever ya think yer gonna do, don't. 'Cuz I can guaran-damn-tee ya, nothin' ya do will go yer way. Ya might as well give it up now," Wolverine responded back.

"Fine. You asked for it, remember that. Puck, Heather, Sasquatch, Snowbird. Assemble. It's time we teach these X-Men just who they're dealing with.

"X-Men! Line up! Stand your ground and don't let them get the upper hand on you. Show them why you're supposed to be the best," Scott called on them. Just then, Iceman turned into his ice form, Colossus armored up into his organic steel that literally covers his entire body, and everyone, even Jean, prepared for battle.

"Alpha Flight. ATTACK!"

To be continued…

Wow. You actually made Alpha Flight cool. I didn't think it could be done.

Good job. One of your best issues so far.

thee great one said:
I loved the hulk issue even though it seemed pointless and i'm looking forward to the smackdown.

Why did it seem pointless? :?

Chapter 28

Alrighty. Moving on with the finally of this arc, this is the final part of Alpha Flight's appearance. Don't know if they'll appear again, as I have no plans to bring them back, and I have issues planned up to #62. As I said before, this will be part of something bigger, so don't forget!

Have fun reading!

After Bruce Banner decided to leave from trying to become one of the X-Men, trying to tame the incredible savage beast known as the Hulk, Alpha Flight paid the X-Men an unexpected visit. They took Bruce as their hostage as they yelled for Wolverine's capture and the so called "Xavier Files". After a failed attempt to retrieve them both, the X-Men and Alpha Flight went to battle.

Who comes out on top? Will Alpha Flight get what they want?

EXM-28-cover.gif

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #28

THE COLD HARD TRUTH

PART 2 OF 2

"TRUTH, LIES, & CONSPIRACIES"

The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning
Front Lawn-

Professor Xavier sat there on his wheel chair on top of the steps of the mansion looking on to the battle that rages between the X-Men and Alpha Flight. Wolverine sat there, still healing next to Xavier. His stratum corneum skin layer, the layer that is right under the top skin layer epidermis, was finally healed.

As the battle continued, it was leader versus leader as Cyclops fought against Guardian. Cyclops kept blasting his optic beam at Guardian, trying to slow him down enough to take him down. Guardian kept dodging the blast as he kept moving faster than Cyclops could shoot out his beam.

"You won't hit me, little boy scout. I'm too fast for you," Guardian told Cyclops in a cocky tone. Cyclops ignored him as he kept shooting, but a smile came on his face. Just then, Cyclops stopped his attack on Guardian. As surprised as he was, just watching Cyclops stand there, Guardian didn't stop. He charged towards Cyclops and made a fist, as he was about to knock Cyclops backwards. Right before he could, Cyclops squeezed his own left hand, and his beam shot right at Guardian's face, having him fly back at his ship.

"Do you think I have to touch my visor to shoot at you?" Cyclops asked him, not actually waiting for a response back.

Meanwhile, Heather Hudson came to confront Jean Grey.

"Listen, we don't really want any trouble. My husband can get kind of…territorial, if you understand what I'm trying to get at. Please, just give us what we want and we'll be on our way. I promise," Heather said to Jean.

"Neither do we," Jean began to talk back to Heather. "But you're not exactly coming here in the best way." Jean then telekinetically lifted Heather and had her fly into the mansion's gate.

Sasquatch's brown and orange fur blew in the breeze a bit as he tried to hold his ground against both Colossus and Beast. Beast rolled himself into a ball and bounced off the ground towards Sasquatch, but was hit back to the ground with a slap.

"Come on, comrade. You were trained better than that," Colossus told Beast as he charged at Sasquatch with full force. Sasquatch, thinking he would best him as he did with Beast, didn't try to block Colossus incoming attack. Colossus came and back slapped Sasquatch, having him move back a couple of feet.

"Ha! That's it? That's all you have?" laughed Sasquatch, believing he would end up the winner.

"Not at all. It is best if you look that way," said Colossus as he pointed behind Sasquatch. What he was pointing at was Beast as he flipped from one spot to another as he finished his little show with a roundhouse kick on Sasquatch's face. Sasquatch was falling down to the ground when Colossus jumped in the air and landed on top of him, making Sasquatch scream for pain.

"Extraordinary job, dear companion. I knew that assault plan would prove effort indeed," Beast said, congratulating Colossus. Elsewhere, the three foot four inch tall Puck was putting Iceman's ice walls into ice cubes as he just ran threw all his attacks without a problem.

"Come on, Frosty the snowman! Show me something better than that lame attack, eh?" Puck commanded as he jumped in the air and landed behind Iceman. He quickly hit him in his back, knocking him down.

"You didn't fall down hard enough. How about we try that one again?"

"How about not!" Iceman yelled as he turned around and shot a giant ice beam at Puck, giving him some breathing room.

"Now were talking, you little runt," Puck said to Iceman getting up from the attack.

"What the crap?! You're calling me little?! Dude, Thumbelina is &%#@ing bigger than you!"

"Hahaha! Ain't it cute that you watch some little girl movie!" Puck laughed at Iceman. This made Iceman frustrated and shot a giant ice shard at him.

"It was with someone else, you tiny %$& peanut head," Iceman screamed back as he let a huge ice blast at Puck, but missed due to lack of focus. Storm came around and lent a helping hand to Iceman.

"Let me be of some assistance, young Robert," Storm proclaimed.

"Iceman. Thanks."

Storm didn't pay any attention to the correction Iceman tried to make and instead went right on ahead and began her attack on Puck. Her eyes went completely white as she raised arms in the air. The sky began growing a dark gray look and thunder was making its presence known with its loud crackles. The clouds began swirling together in many spots and forming into tornadoes.

"Guardian didn't mention anything about any weather changing mutie!" Puck tried to hightail back to the ship, but Iceman made sure he wouldn't go anywhere, so he created ice on the ground causing Puck to fall on his lead. Storm's tornadoes grew bigger and bigger and one came down on Puck, picking him up into the air. Then Storm made a giant gust of wind push Puck about 100 miles away from the mansion, with the tornadoes disappearing as well.

By now, Wolverine was almost healed completely, and was tired of seeing the senseless fighting.

"ENOUGH WITH THIS HUDSON!" Screamed Wolverine at the top of lung. He got up on his feet and looked at Xavier, who looked back as well. With no words said, Xavier nodded at Wolverine.

"So you came to your senses then, eh traitor?" Guardian asked as the X-Men backed off of Alpha Flight.

"The only traitor here is ya an' yer goons for still bein' with that wannabe Hitler," Wolverine fired back at Guardian.

"You idiot! We're the ones who picked up from the damn woods! We nursed you back to health! We gave you your ^%#damn life back! This is how you repay us?! By joining this stupid band of nature rejects?!"

"I didn't ask ya for anythin', bub. An' don't forget ya brought yer own reject on the team," Wolverine responded without getting overheated himself.

"You were nothin' but a weapon to us."

"And you wonder why I left."

"Enough with the chit-chat. This is the absolute last time I will ask for your damn Xavier Files. Hand them over or I'll nuke this place to kingdom come."

"Ya'll get what ya want. Ya think you can hold yer panties for a few seconds?" Wolverine asked as Guardian gave him a smirk.

"No! Wolverine, you hold up right there!" Commanded Cyclops. Wolverine was about to walk in the mansion when he decided to listen to Cyclops and turned around to see what it was he wanted.

"Professor, I swear on my father's life you will tell us all RIGHT NOW what these files are," Cyclops demanded to know as he was trying to catch his breath.

"Cyclops, you must believe me, these file are-"

Before Xavier could finish, Guardian interrupted him and finished what he was going to say.

"They are the key to your demise. Yes, you heard me right. These files will tell us in detail how your powers work and the weaknesses each and every one of you have, giving us the chance to annihilate you once and for all."

Cyclops and the rest of the X-Men were stunned and were speechless.

"I must admit, we didn't here anything about you, weather witch, in Wolverine's first encounter with the team back in Canada those six months ago. But I'm sure we'll figure something out back at Headquarters," Guardian said to Storm.

Wolverine walks into the mansion without another word said, and returned about two minutes later. In his hands was a giant briefcase which had a combination lock and the letters: DPT H on it. He threw the case at Guardians face as the rest of Alpha Flight were ready to board and leave.

After he stared at the case for a couple of seconds, he looked at Wolverine and asked him, "Now how do I honestly know the documents are really in here?"

"Ya don't. The combination to the lock is only known to one other man. You know who he is," Wolverine answered back.

"I swear to you, Wolverine. I will come back and send your retarded &$% to hell," Guardian finally said before getting on board the plane where Snowbird was waiting for him and the team.

"Maybe next time I can help out instead of watching this guy for you?" Snowbird asked.

"Just shut it and let's go."

After Alpha Flight was out of sight, Wolverine told everyone, "Nothin' to worry about. Once they open that case, the only thing they'll be worrying about is what they'll do with a giant green monster."

"Impossible. Bruce said that the professor blocked him from being able to turn into the Hulk," said Cyclops.

"You sure about that?" Wolverine asked him as he pulled a cigar out of his pocket, lighting it up as he walked back into the mansion. Cyclops looked at Xavier with a disappointed face. The team walked into the mansion without saying anything to Xavier. Cyclops was the last person to walk in, as he closed the door behind him.

Xavier shed a tear as he was left alone on the steps of the mansion.

X---END---X

NEXT: CAMPNIGHT!

EXM-29-Cover.gif

Essential X-Men #29 & #29 ½
Written by ice, ProjectX2, thee great one, & Ultxon
Cover by ice

"Camp Night" Parts 1 & 2 of 2
The X-Men get a night off! No really! Still dealing with the news about the Xavier Files, the X-Men go out for the night for a nice break. It's just them and Mother Nature. Learn who they were before they were X-Men as they camp out in these extra long chapters brought to with guests writers, ProjectX2 (Hulk), thee great one (Wonder Woman, Crossover, Knights) and Ultxon, yes Ultxon!

Latest posts

Back