Fantastic Four Reboot

I just hope this brings us closer to a FANTASTIC FOUR movie where Christoph Waltz plays Doctor Doom.

I just hope this brings us closer to a FANTASTIC FOUR movie where Christoph Waltz plays Doctor Doom.

Sorry Bass, apparently these four are the shortlist for playing Dr. Doom:

Nerdist:
Sam Riley (Control), Eddie Redmayne (Les Misérables), Toby Kebbell (Wrath of the Titans), and Domhnall Gleeson (Dredd).

Love thee idea of some crazy space adventures. Less superhero. Strangely I'd like to see Steven fry as me fantastic.

"The Wire's" Reg E. Cathey has been cast as Dr. Storm, father of Michael B. Jordan's Human Torch and Kate Mara's Invisible Woman.

safe_image.php

I hope the following is taken in the spirit it is intended...

I've never heard of a black family adopting a white child before. I just looked it up, and it happens, but not often because of cultural stigmas in our society (a black man with a little white girl will attract a lot of attention). That said, I personally think it's just as legitimate as a white family adopting a black child - which is more common because it seems more okay; read: our society hasn't gotten past race based prejudice yet. And I guess neither have I because the casting of the upcoming FF movie struck me as weird at first. I don't like that I felt that way. So I wanted to acknowledging my own prejudice and open up the discussion because I think that's the only way we'll ever get past our prejudices and misunderstandings.

I hope the following is taken in the spirit it is intended... I've never heard of a black family adopting a white child before. I just looked it up, and it happens, but not often because of cultural stigmas in our society (a black man with a little white girl will attract a lot of attention). That said, I personally think it's just as legitimate as a white family adopting a black child - which is more common because it seems more okay; read: our society hasn't gotten past race based prejudice yet. And I guess neither have I because the casting of the upcoming FF movie struck me as weird at first. I don't like that I felt that way. So I wanted to acknowledging my own prejudice and open up the discussion because I think that's the only way we'll ever get past our prejudices and misunderstandings.

I was actually writing a story about a white teenager who'd been adopted by a black family, black Baptist preacher father, lawyer mother, and an older brother (by a couple years) who'd act as the main characters guiding force and influence his conscience.

But yeah, I have no problem with this casting (or Human Torch being black). I think it could make for some interesting opposition to racial stereotypes. And God knows, there's been a severe lack of minority super hero characters on film.

I haven't watched The Wire yet (even though I'm white), but I really liked him in House Of Cards.

But yeah, I have no problem with this casting (or Human Torch being black). I think it could make for some interesting opposition to racial stereotypes. And God knows, there's been a severe lack of minority super hero characters on film.

Honestly, I think this casting was a genius move on Fox's part. If the rumor's are true that F4 will be sharing a universe with the X-Men, it only makes sense to add in even more diversity to a universe who's entire premise so far is social justice for minorities. Besides that, the only race swaps I can think of that have happened in comic movies so far have been Kingpin, and Nick Fury (even though his race swap happened in the comics beforehand) and both of those characters have a history of being shady, which kind of outweighs the good that may have been done by the race swap.

I WISH that was the entire premise. The comics would be a lot better.

I mean, I get that vibe from basically all the films that don't have Wolverine in their name, so..... the basic premise is there.

I WISH that was the entire premise. The comics would be a lot better.

It's a stronger emphasis in the movies than it has been in the comics. The movies have mostly stayed away from the hard sci-fi space opera, time travel, alternate realities stories until now.

It's a stronger emphasis in the movies than it has been in the comics. The movies have mostly stayed away from the hard sci-fi space opera, time travel, alternate realities stories until now.

Yeah, I think that's great. It's too bad the movies aren't better.

Latest posts

Back