Fringe (Spoilers)

I haven't seen the promo for 1x07 yet but apparently there's a 3 week break? That's terrible. :(

Yeah, its because Fox is airing the World Series for the next two weeks, then the Presidential election is the Tuesday after that.

Ice said:
There's an episode next week and then another one 3 weeks from now. So I think only one week between the next two episodes.

Next week's is a repeat ("Same Old Story"), or "Encore" showing as networks have taken to calling repeats aired in prime time. The next new episode won't be on until November 11.

Next week's is a repeat ("Same Old Story"), or "Encore" showing as networks have taken to calling repeats aired in prime time. The next new episode won't be on until November 11.
Ah, ok.

I tried checking online, but no one's updated the episode listing yet.

I can understand where this guy is coming from. I can't really follow the show anymore because it's hard for me to get through an episode without getting board of the science. It's too much some times.

(when did everybody start spelling bored, board? Seriously... this is the sixth or seventh time i've run into that on the internet today)

There was a Venus Flytrap around that guy's heart!

I still like the show. It's fun.

"The Equation" (108)
Nov. 18, Tuesday (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT)

After a young music prodigy (guest star Charlie Tahan) is taken by a serial kidnapper (guest star Gillian Jacobs), it's discovered that a sequence of flashing lights appeared at the abduction, which Walter links back to his bunkmate (guest star Randall Duk Kim) at St. Claire's Hospital. Much to Peter's dismay, Olivia encourages Walter to return to the mental institution, and Walter's determination to help ends up having chilling ramifications in an all-new episode.

"The Dreamscape" (109)
Nov. 25, Tuesday (9:07-10:07 PM ET/PT)

A Massive Dynamic employee (guest star Ptolemy Slocum) is so convinced he is being attacked by butterflies that he jumps out of a window to escape them, and the team is called in to investigate. Although Olivia's unexplained interaction with Agent Scott (Mark Valley) leads to breaks in the case, she is so desperate to rid her consciousness of him that she demands to go back in the tank. Meanwhile, the gig is up for Peter when a former friend and some current foes find out he's back in Boston.

And the supposed last episode of 2008...

"Safe" (110)
Dec. 2, Tuesday

While the team is investigating a series of weird-*** robberies, one of the major players gets kidnapped.

Last edited:
I fully endorse this show. If for nothing else, every now and then we get to see Mark Valley.

And Walter constantly asking for a mint under the pressure and confussion of this week's mystery was hilarious.

This continues to be my current favourite show with the whole mathematical equation = song, Walter going back to the asylum and the green, green, green, red pattern which I've been waiting for them to explain (it's turned up a couple of times before. Remember that guy in the beanie who was going after the cylinder, had that weird sound gun and tortured Peter? He had that pattern on his beanie. And The Observer had the pattern on his advanced binoculars).

I didn't notice The Observer in this episode but he was in the background when Olivia was on the phone to Peter talking about the red castle. It is interesting to note that he has been watching Olivia in the last few episodes, rather than The Pattern. Or maybe he realises that the two are related? Olivia is definitely more connected to The Pattern than we're supposed to realise. I think the writers are making us think Peter is part of it with all the hints to him being a clone/being special etc., but Olivia is the one we definitely need to watch.

I also like how so much stuff is brought up in each episode. I say this after every episode, but I really enjoy it. There's lots to talk about and lots to speculate. This is why I like JJ Abrams - look at Alias, Lost, Cloverfield - I can never stop talking or thinking about the stuff he has created.

Nice post, Proj. Last night's episode was definitely one of the stronger episodes since the first couple. The characters are all now well defined, you can tell the actors have a handle on them, and the plots are just whacked out and awesome. So far the mysteries in this show are far more interesting to me than anything I ever saw in X-Files. That isn't to say the mythology is any better or worse, but on an individual episode basis, as I said, the weird stuff in this show far outdoes any plot X-Files ever had. I think that could be in part because this show more believably explains how those events could happen given our level of technology in current society, as well as the fact its scarier because these almost alien-like technologies have been created and implemented not by aliens, but by human beings and corporations. That sends a shiver down my spine far worse than any alien autopsy or black goo ever could.

Posting while I watch the episode...

I think those butterflies are the scariest thing yet. Imagine being chased and cut by BUTTERFLIES! It would be terrible.

Olivia does have a social life! Even if it's only once every three months!

Son of a *****... did you see the plane ticket the guy bought? OCEANIC AIR. This is going to keep the people who want Lost/Fringe crossovers going for a while.

Frogs... another one of those symbols, just like the apple. They must be coming into play.

"You have to put me back in the tank." Cool. I guess I chose the right time to watch ALTERED STATES.

"Uh oh. I just got an erection." :lol:

Hmm... mysterious blue lights again. Remember when 1x04, with The Observer at the scene of the Cylinder? There were the same mysterious blue lights... what do they belong to?

One of those people in the cars looked like JJ Abrams.

The guy says The Pattern is a hoax created by Massive Dynamic to allow them to do anything they want. And William Bell is the devil. I can't wait to see who Bell actually is.

John Scott sends e-mails. Is he real? Is he imaginary? What is going on?

Having just finished Sarah Connor Chronicles and Jericho, I've decided to start torrenting this show since its name keeps popping up in all my pop-feeds because its got a lot of Internet buzz and not because I'm personally excited...

Of course, I'm hoping utterly blown away. However, I never got into Lost and I only caught pieces of Alias, so Abrams is not on my list of must-see production leads like Tim Minear or Bryan Fuller are.

I've never really read much about Fringe, but the promos don't excite me and the concept seems pretty interesting but only on the driest level: "They investigate weird science!"

So, in the least amount of spoilers can someone tell me how awesome this show is or not?

Having just finished Sarah Connor Chronicles and Jericho, I've decided to start torrenting this show since its name keeps popping up in all my pop-feeds because its got a lot of Internet buzz and not because I'm personally excited...

Of course, I'm hoping utterly blown away. However, I never got into Lost and I only caught pieces of Alias, so Abrams is not on my list of must-see production leads like Tim Minear or Bryan Fuller are.

I've never really read much about Fringe, but the promos don't excite me and the concept seems pretty interesting but only on the driest level: "They investigate weird science!"

So, in the least amount of spoilers can someone tell me how awesome this show is or not?

The first three episodes are pretty "Meh"/average. But it all turned around after the fourth episode blew my mind, and ever since then, each successive episode has gotten better and better. It's definitely the best new show of the '08-'09 television season. (And I gotta love that it all takes place in my hometown; you can even see my college in some of the shots!)

Can you access Hulu where you live? The entire series is available there, withe the premiere expiring in four days. And each episode is about 50 minutes, as there are virtually no ads, a totally new experiment that FOX is trying.

Latest posts

Back