Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

Eh, he's fine. Nobody ever dies on this show.

Well, duh.

Of course he will be fine, and yes, it will probably involve Hiro going back in time and saving him. Instead of taking it so seriously why don't you just try to enjoy the moment? Or if it's so bad, just don't watch it?

That's why I still watch the show... It's bad (like, BAD) but it's fun to watch because of the effects and subject matter.

Well, duh.

Of course he will be fine, and yes, it will probably involve Hiro going back in time and saving him. Instead of taking it so seriously why don't you just try to enjoy the moment? Or if it's so bad, just don't watch it?

Because, while I am enjoying this season (the last two episodes have been excellent, for the most part), Hiro's actions have gotten increasingly more stupid, and him stabbing Ando, once his best friend, was a moment that was dumber than the entirety of Season 2.

I don't know what to think of last night's episode. On the one hand, what was good was great - the Sylar/HRG/Claire interaction was dead-on, and I just loved the way Sylar was manipulating Claire (that's the Sylar we all know and love!); Peter is actually becoming mildly interesting now that he's essentially turning into Sylar without the awesomeness; Mama Petrelli had some nice moments, especially at the end; and even Mohinder was made passably entertaining by the very notion, however brief, that he might actually just die (he didn't, of course, but I'm convinced he has to sooner or later). And it's great that they finally answered the question of what, exactly, is up with Mr. Linderman, though Maury's whole "Here, let me explain everything I've done even though you're the one who cooked up the plan, and I'd probably have reported to you way before now about everything I've done" speech was a tad ridiculous.

Once again, though, Hiro's storyline was incredibly weak. Adam Monroe, a fantastic and interesting character, has been made into the worst kind of comic relief; I don't know if I'll be able to take him seriously any more. And stabbing Ando? Come on, do the creators of this show really think that we believe that's gonna stick for even half a second?

In the end, the Sylar stuff redeemed the episode some of its weaknesses, but I can't get over the gross misuse of Adam and the continued bungling of Hiro's storyline.

Oh, and I want someone to explain to me why the Company can't just destroy the formula. Why cut it in half, where it's bound to get put back together? This isn't a criticism, I just really want to know.

Oh, and I want someone to explain to me why the Company can't just destroy the formula. Why cut it in half, where it's bound to get put back together? This isn't a criticism, I just really want to know.

The company has always been about control and power... that's some serious power.

Maybe I am enjoying this more because I watch it in a room full of people who are not comic fans. The rehashed story lines, the logic we have all been seasoned to look around, the goofiness of characterization goes right over their heads sometimes (especially the rehashing of stories). It's so much fun to just sit back and hypothesize without scrutinizing. Yeah, the show has plot holes the size of Asia but it is still a good time.

Maybe I am enjoying this more because I watch it in a room full of people who are not comic fans. The rehashed story lines, the logic we have all been seasoned to look around, the goofiness of characterization goes right over their heads sometimes (especially the rehashing of stories). It's so much fun to just sit back and hypothesize without scrutinizing. Yeah, the show has plot holes the size of Asia but it is still a good time.

I agree.

If act like a comic book reader all the time you never enjoy anything.

I agree.

I don't really care about the rehashed plot lines, but the leaps in logic are. . .well, ridiculous. And the character assassinations in the last couple of episodes are just horrible.

My best friend's (now a Freshman in College) acting teacher is Alan Blumenfeld, the guy who plays Maury. That's just all kinds of awesome. He was, without a doubt, the greatest part of the dreaded Season 2. It's just too bad my friend doesn't watch Heroes.

I agree.

Ironically i've been thinking to myself how this season the show has approached a comic-book type of vibe more and more. Albeit a flash-over-substance type of comic. Nonsensically stupid, yet sill watchable, if you can dumb your expectations down a little.

I just can't believe they got Bubbles from The Wire and Weevil from Veronica Mars only to kill them all off immediately.

The company has always been about control and power... that's some serious power.

Ah, that makes sense. I see where they're coming from with that.

I agree.

If you act like a comic book reader all the time you never enjoy anything.

Now see, I agree with that to a certain extent, but at the same time, the logical inconsistencies in a show should never detract from my enjoyment of it, and with Heroes, it does. I can accept the problems that say, Battlestar Galactica has, because it is so frakkin' awesome. Not so much with Heroes.

I maintain that if a show is truly great, you shouldn't have to use the defense of, "just don't think about it too much." Now, I'm not trying to say that Heroes is even attempting to be deep, or is pretending to be anything other than over-the-top fun, but there comes a point where you have to be critical of it, where you have to sit down and say, "Look, this makes no sense."

I guess the bottom line is, I refuse to exempt anything from scrutiny simply on the basis of "it's just supposed to be entertainment." I can look past blatant flaws for a while on that basis, but my patience only extends so far.

Jeph Loeb. Ruined The Ultimates. Ruined Heroes. Simultaneously in one year. Simply incredible. He should write a movie for Brett Ratner and produced by Joel Silver. It will be the worst, most over hyped piece of crap to ever hit the screen. But it will look real cool and have lots of explosions.

This is old(ish) news, but seeing as I don't think it's been mentioned here, I found this news story that says Emmy-winning actor Zeljko Ivanek is going to have a role on Heroes in Volume Four.
Apparently, he's going to hunt the heroes down after they become "fugitives." Or something like that.

Personally, I think it's great news. He was simply astonishing on Damages, and totally deserved that Emmy (please don't eat my soul, Michael Emerson supporters!). I think it'll be great to see him on Heroes.

So this was definitely the best episode of the season so far.

First, the dislikes (first because there are so few).

- I didn't like it when Adam died. I've made no secret of my love for this character, and he was essentially completely mishandled. He was played for comic relief in the episode before this, and in this one he was just an annoying coward. Disappointing.

- Mohinder needs to die. NOW. They keep teasing us with it, and it just needs to happen. Please, please, let Tracy just freeze him so that he can crack and fall apart. Preferably in slow motion. With Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" playing in the background.

- I really want to see Sylar using something besides telekinesis. There's a theory floating around that maybe he lost all his other abilities, which may be true, but come on ... if he really wanted to stop Peter, could he not have used the ability to manipulate sound? Or maybe turn his coat into an extremely heavy metal? I don't know, I just want him to do something else.

And that's pretty much it for the negatives. Things I liked:

- Hiro and Ando were finally interesting again, mostly because they actually had something to do. I'll admit it was a little over-the-top with Hiro teleporting into what appears to be a magic shop that also, coincidentally, has everything he needs to fake Ando's death. But their banter was fun, and the crazy African dude ("African Isaac" as Hiro calls him, and until I can remember his name, so will I) was completely right: they seriously need to grow up. Here's hoping they take the lesson to heart.

- They made something mildly interesting out of Matt's sorry excuse for a storyline, and his talking to the turtle ("High five turtle!") seemed to indicate to me that the writers must have realized how ridiculous it was, and just decided to play it for laughs, which was totally the right move. Although, frankly, he came off a little creepy when talking to Daphne. But I guess you would if you knew for a fact that person would end up your wife.

- The Puppet Man was awesome. A very creepy dude, played by a very creepy actor. And it was nice to see Claire's mom getting in on the action. Just a very well-executed storyline all around.

- FINALLY Peter is de-powered. I don't know if it will stick (doubtful), or even if Peter will be able to stand on his own as a character with no powers to angst about, but at least now he won't be a walking, talking plot hole (unfortunately, that title has now passed to Dad, who, with the ability to manipulate time, could theoretically just blow up the world without anyone even knowing it's going on. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there).

The guy that they have playing Daddy Petrelli is already perfect. He LOOKS like a villain. I don't get why he didn't just suck the powers out of everyone he has working for him once he woke up, but maybe he's getting to it.

I hated to see Adam Monroe go. Maybe Hiro will bring him back?

I also hope the puppeteer isn't done, because that's a pretty awesome power to have, and something that can possibly be used against Daddy Petrelli.

Peter will get his powers back, it's just a question of how Gabriel is involved.

Parkman was creepy but I think he acted pretty normal considering the circumstance. I don't really care for her; I don't get the appeal. She's annoying.

Great episode.

If by "here" you mean Daphne, I'm with you, E. They pitched her like she was going to be Hiro's nemesis when, really, that should've been Adam. He was a personal villain and a difficult one to take care of at that... Well, at least for a while.

Anyway, I still have to watch this episode...

Oh, and I'm real, real glad that they took Micah and his cousin out. How much better is the show without them? It would be infinitely better if they just got rid of Mohinder now.

Latest posts

Back