Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

So this was definitely the best episode of the season so far.

First, the dislikes (first because there are so few).

- I didn't like it when Adam died. I've made no secret of my love for this character, and he was essentially completely mishandled. He was played for comic relief in the episode before this, and in this one he was just an annoying coward. Disappointing.

- Mohinder needs to die. NOW. They keep teasing us with it, and it just needs to happen. Please, please, let Tracy just freeze him so that he can crack and fall apart. Preferably in slow motion. With Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" playing in the background.

- I really want to see Sylar using something besides telekinesis. There's a theory floating around that maybe he lost all his other abilities, which may be true, but come on ... if he really wanted to stop Peter, could he not have used the ability to manipulate sound? Or maybe turn his coat into an extremely heavy metal? I don't know, I just want him to do something else.

And that's pretty much it for the negatives. Things I liked:

- Hiro and Ando were finally interesting again, mostly because they actually had something to do. I'll admit it was a little over-the-top with Hiro teleporting into what appears to be a magic shop that also, coincidentally, has everything he needs to fake Ando's death. But their banter was fun, and the crazy African dude ("African Isaac" as Hiro calls him, and until I can remember his name, so will I) was completely right: they seriously need to grow up. Here's hoping they take the lesson to heart.

- They made something mildly interesting out of Matt's sorry excuse for a storyline, and his talking to the turtle ("High five turtle!") seemed to indicate to me that the writers must have realized how ridiculous it was, and just decided to play it for laughs, which was totally the right move. Although, frankly, he came off a little creepy when talking to Daphne. But I guess you would if you knew for a fact that person would end up your wife.

- The Puppet Man was awesome. A very creepy dude, played by a very creepy actor. And it was nice to see Claire's mom getting in on the action. Just a very well-executed storyline all around.

- FINALLY Peter is de-powered. I don't know if it will stick (doubtful), or even if Peter will be able to stand on his own as a character with no powers to angst about, but at least now he won't be a walking, talking plot hole (unfortunately, that title has now passed to Dad, who, with the ability to manipulate time, could theoretically just blow up the world without anyone even knowing it's going on. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there).

Yeah, I pretty mush agree with all of that. Although I would like to say that the characters do not need so many powers, I get Sylar and Peter, but does everybody get to paint the future now?

Just caught up and watched all six episodes TODAY. Sheesh.

Exhilarating but disappointing.

Exhilarating in that some major problems in the show have been solved and disappointing in that they've done some stupid-*** things.

- I didn't like it when Adam died. I've made no secret of my love for this character, and he was essentially completely mishandled. He was played for comic relief in the episode before this, and in this one he was just an annoying coward. Disappointing.

This move is enough to make me want to quit the show, to be honest.

Adam is, by far, one of the best things in the show. He's a genuinely interesting villain and a perfect counterpoint to Hiro.

Hiro is the naive guy, who keeps stumbling into an oncoming apocalypse that will happen if he doesn't do something - unfortunately, he's so powerful he's not able to control it and every time he tries to change the future (or past), he has the potential to mess things up. Hiro's greatest ambition is to be a hero of destiny. He is constantly given that chance by a power he has. And that power is the main reason he can fail. It's delightfully tragic.

Adam is the ancient immortal who has lived for hundreds of years and is continually trying to destroy the future. He is an ancient threat that recurs to destroy the future. Not only must the future be known to avert his plans, but his plans have been laid down for decades and they create a mystery to unravel not only in the future, but in the past. All this, and Hiro is the reason he exists at all.

Plus, David Anders and Masi Oka have terrific on-screen chemistry. David Anders' Adam is a superb character.

And they've pissed him away. They turned him into a joke and then a cowardly punk.

The man is 400 years old. He created the Company.

Mr Petrelli is convincingly 'evil' and magnetic. But Adam was terrifying.

Seriously - I am so disappointed. I can only hope they bring him back some way because... Christ, look what they've done to Sylar.

- Mohinder needs to die. NOW. They keep teasing us with it, and it just needs to happen. Please, please, let Tracy just freeze him so that he can crack and fall apart. Preferably in slow motion. With Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" playing in the background.

Poor Mohinder. I feel the Loeb on him.

- I really want to see Sylar using something besides telekinesis. There's a theory floating around that maybe he lost all his other abilities, which may be true, but come on ... if he really wanted to stop Peter, could he not have used the ability to manipulate sound? Or maybe turn his coat into an extremely heavy metal? I don't know, I just want him to do something else.

There's gonna be lots of telekinesis because it's a cheap power to shoot. It's actually a pretty cool power, but it's very cheap to do so there'll be more. ****, if *I* were Kring, I'd use his tk a lot too. It's a smart move.

- The Puppet Man was awesome. A very creepy dude, played by a very creepy actor. And it was nice to see Claire's mom getting in on the action. Just a very well-executed storyline all around.

I assumed the Puppet Man would be "pulling the strings", get it? But no. He's just a rape metaphor. :/

- FINALLY Peter is de-powered. I don't know if it will stick (doubtful), or even if Peter will be able to stand on his own as a character with no powers to angst about, but at least now he won't be a walking, talking plot hole (unfortunately, that title has now passed to Dad, who, with the ability to manipulate time, could theoretically just blow up the world without anyone even knowing it's going on. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there).

I have said, for a while, that Peter is a terrible character. The actor who plays him does a sterling job - he really does - but the character's rubbish. Not only is he a dull, overly-emotional whiner, but his power means no villain can ever truly threaten him (case in point: he beats the tar out of Sylar). So far, they've only had Peter not go around smashing everyone in sight by either making him "too good to use his powers properly" or he's mind-numbingly stupid. They got so desperate they gave him AMNESIA (yeesh). I've said that he needs to be depowered or turned into a villain.

It's amusing that they did BOTH in the first six episodes. Finally, no more Peter Petrelli. I hope the actor stays on as Peter and Peter has stuff to do. Now, the character can grow. And in a smart move, they've made an extremely powerful villain who, just by meeting the heroes, can trump them every time. That's a smart move.

I do expect Peter to get them back. Maybe when Papa Petrelli dies, they get their powers back (and that means Adam too), or maybe because Peter copies everyone's powers he also has Papa Petrelli's power-stealing ability? I dunno.

Some other good things: Hiro and Ando are brilliant and hysterical. Especially the attempts to kidnap the African. Had me howling. I also like Parkman a great deal. (The African has been an awesome thing in every way really.) The new villains are surprising because they're all really quite good. The pyrokinetic hasn't been developed yet, but Knox is good, so is the Puppet master, and especially Daphne are really quite good. Angela Petrelli's pretty good too and it's good we finally know her power. (What was Kaito's?!) Also, the skill-copying girl isn't around. (Yes!) And Elle is still hot. I'm glad she isn't dead. Also, the vortex guy (Bubbles from The Wire) was really very good indeed.

Some stupid things: Sylar being a good guy. Angela Petrelli tells him she's his mum and suddenly he wants to be a good guy. Sylar has become Venom. A super cool predator villain who the fans liked so much, the writers neutered him and turned him into a good guy. Sylar, after season one, shouldn't have come back for at least half a year. He should have had the big dramatic villainous return. Instead he showed up without powers, was lame for 12 episodes, and is now in a buddy cop movie co-starring Noah Bennet. It's a testament to Zachary Quinto because he's really, really, captivating no matter what the hell he's doing.

In an irony, Mohinder being a villain is also stupid. It comes out of the blue and is completely against his character. Yes, he worked for the company, but the one thing Mohinder never did was do tests on people. He never would. Having him do that requires a MAJOR change in character which they didn't do. He just injected himself and went crazy. Maybe it's because his power made him evil. Apparently they do that.

Seriously. Sylar's power makes him evil is the lamest ****ing excuse for a face turn I've ever seen.

Maya's also stopped being interesting. I love how contradictory Heroes can be. One scene, Maya's almost going to kill Suresh out of fear for her power. The next, she's cleaning up after him and going out on her own doing the shopping.

It's as if she forgot that she lives in terror that if she loses it a bit she'll kill everything around her and, oh yes, the BRAIN EATING PSYOCOPATH WHO KILLED HER BROTHER IS STILL LOOKING FOR HER. Remember her first scene, where she BASHES Mohinder on the head because she's terrified it might be Sylar?

Also, remember how Mohinder says, "I've tried Maya, but I can't cure you." Then Maya does what she did in EVERY SCENE in the previous season and Mohinder acts like its NEW INFORMATION that he can use to recreate The Fly.

These characters turn on a six-pence.

And dammit - does EVERYONE HAVE TO BE RELATED?

Mama Petrelli was a goddam whore. No wonder he husband pretended to kill himself and then paralyzed her.

Another stupid thing: The African is an Isaac clone. Angela Petrelli sees the future. While Peter's dreams being his mum's power makes sense (it would be the first power he inherits after all), and Hiro's "Mister African-Isaac" line was wonderful, I'm bored of this. Every season follows the same ****ing pattern of the future promising an apocalypse. Something NEW would be nice. It's the same schtick every "volume". What's more annoying is that IF you're going to plan a big story arc and you need Isaac around, don't kill him off. They killed him off, but then needed him to paint more pictures so they found a secret stash of his pictures in season 2. That's cool, and an inventive solution. Now they want another set of paintings (I assume Tim Sale HAS to draw stuff for Loeb all the time) so they just bring another Isaac into the show. Granted, he's a cool counterpoint in terms of his character to Isaac, but goddam it, stop repeating yourselves. Enough with the precog apocalypse. You have Hiro. You need the future to show up, Hiro's there. Also, considering how hard it is to defeat a precog, Mama Petrelli seems to fall victim to it pretty easily.

I also miss Bob. He kinda just didn't get his contract renewed.

Claire's kinda rubbish. I don't think the actress is either being given enough direction or she's just not very good. Every scene she's in, she replaces emotion with tears and a stern face. She's young, and it's possible no one's telling her what she's doing wrong. She's not awful, but she's considerably weaker than those around her. I think it might be a combination of her lack of acting experience plus crappy scripts because - damn, she's a bland character. I saw Buffy. Years ago. Please - something new. I really wish Papa Petrelli took her powers rather than Adam's.

And you know what? That would've been AWESOME. Claire, at the moment, is desperately concerned with who she is or if she's even human. She gets taken to see her grandfather, hoping to make sense of her world. And he steals her power. Now, she can feel pain again and she's not able to regenerate any more. THAT WOULD'VE BEEN A GOOD DEVELOPMENT.

It brings up another hole in Adam's death: If Papa Petrelli took Claire's powers, would he toe fall off? Would her burns from the nuclear explosion return? See - here's the thing: how does turning off Adam's power RESET his life? Surely it just stops WORKING. It doesn't retroactively remove it. If Papa Petrelli took Claire's powers, she'd be as she is - all the healing she's taken so far would still count, she just couldn't do it any more and would age normally. Same for Adam. Suddenly him aging 400 years DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Peter lost his ability to heal. The scar on his head from Sylar should come back.

Oh, and here's another frickin' hole in Adam's death: Adam could've just GIVEN HIM SOME BLOOD and brought him back to full health. HE DOESN'T NEED TO STEAL HIS POWERS. He could've had a ****ing awesome ally... There's no need for Adam's death. It's just a stupid shock move to make the new villain seem more hardcore because they've no ideas for Adam. Bull****. I want a retcon.

Claire also brings up another stupid thing: the show thinks we don't pay attention. The scene where Claire's mum shoots her: Claire and Meredith are scared and crying. Why? They KNOW SHE CAN'T DIE. At what point did they think WE WOULDN'T GET IT? Hiro OBVIOUSLY didn't kill Ando. The show keeps acting like we've forgotten who has what powers and the characters seem to forget too.

So, in conclusion: some pretty good stuff, some pretty boring stuff, some stupid stuff, and then some really idiotic stuff LIKE KILLING OFF ADAM.

I'll show you why: Five 'volumes' that only work if Adam's the villain:

1. "HEIRS"

Heroes starts again: a brand new cast of normal people start developing powers. Except this time - they're told why.

Adam's blood doesn't just heal - if they have no powers, the blood activates their latent talents. Activating a very specific and small group of manageable people, he begins killing many other heroes.

The series spins round and goes from the regular cast of Heroes POVs as they start trying to put the pieces together as a string of 'hero' murders are committed. They discover something startling: the powers do not appear as random elements across the globe - there is a definite progression. Almost like a spreading contagion. And they start to notice that not only is the geographical location progressive - but so are the powers. The powers generated in a single place are meant to combine together to do something greater. Each pocket not only has certain unique powers, but there's a repetition of certain powers. And there's more - the powers are directly tied to the person's personality. There is a recurring cycle of activations. And there's always three powers duplicated: the precognative painter; the guy who "knows how things work"; and the empath that copies powers.

Adam Munroe is going around continually creating super teams until he creates the perfect combination. The painter fills the only gap in his vast knowledge; the future. The one weapon Hiro has against him. The watchmaker always helps him form a cohesive group, finding the next person he needs. And the empath is a back up if any of them should die.

Adam, after hundreds of years has finally created the perfect team of super villains (the brand new cast at the beginning) - turning regular people into devils. And then he goes to work culling all the other heroes in existence.

All these powers - it's a genealogical experiment descended from Adam. Now the family tree is bearing fruit, he's pruning away everything he doesn't need.

And he'll do it. He does it every 100 years.

2. "CORPSES"

An entire ward of cancer patients is miraculously healed. Homes for the handicapped are suddenly filled with completely perfect people. And people start rising from the grave... but not as zombies. Good as new. As if not a day went past. At first, the company try to keep a lid on the few cases where it shows up, but it starts to spread beyond their control. Lots of people are rising from the dead. It starts to become a recurring urban myth. The heroes discover it's actually not 'just happening' - it's traveling across the globe (which is why it's not a undisputed fact worldwide). Treating it like a virus, Mohinder tries to study the next place the resurrections will strike before they start so he can work out what's going on. Along the way, their are super powered villains who try to stop them. Eventually, it's discovered that they're doing this on someone's behalf because their loved ones are brought back to them. Huge potentials for dealing with immortality and resurrection in the normal lives of our heroes and normal people. Behind it all is Adam Munroe. Using his endless supply of blood and pouring it into the soils of graveyards and into water supplies, he's completely destabilizing the world by bringing back the dead. The eventual over population and lack of mortality will crumble society and culture and he'll restructure it to his own whim. When Hiro and the rest confront him, he has a casket next to him - with Kaito Nakamura in it. Hiro, is of course, the hero and tells Adam to go to hell. That's when Adam unleashes an army of famous villains from history - who have ALL BEEN HIS PERSONAL FRIENDS. Okay, maybe this last bit is too much but still... Hiro, Matt Parkman, and Nathan Petrelli vs Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler, and Jack the Ripper is too ****ing awesome.

3. "DOMINOES"

The President of the United States is killed. By being turned to frickin' ice. In the middle of July. The guy in charge of the investigation of just HOW the president died stumbles onto the company and the whole "people have powers" thing. And we're brought into this world where super powered people are used as WEAPONS. The President was assassinated by a super powered guy, and the continuing proliferation of these superpowered people reveals an unseen shadow war between superpowered illuminati. Their war rages on, the battlefields thought of only as natural disasters: super strong mercenaries pound each other causing an earthquake; super speedsters cause tsunami and hurricanes - all these terrible atrocities carried out in a vast game of cat and mouse. Shadowy super powered group versus another shadowy super powered group. The Company is one of many. And all of them were founded by Adam Munroe. Every single one. The plague was just a diversion to keep people unaware of what Adam's been up to for the last 400 years as he's set up and brought down civilisation after civilisation: He's the architect of armageddon. World War Three is on its way. Dictators and leaders fuelled by the promise of immortality feel there are no consequences for their war mongering actions. The doomsday clock ticks towards midnight. Can even Hiro turn it back?

4. "CURSES"

In each continent of the world, a major outbreak occurs. A virulent plague. Terrible earthquakes. Land turning to desert. As the outbreaks pulsate, the powers of the specials at those locations fluctuate too; they either disappear (at bad times) or spiral completely out of control. The Company falls apart because as their loyal workers become unstable, the unstable inmates break free. It's mayhem. Trying to work out what's going on, locating the epicenter, the 'ground zero' for the events, they discover that each and every single one is visited by Adam Munroe. In a specific order. And it's in that order these disasters have occurred. Tracking down and finding Adam (either because he's still in the coffin or they use Molly), the heroes try to make him somehow stop these outbreaks. These outbreaks are Adam's insurance policy. If he doesn't visit these locations at specific times, the curses will tear apart the planet. What are the curses? Adam claims they're divine curses of ancient gods and monsters whom he appeases with tribute. And he's not giving it any more. In the last 50 years, he's been imprisoned and buried in a coffin. To hell with them all. Can the heroes work out what the tribute is (if Adam's telling the truth) and appease the curses before they tear the world apart?

5. "MEMORIES"

2020. It's the last battle between the Heroes and the forces of Adam Munroe. Global despot, he's tracked the heroes down to their secret moon lair. He wins. But Nathan Petrelli manages to cut Adam in the last moments of the fight, and as he dies, he flies as fast as he can to where there's a cryogenic, perfectly preserved corpse of Hiro. Putting the blood into Hiro, he resurrects him and tells him what's happening. Hiro sees Munroe kill Nathan and travels back in time just before Munroe kills him.

2010. Hiro appears in the past. Munroe has just become a global leader. Everyone likes him. Hiro has to try and stop the coming troubles.

The series is in reverse. Told in small blocks of two or three episodes, each episode focuses on a different time period as Hiro keeps travelling further back in time trying to stop Munroe's rise to power. A war through time is waged as Munroe fights from the past and Hiro fights from the future. Hiro's every turn is preempted by Munroe, who has access to the many precognitives across the world. But there's something even more sinister about it - Munroe's tactical skills at defeating Hiro are continually ingenious and unpredictable. The way every single one of Hiro's actions seem to only benefit Adam is terrifying.

It's because Adam Munroe's entire plan for global domination came from Hiro. Hiro TOLD HIM HOW TO DO IT by TRYING TO STOP IT. The series progresses farther and farther back until we get to the 1940s in which Hiro and Adam duel. Hiro's desperate: he's at the very focal point of all the strife that is to come. And every action he takes only puts the future into motion. He creates the Company. He helps Adam Munroe invent the technological research that lets him take control of the planet. Can Hiro change anything or is destiny inevitable?

I really miss Adam Munroe. :(

Last edited:
Holy ****, that's a lot of text.

I don't watch Heroes anymore but Adam Munroe sounded like a great character with lots of potential. And David Anders is fantastic. I loved him in Alias.

Bass, you hit the nail on the head. I'm not as big a fan as you are of Adam, but I did like him. Thought he was a better nemesis to hero than this Daphne character. They made her out to be his rival... For all of two episodes, if that. Now, she's moved on to make Parkman more interesting because he's got no real purpose other than following a turtle right now.

The biggest thing about this season is Sylar. They did take everything cool about him. What's with that?

You guys rag on this turtle storyline but like I said before, I really like it. It makes the powers mean more I think. The first two seasons were nothing but science science science and they are kind of approaching this from a "what if they mean something else" kind of angle. It reminds me of Y- The Last Man in that regard; where they open it up to not necessarily being one thing. I really like the faith aspect and I like how they are doing it with Matt... He has also given us the best one liners this season besides Ando and Hiro

Holy ****, that's a lot of text.

I don't watch Heroes anymore but Adam Munroe sounded like a great character with lots of potential. And David Anders is fantastic. I loved him in Alias.

I'm tempted to watch Alias just for him. (Well... him and Jennifer Garner.)

Yep, and I wonder why the hell isn't Bass writing anything for these people, or ANY people

Also Bass, you plot for "Volume 2. "CORPSES"" sounds awfully familiar...

I probably stole it from somewhere.

Bass, MEMORIES would have been frickking awesome.

In theory.

In theory, communism works... in theory.

I actually think, of the five, HEIRS is strongest. MEMORIES could be awesome but do you have any idea how ****ing hard it would be to make that WORK? You'd have to pretty much write the entire season before the first episode aired. :p

Bass, you hit the nail on the head. I'm not as big a fan as you are of Adam, but I did like him. Thought he was a better nemesis to hero than this Daphne character. They made her out to be his rival... For all of two episodes, if that. Now, she's moved on to make Parkman more interesting because he's got no real purpose other than following a turtle right now.

The biggest thing about this season is Sylar. They did take everything cool about him. What's with that?

I was really thinking why Adam Munroe's death pisses me off so much. It's not the potential as there are a dozen ways to get him back. The primary one being that Hiro frees him from the coffin a day before he does here, and then, and some later date, returns him to the coffin. There's also the fact that any scene in the past can still have Munroe in it. And, any of Munroe's plans could still be actually coming to conclusion now. There's so much there, actually killing him doesn't mean we've seen the last of him. So it's not the wasted potential. Nor is that it was that I liked him. I liked Nathan Petrelli and thought he was dead at the end of season 1. Same for Sylar and Noah Bennet. I liked Linderman and Isaac too.

The problem is not that he died and there was so much to do and he was awesome, etc, but rather he died for a ****ing stupid reason: They killed him off to make the new villain seem badass.

Think about it - there is no need for Arthur Petrelli to be hospitalized. None at all. He gets immortality from Peter Petrelli. The only reason Munroe is needed at all, is to get Petrelli out of the bed - and he never needs to be in it. (Also, why doesn't the regeneration make him 30 years old again?)

No, they have Munroe, the big bad, show up and they have Arthur Petrelli kill him so that we can a) see his power work and b) show how badass he is.

I can get my groove on with a). The hug scene at the end doesn't have the same obvious sense of foreboding if you don't know Arthur Petrelli can steal powers. And Munroe's death is a particularly brilliant spectacle to show that power. But there's a thousand options, or at least... a dozen; when you consider what happened on level 5. That's their excuse to do it.

As for b)... Adam Munroe was a terror for season 2 and all he did was live a long time. Remember how Hiro beats him in the past and leaves him to burn? Up until this point what has Munroe done? He's tried to be a hero, failed, betrayed Hiro, and then LOST to Hiro. Then, the next time we see him, he just says, "Hello, Peter" and we all **** our pants because we realise HE CAN'T DIE and HE'S BEHIND EVERYTHING. Sylar HAUNTED the first season and we couldn't even tell what he did or what he looked like for the first half a dozen episodes. He went round just killing normal people and then eating their brains!

The whole "villain #2 kills villain #1" as a kind of villainous food chain is lazy, and clumsy. Not only does it create plot holes in this case, but it's a shallow and cheap shock tool, especially when you consider how much ****ing screen time Sylar is getting and how desperate they are to make him a series regular (I call bull**** on Sylar's heritage - ****ing stupid).

Regardless, Arthur Petrelli IS a pretty exciting villain. And his introductory episode WAS good. I just think Munroe's death was a rather pointless sacrifice when you consider how many alternatives there were.

But to be honest, the death irks me more and more because it brings up a couple of things in the show I can't stand: One is the contradictory nature of characters as they seem to forget what happened in the previous episode. The best example is Hiro: In season 2 he became a time-travelling samurai legend. Now, he's bumbling around. I don't mind the comic relief, what I do mind is that I keep wondering, "WHERE IS HIS ****ING SWORD". Him losing to the precog was fine. His stuff with Daphne is also fine. But he has a sword and knows how to ****ing own anyone with it.

The other thing is the repetitiveness. They kill Isaac, and suddenly we get a whole slew of new precogs. Everyone's immortal. Everyone's related to the ****ing Petrelli family. We lose Niki, but it's okay, there's two more Ali Larter parts. Every volume works the same ****ing way:

Peter Petrelli and Hiro Nakamura get a vision of the future. There's a big bad thing about to happen this year. They have to stop it.

Seriously, it's cut and paste ****. Volume 1 was a "bomb". Volume 2 was a "plague". Volume 3 is a "formula". The repetitiveness comes from a total lack of balls. Every season promises that the WORLD WILL CHANGE IRREVOCABLY unless the heroes stop it. And stop it they do, but no big change happens. The series is continually saying, "These people will CHANGE the world" but actually, all they do is STOP change from happening. Third season and the world is the same as always.

Each volume is a goddam 12 hour Columbo episode with lightning.

(I bolded that because I think it's funny.)

That "five year" future or "four year" future or whatever - none of it has even STARTED to happen. We're in the third year and everything still feels like it's the first year. We should've had major changes like: Nathan's president by now; Peter has his scar; the world knows super powers frickin' exist, and so on. It's a big ****ing tease.

Truth is, there's a lot to Heroes I like, particularly the finale to the first season. But what annoys me is that they meticulously planned season 1 and since then, it's becoming apparent that they are now winging it. I don't mind shows with no direction, I just can't stand shows that claim to have direction and actually don't (Lost, Galactica, X-Files... I'm looking at you).

And while I think it's being to damn coy, I actually think that it'll pay off a lot more than I'm currently giving it credit for. I do have hope it'll get better. For me, these 6 episodes are probably the second best "chunk" of episodes we've had (the finale to season 1 being the best so far), so it's not like Heroes has gotten WORSE. I think they've fixed more than they've ****ed.

It's entertaining and I'm looking forward to seeing how the season plays out.

You guys rag on this turtle storyline but like I said before, I really like it. It makes the powers mean more I think. The first two seasons were nothing but science science science and they are kind of approaching this from a "what if they mean something else" kind of angle. It reminds me of Y- The Last Man in that regard; where they open it up to not necessarily being one thing. I really like the faith aspect and I like how they are doing it with Matt... He has also given us the best one liners this season besides Ando and Hiro

I don't get the hate for the turtle. I love Parkman. He's absolutely one of the finest things in the show. He's love for Daphne is a brilliant twist on the future prophecy - instead of him trying to prevent an apocalypse, he's trying to make sure he's gonna get a family. And the turtle element is funny and appropriate when you consider he's chasing after a super speedster. I really like it.

Think about it - there is no need for Arthur Petrelli to be hospitalized. None at all. He gets immortality from Peter Petrelli.

What am I missing here? He didn't get Peter's powers until after he was better (after he killed Adam).

What am I missing here? He didn't get Peter's powers until after he was better (after he killed Adam).

Well, if Peter Petrelli saw his dad attached to a life support machine, I reckon the first thing he might do is rush over and grab his father's hand.

And then his father steals his powers.

It would be awesome and you know it.

Secondly, I actually mean there's no story reason requiring Arthur Petrelli to be bed-ridden. There is nothing that's happened in the show that requires him to be bed-ridden. He could be sitting in a swivel chair in a penthouse looking all Linderman-esque when the Nightmare man comes to see him.

1) How the **** is it so easy to manipulate Sylar? I was all for him trying to take the better path in life and all that nonsense, but seriously? Maybe next we'll have someone else show up and convince him to just be mean and evil again.

2) Why they haven't made Elle Bishop a regular character is beyond me.

3) I am pretty much in love with Daphne

Sylar is obviously playing Arthur Petrelli. Which is stupid. It's as stupid as the Daphne double-crossing Parkman thing, or Arthur Petrelli crossing Nightmare man (who blatantly, isn't dead and did the whole 'brain mojo' trick).

YOU CAN'T BETRAY SOMEONE WHO CAN READ YOUR MIND.

Parkman found out about his father's death by READING Daphne's mind... but didn't find out about her deception? BULL****. Who plans to double-cross a mind reader by RELYING on the fact they'll read their mind? Nightmare man can read Arthur Petrelli's mind - and Petrelli betrays him. BULL****. Sylar is double-crossing Arthur Petrelli who can - you guessed it - READ HIS MIND. BULL****.

Also - why did Claire not give Peter some of her blood so he'd heal instantaneously? Instead, poor Peter is forced to spend probably hours in terrible agony because the girl WHO FEELS NO PAIN can't be arsed to cut open her wrist. BULL****.

Why did Claire take Elle on a ****ING PLANE? Do you have to be a precog in this show to understand that an electrically unstable power source is not a good thing to take on a plane?! BULL****.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of Elle - I noticed that her inability to control her power seemed to fluctuate depending on how convenient it was for the writers.

Maya has left the show, fully retconning season 2 out of the series. BULL****. (I bet she turns out to be the 'purity' that can kill Arthur Petrelli since she's supposed to be able to kill the 'devil' - speaking of which, I always thought the 'kill the devil' line would be how Adam Munroe died since... y'know, he's immortal.)

Basically - this episode was total bull****. Total cockteasing wankery. And next episode is going to be a big flashback so nothing will happen for a fortnight. How long did we have to wait for the obvious "Matt's brainorizing you, Knox" reveal? BULL****.

And Mohinder is rubbish, but the only one who really seems to remember Sylar's a bad guy.

Season 2 totally never happened did it? The black mimic girl? Gone. Maya? Gone. Adam and Hiro's sword? Gone. Bob, the head of the company? Gone. The only thing from season 2 still left standing is electrocutie, Elle. And it seems like she's gonna lose all her powers, but then, maybe not. Apparently, if you're hot, and blonde, you CANNOT DIE ON THIS SHOW. Meredith - hot blonde. Daphne - hot blonde. Simone - black and totally dead. Molly - blonde but too young to be hot, gone. Claire - hot blonde (jailbait's fine). Elle - hot blonde. Maya - mexican, gone forever. Eve - redhead means deadhead. Charlie - redhead means no head. Niki - hot blonde, but she died so they brought her back as a completely different character. Adam Munroe - hot blonde but a man, so he's dead too.

"HOT BLONDES CANNOT DIE", so speaks Tim Kring.

And what the hell is Arthur Petrelli's plan? That scene was rubbish where Peter confronts him about the plan:

Peter: "I know you're gonna give everyone powers - it destroys the world, according to my evil future self even though I never saw said destruction, but Hiro did and even though I don't know he knows I know."
Arthur: "Oh, I knew that. And I knew you knew I knew you knew."
Peter: "But I didn't. I only knew that you knew. Did you know that?"
Arthur: "Ah, Mystery Men. I used to love watching that with you, my son."
Peter: "I loved it too, dad. But you know - you're a psycho."
Arthur: "Well, I'm not going to give the world powers."
Peter: "You'll destroy the world by giving everyone powers!"
Arthur: "But... I don't want to give everyone powers... didn't you hear?"
Peter: "It's where what you're doing leads!"
Arthur: "Well then... maybe you can help by making sure it doesn't happen."
Peter: "No! You'll destroy the world with what you're doing!"
Arthur: "What am I doing?"
Peter: "... Uh... I don't know. It's not important! It'll destroy the world!"
Arthur: "No. It won't."
Peter: "It totally will."
Arthur: "Look, I'm 100% certain it won't destroy the world. That's why I've tried to kill every precog out there. I don't want any bad omens ruining my positive thinking."
Peter: "You killed all of them?!"
Arthur: "Your mother's in a coma, which is kinda dead. I've got your powers, so you're useless. Isaac's dead. The only two precogs left are Hiro and the African guy. And I sent Hiro to kill the African guy."
Peter: "... This makes sense to you?"
Arthur: "I'm a big bad, Peter. I have a vast, complex plan. It's so complex you can't comprehend it. That's why I can do completely contradictory things that don't make sense. Because I see the big picture."
Peter: "What is the big picture?"
Arthur: "I don't know. Isaac never finished painting it."
Peter: "This is ****ing weak, dad. And I'll stop your plan, whatever it is!"
Arthur: "Peter, I want you in on this plan. I want you to be a part of it. I want to tell you all about it."
Peter: "I'm too filled with moral outrage to listen to the details of your plan! Just know that I'll stop it!"
Arthur: "You're a dumb boy, Peter. You're grounded."
Peter: "**** you, dad! It's my room and I'll do what I want with it!"

Seriously. Peter wants to stop the master plan. He doesn't know what it is. His dad tries to tell him. Peter tells him to go to hell.

Bull**** episode.

I can only assume "Eris Quod Sum" stands for "Bull**** Bull**** Bull****".

Last edited:
No.

It's "Bull**** Bull**** Bull****."

I saw the episode. I know what it means.

Also - in a post-THE DARK KNIGHT audience, when you go on about how the level 5 villains who've escaped are "worse than Sylar" and their big plan is to "rob a bank", you can't help but feel cheated.

Which makes me understand just WHY this show has no balls: It can't afford to have any. Seriously. It costs too much money to do the stuff that needs balls. Four supervillains escape a holding cell - instead of going on mass murder sprees and destroying vast amounts of public property... they have a bloodless carnage and rob a bank. Because the big stuff is too expensive to film.

I'm reminded of the Superman tv show. If you can't afford to film your show's central premise, change your show's central premise.

And another thing! Sylar shows up to save Peter, slams Mohinder into a wall and then KILLS a scientist guy. Bear in mind that Sylar is trying to PROVE to Peter he's a good guy - and he's killed a man who poses no threat to him IMMEDIATELY AFTER he disposed of another man without even injuring him even though, out of the two, Mohinder has TRIED TO KILL SYLAR at least twice.

And while we're on the subject of Sylar - he was meant to die at the end of season 1. Tim Kring loves him so much not only is he still alive (negating the entire first season's premise) but is now supposed to be a Petrelli and irrevocably linked to the ****ing story arc.

I like Quinto a lot, and I like Sylar. But... give him a goddam break. The show has (had) a great villain - Adam Munroe, and great protagonists in Matt Parkman, HRG, and Hiro Nakamura. Nathan Petrelli ranges from great to stupid depending on the episode.

But no, instead, the show is given to Peter "I've got the idiot ball" Petrelli, Claire "I was relevant for the first nine episodes - now, I'm not" Bennet, and, Mohinder "I talk bollocks" Suresh. Now, Sylar, the haunting force of season 1, is Gabriel "I'm a walking retcon" Gray.

This show is really starting to piss me off. I think the writer's strike really must've ****ed them up. Season 3 is exciting, but it totally feels improvised, like they're just winging it.

Latest posts

Back