Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

Future Sylar kicks ***. Ando is now officially cooler than Hiro. Mohinder should just turn into a spider already and disapear from the show.

The Costa Verde explosion was awesome.

As for Peter getting Sylar's powers by fixing a watch, I didn't see it like that. I saw it as he probably already absorbed Sylar's ability and needed to "unlock" it like Sylar might have had to do, and Sylar helped him do by getting him to fix the watch.

A fairly decent episode. Some good, some bad, some AWFUL, but all in all, fairly decent.

What I liked:

- The best bit was (not unsurprisingly, as Heroes knows how to make a cliffhanger) the very end, as Adam returned. Yay! He was another redeeming factor of last year, although I daresay that he wouldn't have been half as cool if David Anders wasn't playing him.

And that "cut-off-someone's-cursing-just-as-they-wake-up-from-the-dead" bit has officially become a gimmick. Seriously, it's been used in every season.

- Tracy and Nathan had some good bits together. I also liked how they just came right out and said that she was given powers by the company, instead of dodging around it for an hour and leaving it as a reveal in the next episode via a cliffhanger ending, as other shows might do (*cough*LOST*cough*) (*cough*butLostisstillwaybetterthanthis*cough*).

- Future Sylar was very interesting, and I liked the way he interacted with Peter. The scene where his son died was wrenching, and the explosion was awfully cool.

And now the bad:

- Matt's storyline is absolutely ridiculous. We're talking Kim-getting-chased-by-a-cougar bad here. I mean, seriously - he eats some dirt and listens to music, giving him another power (so THAT'S the formula! And here I thought giving someone a power they don't have would involve actual science!), after which he decides to FOLLOW A TURTLE AROUND THE DESERT. I mean, do these people even read what they write?

- It was a bad move giving Peter Sylar's power. I mean, think about it - he essentially is Sylar now. Both of them have multiple abilities. Both of them have "the hunger." Both of them are going to try and deny that hunger so that they can discover the best in themselves. They essentially now have the exact same narrative arc to follow in the exact same season. Only difference is, Peter is going to try and save the world, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sylar jumped on that bandwagon too the way his storyline is heading.

- Future Claire was extraordinarily annoying; it was like she was a broken record - "Kill Peter, gotta kill Peter, oh, he's gonna doom us all despite the fact that he is clearly from the past and trying to find a way to stop this from happening!" And there is no freakin' way that she survived that blast; you can't heal if there's nothing left.

- Mohinder is still boring as hell.

- Matt's storyline is absolutely ridiculous. We're talking Kim-getting-chased-by-a-cougar bad here. I mean, seriously - he eats some dirt and listens to music, giving him another power (so THAT'S the formula! And here I thought giving someone a power they don't have would involve actual science!), after which he decides to FOLLOW A TURTLE AROUND THE DESERT. I mean, do these people even read what they write?
I disagree with the flak Matt is getting quite a bit. I enjoy where this storyline is going. He wasn't given that ability... Not permanently at least, consider it more of a spiritual experience. The reason I like this storyline is that it is kind of showing us other ways than science to interpret the powers. I kind of thought they were going that way with Nathan too but they didn't, or haven't. It kind of shows that despite all our science, this guy in the middle of Africa who believes it to be faith based knows more about it then the science guys, which is why he is able to show Matt the future. Also he is following around a turtle because all he wanted the speedster to do was slow down, just as he needs to slow down. He is too impatient to figure this all out but he needs to slow down and be rational so his spirit guide is a turtle. I think this is a check and balance for Matt whose power would be insane without discipline (and also separates him from his father.)

- It was a bad move giving Peter Sylar's power. I mean, think about it - he essentially is Sylar now. Both of them have multiple abilities. Both of them have "the hunger." Both of them are going to try and deny that hunger so that they can discover the best in themselves. They essentially now have the exact same narrative arc to follow in the exact same season. Only difference is, Peter is going to try and save the world, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sylar jumped on that bandwagon too the way his storyline is heading.
Not to pick on you but I would disagree with this also, I think this is what needed to be done so that we can see a true divide between these two. The are only interesting when they both start at point A, as mirrors of each other, and make different choices to wind up in different spots. They are now nearly identical, and that's what we need.
Also, yes we saw happy Sylar in the future, but that's a future we are trying to change, remember. I wouldn't expect Sylar to do a face turn unless it has a motive behind it.

- Future Claire was extraordinarily annoying; it was like she was a broken record - "Kill Peter, gotta kill Peter, oh, he's gonna doom us all despite the fact that he is clearly from the past and trying to find a way to stop this from happening!" And there is no freakin' way that she survived that blast; you can't heal if there's nothing left.
Tell that to Wolverine :p

- Mohinder is still boring as hell.
Agreed

Season 3 has been dissappointing. It started ok, but last night's episode was stupid. I agree with Goodwill.

And now Sylar is Peter and Nathan's brother? Ugh...lame. I hope thats not true. I don't want Heroes resembling a bad X-Men comic more than it already does.

This show continues to get progressively more retarded as it goes on.

Peter gets Sylar's powers in season three by fixing a watch in front of him... My question is why didn't Pete get the brain peeling ability in season one when he first met Sylar like he did with all the rest of the powers he absorbed?

Why the **** is Matt following a turtle?

Seriously, this show is stupid as hell... So frustrating.

I'm enjoying the show, personally. I stand by my opinion that this is definitely the best thing that Jeph Loeb's got anything to do with right now, anyway. I'd take this over Ultimates 3, Ultimatum or Red Hulk any day. As for Captain America: White, the verdict's still out, but I don't think it's going to top the Mythos Captain America story. Not much really can.

As far as your question about Peter getting Sylar's power just now, I don't think it's a matter of absorption. Peter already had Sylar's power from the moment they first encountered each other. Sylar just had to show Peter how to understand it. The essence of Sylar's power, inasmuch as I can tell, is that he can understand how things work and then, how to make them work better.

As for Matt following his turtle, watch Fight Club. He just found his power animal. I think this is foreshadowing Matt becoming the big hero of this season in some way. Matt's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you will, but he is the proverbial tortoise in a race against the hare. He will accomplish his goals, slowly but surely.

Last edited:
As far as your question about Peter getting Sylar's power just now, I don't think it's a matter of absorption. Peter already had Sylar's power from the moment they first encountered each other. Sylar just had to show Peter how to understand it.

That's what I said.

but he is the proverbial tortoise in a race against the hare. He will accomplish his goals, slowly but surely.

Nice.

What was the point of giving Peter his powers? To help understand the way things work? Why?

The Hunger aspect is the dumbest thing. I love Sylar cause he thought we was special and wanted to be greedy, not as a side effect of his powers but a character flaw. Retarded.

Why didn't Peter freeze time in the house and escape with Sylar and Noah. They could of had the Haitian there to explain why they were getting there *** kicked, and than he could of got knocked out somehow and he exploded.

I mean, Sylar and Peter are perhaps two of the most powerful people on the show, they should of easily handled those two.

I'm really starting to wish I never started watching this.

Last edited:
As for Matt following his turtle, watch Fight Club. He just found his power animal. I think this is foreshadowing Matt becoming the big hero of this season in some way. Matt's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, if you will, but he is the proverbial tortoise in a race against the hare. He will accomplish his goals, slowly but surely.

Yeah, I believe Matt finding inner-peace with this slow moving animal will wind up leading to him saving everyone in cast full of extremely impetuous personalities.

What was the point of giving Peter his powers? To help understand the way things work? Why?

He did it under protest - Peter basically demanded them. And we don't know why yet. There are more episodes left in the season. We have to watch them to get the full story.

Why didn't Peter freeze time in the house and escape with Sylar and Noah.

Good point.

See?

I think they've reached a point where the powers that they've given these characters are too much. To the point where the audience can deduct that things are only unfolding in a certain direction because that's what the writer's want. The writers overlook, ignore, whatever these OBVIOUS things are (such as why didn't Peter just escape, etc.) and instead just do what they want (make it so that Peter doesn't leave, despite the fact he's got the ability to, etc.). Just write it more intelligently. I think these powers are the things that make this frustrating.

He did it under protest - Peter basically demanded them. And we don't know why yet. There are more episodes left in the season. We have to watch them to get the full story.

Good point.

I never knew his powers worked like that. I knew he was able to see how things work, but to be able to calculate different variables and see the way they work out. That is a pretty interesting idea.

Its a logical extension of his ability really. He can see how things work, so he is able to see how things (or events) work together to produce a specific outcome.

Or something like that.

I see than, the storyline from the first two seasons...

Thats my biggest problem with Heroes. Its all been the same thing so far. I guess thats what happens when one of your most popular characters has time travel powers. And so does your superman. That and have a set present. If they went nuts and said screw a set timeline then it might work out better, but with the group nature of the show they can't really do that.

Instead its just the same.

After the last two episodes, I'm becoming incredibly disillusioned with this show. It just. . .doesn't make sense anymore.

Latest posts

Back