Heroes seasons 1 & 2 series discussion [spoilers]

Re: Heroes *Spoilers*

Well.....the thread does have a spoiler tag at the top so......

Yeah, as in Spoilers for the episodes which have aired already so I can come here and discuss them with you guys without having next week's ep ruined for me.

If you want to spoil future episodes, how hard is it just to highlight your post and hit the spoiler button? That's what it's there for.

Plus he got the info from Wikipedia. It's wikipedia...not the Gospel.

But it's still right about 95% of the time, especially about shows like this. If I hear my friend at school say Sayid dies on next week's LOST, does that mean it's cool to just blab it all over the place with no warning? My friend ain't gospel either, but he's usually right about stuff like that.

Yeah, as in Spoilers for the episodes which have aired already so I can come here and discuss them with you guys without having next week's ep ruined for me.

If you want to spoil future episodes, how hard is it just to highlight your post and hit the spoiler button? That's what it's there for.

But it's still right about 95% of the time, especially about shows like this. If I hear my friend at school say Sayid dies on next week's LOST, does that mean it's cool to just blab it all over the place with no warning? My friend ain't gospel either, but he's usually right about stuff like that.

Either way....until it's aired---it's all speculation.

Anyways.....

Deleted all the off-topic posts. If anyone insults anyone again, I will ban you.

My only beef is, if your gonna have spoiler tags, be specific. Spoilers are Spoilers IMO. I don't know whatever. This show sucks anyway.

*Follows Houde*

*bamf*

This show sucks anyway.

Come on now, let's be honest, eh? You might not enjoy the show, but the ratings prove that the show most definitely does not suck. Houde's honest enough to simply say he doesn't like the show. Man, if I had a nickel for every successful show I didn't like watching...

Great episode tonight with an awesome cliffhanger, which opened up a lot of good ideas and plot devices. I am sure some people will have speculations, so let the theories commence.

I am not very good with recaps, so someone else can say it.

i don't trust myself with a recap, but i have a question. does anyone remember when peter drew the future, as he said to mohinder tonight? my gfriend and i have been watching since the beginning, and we both went, "huh?". :???:

Isaac - Artist - Precognitive visions

He's providing a tie between the characters and defining their first 'mission'. And he's still boring.

Politician - Flight

Apparently he'll be a lot more interesting next week as he embraces his power.

Nicki - Online Stripper - MPD (Jekyll and Hyde)

Eh. Wonder why the Man With Glasses didn't take her?

Poltician's brother - Mimic

When time stopped I started wondering where Hiro was...

Son of Stripper - Tech genius

Not interesting.

Cop - Telepath

Not interesting this week. I wonder how he's going to resist the bad guy's power?

Cheerleader - Regeneration

A novel revenge approach...

Hiro - Teleport through time and space

Oh man. As if he doesn't have enough groupies now we have ninja Hiro from the future? Best part of the show was when he got punched. Bwahahaha!

Murdered Professor's Son - Genetic scientist putting it all together

Didn't like that he suddenly turned from believer to major skeptic. He travelled from another COUNTRY to pursue his beliefs and he just gives up after a politician snubs him???

Future theories? Is the Man With Glasses the same person as Mr Linderman? If he's not affiliated, will Linderman's hidden camera set someone on the trail of the Man With Glasses? Since Nicki's dark side is getting together with the politician, will she now hunt the Man With Glasses? How will Hiro and Ando stumble into this storyline?

Claire - Good for you :)

Hiro - Not cool, man:noway:

Terrific episode. I'm glad we finally got to see exactly how Nikki's power works. The two questions I have are 1) Does she have enhanced strength when in Hyde mode? and 2) Does that small tattoo on her back have to do with anything? Is it only there when she's evil?

Seeing Isaac paint was cool too. I wonder how that vision's gonna play out.:scared:

I hope the cop makes it out of this okay. He's my 3rd favourite character after Hiro and Claire.

I'm glad the characters are starting to meet and come together. And that ending....wow. I can officially say I love this show now.:D

i don't trust myself with a recap, but i have a question. does anyone remember when peter drew the future, as he said to mohinder tonight? my gfriend and i have been watching since the beginning, and we both went, "huh?". :???:

I thought that too but now I'm thinking he meant seeing the vision of his flight.

Why do you think Peter is a mimic?

Because that's basically how his power seems to work. When he's around his brother he can fly.....when he got around Isaac he had visions....when he got around Hiro he wasn't affected by Hiro stopping time.

works. The two questions I have are 1) Does she have enhanced strength when in Hyde mode? and 2) Does that small tattoo on her back have to do with anything? Is it only there when she's evil?

1 - I doubt it. She sucker punched the goon and continued to beat him while he was down. Don't take superhuman strength to do that.

2 - That tattoo is a "show symbol". It's been connected to everyone on the show. Isaac has painted the symbol........The symbol was made by some rope lying in the pool of the house that the cop found the little girl.........I saw the symbol around Hiro before but I can't remember where.

I think it might be a key to the genetic code Mohinder is trying to crack.

Why do you think Peter is a mimic?

Didn't we just go through this? Read the last couple of pages of messages for that info. After this last episode though, he's actually SAID as much. I think it wasn't written very well because his theory just comes out of left field with no indication that he's given up on the idea that he can fly.

I'm glad we finally got to see exactly how Nikki's power works. The two questions I have are 1) Does she have enhanced strength when in Hyde mode? and 2) Does that small tattoo on her back have to do with anything? Is it only there when she's evil?

Exactly how it works? We didn't see anything. She just switched personalities. As for the tattoo, OF COURSE it's important. That symbol's been showing up all over the place in the show. Is this really the first time you've noticed it? The F-integral symbol not only appeared on the paintings in Isaac Mendez's studio but it can also be seen on the laptop screen & on a post-it note on mohinder's map & the pool when we cut to the policeman Matt. In the following episode it shows up on the cover of Prof. Suresh's book, on the side of Claire's math book, on the picture of Nathan on Sylar's map, and on the necklace of the man in the bar, whose thoughts can't be read by Matt.

I thought that too but now I'm thinking he meant seeing the vision of his flight.

Mmmmm.... I don't know. Those flight visions don't make a lot of sense to me. He'd been thinking he could fly for some time and then he finally decides to jump. All of these visions were BEFORE he ever met Isaac. You might think they'd all have visions or hints of their powers before they manifested, but then why would his lock on to flight when that's not really his power? It seems to me that he had some sort of flash while in Isaac's studio, but I forgot how that scene went down.

Last edited:

Here's a little bit from the show that made me cringe :

Mohinder claims that "humans only use 10% of their brain power".

How many times have we heard this nonsense in comic books? Enough that some people are actually starting to believe it? Just in case, I thought I'd bring it up for those of you who haven't run across this before. You do NOT have 90% of your brain sitting around doing nothing in your head. It sounds like a good excuse for mental power potential, but this is nothing but a scientific fact that was horribly misquoted and twisted into it's current urban legend form. The original data has to do with your brain firing around 10% of your synapses at any given time. Over the course of a day, you probably have fired every synapse you have many times over. You don't have 90% of your brain lying dormant and waiting to evolve into telepathy one day.

Here's a little bit from the show that made me cringe :

Mohinder claims that "humans only use 10% of their brain power".

How many times have we heard this nonsense in comic books? Enough that some people are actually starting to believe it? Just in case, I thought I'd bring it up for those of you who haven't run across this before. You do NOT have 90% of your brain sitting around doing nothing in your head. It sounds like a good excuse for mental power potential, but this is nothing but a scientific fact that was horribly misquoted and twisted into it's current urban legend form. The original data has to do with your brain firing around 10% of your synapses at any given time. Over the course of a day, you probably have fired every synapse you have many times over. You don't have 90% of your brain lying dormant and waiting to evolve into telepathy one day.

Awwwwwww.........

Last edited:

Hey, here's a little interesting tidbit.
Simone believed that Peter was "like a son to him" and that Charles improved under Peter's care.

Now does this mean that Peter has some sorta healing power?

when future Hiro said that he almost didn't recognize him without the scar, i thought that was awesome. a giant scar? like from eye to cheek sorta thing, (i'm thinking scar in lion king). that's bad***.

and those who said hiro will die......i wish they were back on the board. ninja hiro obviously proved that wrong, though i admit i thought it was sylar at first.

Latest posts

Back