:?

I never said anything about copying The Ultimate Showdown, or riding on a bandwagon or anything. I just said it's like a poor man's version of it. They both feature basically the same concept, only this one was far less entertaining to me. It was just a lot of the same. I wouldn't care if it was made a year before The Ulitmate Showdown. It's still the poor man's equivelent to it, IMO, like Go-Bots and Transformers.

That's basically saying the same thing, this is not a "version", "homage", or even the same genre as Ultimate showdown. Your looking at it with such a general view and immediately dismissing it as "a poor man's version of something I already saw" You look at things with such a broad view and instantly compare it with something that only similar on a very simple level.

That's basically saying the same thing, this is not a "version", "homage", or even the same genre as Ultimate showdown.

No, it isn't saying the same thing at all, and again, I never called it an "homage", so I don't you who you're quoting there.

Your looking at it with such a general view and immediately dismissing it as "a poor man's version of something I already saw" You look at things with such a broad view and instantly compare it with something that only similar on a very simple level.

I really think you're taking this out of proportion.

Both are fun videos involving popular characters fighting for no reason. I happen to think one of them was really amazing and cool, and the other was fairly mediocre and didn't have much to it.

My opinion of each would be the same whether or not I had ever seen the other video. One is fantastic. One is okay.

I didn't dismiss anything as anything(unlike the way you're dismissing my entire way of critiquing things - "You look at things with such a broad view... " - based on my opinion about a two-minute cartoon). I only bothered to compare them because they share a similar premise. That's where the poor man's version thing comes from, but I still wouldn't think this was any better if TUS never existed.

By the way, did you make the video or something? I don't mean to insult you if you did.

Last edited:
No, it isn't saying the same thing at all, and again, I never called it an "homage", so I don't you who you're quoting there.
I didnt say it was, I said that to show that is has almost nothing in common with UltS

I really think you're taking this out of proportion.

Both are fun videos involving popular characters fighting for no reason. I happen to think one of them was really amazing and cool, and the other was fairly mediocre and didn't have much to it.

My opinion of each would be the same whether or not I had ever seen the other video. One is fantastic. One is okay.

I didn't dismiss anything as anything(unlike the way you're dismissing my entire way of critiquing things - "You look at things with such a broad view... " - based on my opinion about a two-minute cartoon). I only bothered to compare them because they share a similar premise. That's where the poor man's version thing comes from, but I still wouldn't think this was any better if TUS never existed.

By the way, did you make the video or something? I don't mean to insult you if you did.
No I just hate when people immediately say this like, "I a less culture version or something else" When there almost nothing in common. Originality don't come with premise, it how you do things, its what you add to it and make it your own. Its just a pet peeve when people dont really look at what a someone did, what they wanted to do and not immediately compare it with some that in actuallity is very different and unique

Latest posts

Back