Justice Society of America discussion (Spoilers!)

i for one hope that the legion jazz doesn't mean that JSA will lose starman.

i for one hope that the legion jazz doesn't mean that JSA will lose starman.

I doubt it. Unless they plan on completely rebooting the current Legion book... and if they do, then I'm willing to lose Starman for that.

But, my bet is he'll stay. We already know that Karate Kid's going to be in the present for a while.

I think it's more likely the "resurrection" of Kal-L will have something to do with the new Earth-2, which seems to resemble the classic Earth-2, except Superman and Power Girl are missing.

I thought they were gonna try and keep crossovers and the like to a minimum, especially now hardly anyone knows about the multiverse. Having said that I expect there will be a crossover by the end of the year, you might be right. Especially since something's clearly going to happen with Earth-22 (kingdom come), as hinted at by starman and the issue 1 previews.

You guys think there will be the LofSH in present time. Like there was 10 years ago?

Last edited:
The new issue was good. It introduced the new team member Citizen Steel, and had a lot of touching moments with him. The Superman/Starman talk was very well done and it means Starman's still in the JSA which is good.
4.5/5 The art was good, it was just off in a couple of parts. The writing's superb.

I think I hate the Citizen Steel character.

I think he has potential. Though I don't think we need another conflicted tough character like Damage. I like that he has absolutly no control over his powers, it humanizes him (ironically). Oh and speaking of Damage, I'm pumped for the fight between him and Zoom next issue.

Issue #8 came out. I liked the Liberty Belle parts and the fact that they had Zoom in it. (Sinestro Corps reference!) Zoom's an ***.

Ok so did anyone read #9? It seemed like kind of a standard issue until the end when
Kingdom Come Superman!
showed up at the end. According to Wizard he's joining the team now.

Ok so did anyone read #9? It seemed like kind of a standard issue until the end when
Kingdom Come Superman!
showed up at the end. According to Wizard he's joining the team now.

It probably would have been more of a shock if we didn't know it was coming at all.

The issue was very very good.

A summary/review from somewhere else.

It consists mostly of KC Superman sitting in the JSA meeting room while the Society tries to figure out what to do next while coming to grips with the fact that he looks exactly like Superman-2. There are two things that I can't help but wonder about how the whole multiverse thing is working. Starman revealed that he was from a different Earth, a parallel universe, a place that in his words "was blown to Kingdom Come." He has a nice interaction with KC Superman here that is followed up with Stargirl and Power Girl talking about the sole survivors of the multiverse. They all still seem to believe that Power Girl and Superman-Prime are the only two. So I assume I am wrong in thinking that Starman did reveal he was from a different universe. Either way, this brings up the next question about DC's revival of the multiverse. When are the heroes going to figure out the multiverse still exists? As it stands now, Kyle Rayner, Jason Todd, Ray Palmer, Donna Troy, Booster Gold and Rip Hunter are the only ones who know the multiverse still exists. I feel as though a revelation of this magnitude to the big heroes of DC would take up its own mini-series.

The scene with him escaping to save the girl was intense and the best part.

Johns is amazing.

Anyone else notice Dr. Mid-Nite coughing up black smoke? I guess we have another character going all Kingdom Come on us.

I really like where Geoff is taking this title. KC Superman meets Superman and talks about Gog.

They than go and try to stop him from killing Hercules.

KC Superman is way more powerful than Superman.

I want a fight between KC Superman and Superboy Prime.

Geoff even references a old Chuck Austen story with Gog.

I like the little things in this issue, like Jakem's crush on Lighting.

Gog is the last god of the 3rd world. Tying jack kirby in with kingdom come...love it.

What's the chuck austen story? - he's not the worst writer by a long way. - what confused me is they said it happened about a year ago...like right after infinite crisis when superman lost his powers. - goof

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back