Justice Society of America discussion (Spoilers!)

It was right before the crisis started.

Gog attacked Superman and almost killed him.

I can't remember exactly how he was stopped for the time. I think the Teen Titans helped.

Anyway Doomsday has escaped and has been wandering around with "intelligence" throughout the issues.

Superman later fights Preus and after his weaken state, he is attacked by an army of Gog's from different time periods, all the same gog just from different moments.

He defeats the League and almost kills Superman, but he is saved by Doomsday.

Superman is defeated, but it is revealed years and years in the future that Superman is still alive as an old man, held prisoner by Gog. Who asks him to kill him, but Superman refuses. Doomsday is now one of the earth's greatest heroes who saves the old Superman, and Gog realizes the error of his ways.

Who goes back and saves the original Superman.

and Warns him about the coming crisis.

I've been reading the original JSA series, and I'm up to #41 at the moment. It took a while to get going (which is explained later on by Goyer, who says it took him about 10 issues to get into the team) but now... it's amazing. These characters are so well-rounded and more interesting than the JLA. The fact that there's been a damn Black Adam subplot going on in the background for over 20 issues is exciting, because that means they've been plotting about 2 years ahead. Which means they know what they're doing. JSA is great.

Also, Hourman is the ****.

I was REALLY excited when I heard that KC Superman was coming into this story but then I read the first 4 issues and I just couldn't get into it. This is one of the worst titles going right now IMO.

I was REALLY excited when I heard that KC Superman was coming into this story but then I read the first 4 issues and I just couldn't get into it. This is one of the worst titles going right now IMO.

Personally I think it's hands down the best. But that's your opinion.

Man this is a graet book. I like the fact that they have trouble supporting 26 members of the team and how they all get in the way of each other kind of. Plus one of the most bad *** moments of the year, Kingdom Come Green Lantern and Obsidian vs Gog!

I read the first trade collection (Geoff Johns run) and enjoyed it. It was nice to be able to read something DC that made sense without knowing anything previously of the book/team/characters.

I read the first trade collection (Geoff Johns run) and enjoyed it. It was nice to be able to read something DC that made sense without knowing anything previously of the book/team/characters.

Seriously E if I can recommend anything DC to you it's the current Justice Society. It's by far my favorite book going right now just because it's Geoff Johns, Dave Eaglesham and Alex Ross going bat**** crazy with the JSA mythos.

I agree I think the first arc #1-4 of new JSA were pretty lame for Johns. But Lightning saga was great and this current story is amazing.

Also yeah, old JSA is good and It all builds up to prince of darkness, which is when goyer leaves. but at that point you've got so much character development particularly atom-smasher's character and that thing with his grandma. Then Black reign the most rated story, and that comes back in just before IC with Black Vengeance. It all hangs together over like 80 issues.

My absolute fave JSA story is JSA vs JSA, with RIP Hunter. That's pretty much self contained. But degaton is just written as such a horrible character.
that bit when he watches kendra cry over and over
is really evil.

Last edited:
That was Earth 51

Which was then remade, only to have a plague erupt in it and make is Kamadi's world.

Oh. Well uh....I guess that sorts it all out. :shock:

Thanks for clarifying. I have read every issue of this mess and somehow I still get mixed up as to what is happening where. Too damn many earths!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the showdown between KC GL and Obsidian vs Gog. Johns does a masterful job of handling DC's vast history and continuity "issues". He has a knack for delving into DC's past and making it cool and current again.

Oh. Well uh....I guess that sorts it all out. :shock:

Thanks for clarifying. I have read every issue of this mess and somehow I still get mixed up as to what is happening where. Too damn many earths!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the showdown between KC GL and Obsidian vs Gog. Johns does a masterful job of handling DC's vast history and continuity "issues". He has a knack for delving into DC's past and making it cool and current again.

I have a feeling that GL and Obsidian vs. Magog is going to be epic. That brightest day and blackest night line gave me shivers.

Big fights this issue. The best part was another teaser page, which involved someone dying, Powergirl's return to Earth-2, an Alex Ross drawn page of Magog "rising" and Black Adam's return as he goes after The Rock of Eternity!

Big fights this issue. The best part was another teaser page, which involved someone dying, Powergirl's return to Earth-2, an Alex Ross drawn page of Magog "rising" and Black Adam's return as he goes after The Rock of Eternity!

Awesome! I don't really care so much about the Magog story. But the return of Black Adam and Isis is just too good.

The JSA - Gog showdown was one the best fights I ever seen in comics. Almost every character had a moment. Great stuff.

The final page gave me chills. Not the preview page (BLACK ADAM & IRIS), but the "I Come In Peace".

Latest posts

Back