Kick-Ass movie discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Kick-*** The Movie (news discussion)

Pedobear approves.

pedobear-disapproval.jpg

pedobear?

You don't wanna know.

Look it up.

I'm telling you....you really don't.

Not even Google images.

Last edited:

[video=youtube;vrxpo_Wy8uY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrxpo_Wy8uY[/video]

enjoy

[video=youtube;TNnkPMPwf-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNnkPMPwf-g[/video]

and one more

[video=youtube;vrxpo_Wy8uY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrxpo_Wy8uY[/video]

enjoy

There's just so many great scenes from the comic. This one always reminded me of the scene in True Romance where Clarence goes to Drexl and collects Alabama's things.

Anyone who hasn't read the comic should stay away from this week's Entertainment Weekly at all costs to avoid a major spoiler.

Last edited:

So, I just saw the trailer.

One of the major problems I had with KICK-ASS was it's shallow, arbitrary nature to try to be a dramatic social commentary and an immature slapstick comedy with lots of swearing.

Looking at the film, it'll most likely do this, having some black slapstick comedy but then get "serious" when one of the major characters dies just before the final fight. Plus, it has added to it a continuous theme of how preposterous superheroes with no powers would look, but then we have wire-fu CGI Hit-Girl and Big Daddy, which feels kinda dishonest. Blech. One the one hand it's SUPERBAD with superheroes and on the other, it wants to be an action film like THE MATRIX. You can blend them; ROCKETEER, HOT FUZZ, GALAXY QUEST, MYSTERY MEN... So maybe this will pull it off.

However... I love Hit-Girl. There is a huge amount of fun in having a 10-year old girl say "****", "****", and "****". There's also a hysterical interplay between her and her father who, to protect her, shoots her with bullets. So much so, I think this should've been a straight up black comedy called HIT-GIRL. She seems way, way funnier and more interesting than Kick-Ass himself. I loved her scenes. She makes me laugh so much. So much, I think I'll see the movie for her.

The last line of that article is hysterical.

I dunno why I'm going to watch this movie. As much as I can't wait to see Hit-Girl, I can't begin to care about Kick-Ass or the ****ty plot. And it's a ****ty plot. I read the first two issues, but I'm convinced that the movie will be an hour of "being a superhero hijinx", then Big Daddy (or Kick-Ass' father) will get killed (unceremoniously, no doubt shot in the face by a gangster who has him tied up so as to say, "See, they don't get out of death traps in THIS movie!") and then this slapstick farce about wannabe heroes and the wire-fu antics of Hit-Girl, which already don't mesh aesthetically, will be further entwined and ruined as the film becomes more 'serious' as they go to kill the mobster boss who killed Big Daddy. We get a banal fight sequence in which other characters might die where they storm the villain's castle, then we get Kick-Ass (or whoever's left) proving he's a 'real' hero-man by taking out the bad guy once and for all (maybe not even killing him! Ooo! The morality) and then he goes off into the sunset.

So, it might be good for sixty minutes.

On the other hand, I pretty much had the exact same attitude for IRON MAN. And I was right in every way except for "it being boring ****". So, maybe this will be more entertaining than I assume. I hope so!

New Trailer.

[video=youtube;uvfKPo6VZp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvfKPo6VZp4[/video]

Ok, those ads are getting annoying. Hope this helps. E they have to go....

Edit: Damn it!.. Now it moves!

Last edited:

Ok, those ads are getting annoying. Hope this helps. E they have to go....

So you're going to be footing the hosting and licensing bills? Awesome!

These ads pay for the site, people. So stop *****ing about them. My biggest pet peeve is people who ***** about unobtrusive ads. Nothing is free.

And they aren't just there to look pretty. Hint hint.

Last edited by a moderator:

I clicked the ad, not because I want to help the site, but because I wanted more info on Chloe.

Latest posts

Back