Kingdom Come (Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I don't find a thread for this, so if there is one, just let me know.

Anyways, I'm reading my friends TPB of this, and so far I'm on chapter two. And all I have to say is:

This is f***ing AMAZING!

The story is just really, really good. It's great that I can just pick this up and follow the story along without being lost or anything. And the art....oh my damn is it just SWEEEET! :drooling:

This so far has been the best thing I'm reading right now. I'm loving this than most Marvel stories I'm reading. I can't wait to read the rest!

:rockon:

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
I agree. I think you can compare this to Marvels Earth X in a way.
That's what I was telling my friend.

But even than, the story is still compelling and really great. I have to buy my own TPB. I must own it!

I loved Kingdom Come. The whole thing was brillant. I loved the future verisons of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I would go into it more but I don't want to ruin it for Ice. I thinking of doing a story based off the ending. It easily get a A+

Alex Ross + Mark Waid + Superman = Awesome.

Its simple math, really.

I enjoyed this so much, when I finished it, I immediately went back and read it again.

I really am loving everybody in here, even Superman. It's great to see how these guys are all like 10 years later in a time like this, and what Superman was up to. When I read the scene with Bruce and Superman, I was like, "I see Bruce is still Bruce." and thought it was just great.

Mark Waid is fantastic.

DO NOT GO NEAR THE "SEQUEL"

please.....:(

And if you like the art, check out Justice. It's Ross when he's allowed go wild. Think Superfriends meets WWE meets plots.

Justice is awesome. The Legion of Doom are my favourite supervillain team.

Finally got the chance to finish reading this.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Have not read a true great story like this since Earth X. This story is just utter amazing, sad, inspiring, etc. The art was truly great. The last part with Norman McCay, before the OYL scene....beautiful. There was nothing that I didn't enjoy. All the characters were fun to read. I really loved Batman. He hasn't changed (when will he actually change? never), and that just made me laugh like when he said, "Shazam" to Luthor.

Definetly one of the best stories of all time. Waid wrote a genius story. Ross painted a masterpiece.

Ice said:
Finally got the chance to finish reading this.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Have not read a true great story like this since Earth X. This story is just utter amazing, sad, inspiring, etc. The art was truly great. The last part with Norman McCay, before the OYL scene....beautiful. There was nothing that I didn't enjoy. All the characters were fun to read. I really loved Batman. He hasn't changed (when will he actually change? never), and that just made me laugh like when he said, "Shazam" to Luthor.

Definetly one of the best stories of all time. Waid wrote a genius story. Ross painted a masterpiece.

:rockon:

You don't even have to know much about the DC Universe to enjoy this story, I know I didn't. I ordered it because people raved about it and the art was awesome.

And I loved it.

Spade said:
yes i really liked this story it was extremly well done and a,ex ross has never been better!! The sequal is gay tho bad are and ok story:roll:
What?

The Kingdom was alright. It was really just a series of one shots that could have been released along with Kingdom Come giving people a view into the world and what has become of the DCU. The overall narritive of it was fairly weak, with hypertime muck and Gog who's never been a good idea. But each of the singles give an excellent view into the world, from The Son of the Bat (who I'd love to get a proper introduction to mainstream DC) to Plastic Man and Son (with Frank "I just don't get him" Quietly on art).

Oh, and what's THIS?

I just brought this book. I just really really liked the art. I looked at the back cover and it won a whole bunch of awards. I'm hoping this is going to be really good :D

Latest posts

Back