Lost *spoilers*

You've got to admit that it was the actor's decision to leave at that point in the show... The episode did not hold any kind of relevancy that it could have if it were held off. I sometimes imagine how the show would be with Eko still a thorn in Locke's side... It would have been real interesting to see Eko influencing Locke from camp and Ben influencing him from the Others. Now, we don't have that because the actor decided to bow out.

The end is in sight - 48 more episodes, organized into three season, 16 episodes each. Lost will have run for 120 episodes when all is said and done and it will bow out in the 2009-10 season.

Sounds good to me.

You've got to admit that it was the actor's decision to leave at that point in the show... The episode did not hold any kind of relevancy that it could have if it were held off. I sometimes imagine how the show would be with Eko still a thorn in Locke's side... It would have been real interesting to see Eko influencing Locke from camp and Ben influencing him from the Others. Now, we don't have that because the actor decided to bow out.

No. They wrote the part planning for Eko to die.

The end is in sight - 48 more episodes, organized into three season, 16 episodes each. Lost will have run for 120 episodes when all is said and done and it will bow out in the 2009-10 season.

Sounds good to me.

I love this news; I can finally put my fears to rest.

And the best part of all this? Damon and Carlton (who's contracts were to expire this Summer) are gonna stay on as Showrunners for the rest of the series. :rockon: Not only is the story in great hands, but you can look forward to more PODCASTS!

I'm so excited.

Sounds good to me.

I would of preferred 108 episodes

I would of preferred 108 episodes

Me too. The 120 episodes is 20 more than they said they originally wanted to do, which is really an extra season. I'm just not sure the show can keep stringing viewers along with the mostly breadcrumb revelations its been leaving for three seasons. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but I would have preferred it end at 108 episodes as well.

No. They wrote the part planning for Eko to die.

Yes, I understand that. I don't think that his demise was planned that soon, however. His character was going to die, yes, that was why Adewale agreed to the part, but they may have had more ideas with the character if he hadn't said he was going to leave the show.

The show could really honestly end at this season... All they have to do really is explain what the Others are doing, what DHARMA was originally there for, what the four-toed statue is, and where Michael and Walt ended up. Done. Oh, and they need to be rescued, too.

Alright guys, here's EW's EXCLUSIVE 3-page interview with Damon and Carlton about the news that LOST will continue for 48 episodes over 3 16-episode Seasons. I just read the article and I'd suggest that any of you major LOST fans should read it, too. Especially if you don't like the new plan; they explain a lot more about why they did it.

Alright guys, here's EW's EXCLUSIVE 3-page interview with Damon and Carlton about the news that LOST will continue for 48 episodes over 3 16-episode Seasons. I just read the article and I'd suggest that any of you major LOST fans should read it, too. Especially if you don't like the new plan; they explain a lot more about why they did it.

One thing I likes was that they said they wont be handing over all the answers in the last episode and will start giving them out soon, cause that would be infinitely stupid "So here's the answer to every question in this on hour that you spent watchin 117 episodes to figure out"

Last edited:
It'll give Lindelof and Cuse some elbow room... With 48 episodes, they won't have to cram all the answers in the last show and, if something is not explained thoroughly enough, or can't be elaborated on correctly in one episode they'll take their time and do it right. There is history to this island and I'm certain that we've only begun to scratch the surface. From what I've heard Lindelof suggest, we haven't even gotten into some important stuff...

Goodwill..... that sucks man. Stay out of this thread until you see it online or something because you do NOT want to have this son-of-a-***** spoiled for you. I mean, hollllllllllllllee.

Best episode of the season. Hands down. No contest.

I was expecting a Ben episode for the season finale, so this caught me totally off-guard.

Roger Work Man - awesome

Does that other guy never age? Was that his father? Do the "Hostiles" know the nature of the Black Smoke?

Ben's "mom" standing outside the fence just gave me the creeps. I mean, knowing what she really is, and that it's just waiting right outside the fence in the middle of the night....*shudders*

The Jacob scene though....... I mean.... what the ****?! I can't imagine them doing a better job of that. Take the most mysterious and frightening aspect of the whole series and "reveal" it to us first-hand, and actually make it even MORE mysterious and frightening? I applaud them. We need some screenshots of whatever the hell was in that chair, and the close-up of the eye.

The ending was just chilling too. Like I said, best episode of the season, and one of the best of the whole series.

By the way, do you guys know who Linus Pauling is?

My mom and I were trying to find a link for the name Linus and she thought of him. We looked him up, and it turns out he was an extremely acclaimed bio-chemist and medical researcher. He's also the only person to ever win two Nobel Prizes on their own.

Oh, and he was born in PORTLAND, OREGON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Pauling

Last edited by a moderator:
Check this site out...

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com

A friend of mine said he thought the man in the chair looked "like Locke with hair". After looking at the images on this site (about halfway down the page at last check), it looks more like the Horace guy that brought Ben and his father to the island.

That was a pretty intense episode. Hopefully Locke doesn't buy the farm on that big Dharma pile... he and Sawyer have always been the best parts of the show, IMO.

Anyone have a link to the preview for next week? I had to torrent the episode this week, so I didn't catch it.

Last edited:
Wow.
Just caught the episode on abc.com. The episode that HAD to cut out on me had to be this one?

Man oh man.

This episode was probably the most intense episode that I've seen since Michael shot both Ana Lucia and Libby. Although I did guess that there would be a shoot out by the end (I mean, it was pretty obvious when Alex came bumbling over to Locke to give him a gun), I didn't think it would be Locke that took the bullet. Whereever this goes, I'm going to be surprised... And that is awesome. Even though Locke is hands down my favorite character, it could go either way... As long as I am entertained.

Wow. Nothing much more to say... Jesus Almighty. What a good ****in' show.

PS what is in store for us next Wednesday?

And another thing - Richard. What's up with that guy? I mean, he was not only on the island before Ben (who he NOW takes orders from) BUT he has pretty much been the same age for how many years?

Ben's mom, too... Implied to be the smoke monster, right?

Last edited:
jacoblockecomaprexx0.jpg

Sum1 posted this another board I go to. I personally think they are reaching......

Wow.
(I mean, it was pretty obvious when Alex came bumbling over to Locke to give him a gun), I didn't think it would be Locke that took the bullet.

You just made me think (uh-oh)... did Ben use Lockes gun to shoot him? Alex looked a bit 'wink wink' when she handed the gun over. Could she have loaded it with rubber bullets (which could still cause bleeding I think), knowing that Ben was going to use it on Locke?

Latest posts

Back