Lost *spoilers*

ultimatedjf said:
Good theory. I would be OK with that playing out....

I'm so excited for the debut. It seems early to me. Last year the debut was in October (I think) and now it's September 21st..

On a side note, the best show ever, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT premieres September 19th! There's no reason not to watch!

Hey, far as I'm concerned the sooner the better.

ultimatedjf said:
On a side note, the best show ever, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT premieres September 19th! There's no reason not to watch!

I'm not sure about other places, but I've seen commercials from my local FOX station that they're going to start playing Arrested Developement reruns at 11:00 for two weeks beginning monday. :rockon:

Have you seen anything like that where you live, djf?

moonmaster said:
I'm not sure about other places, but I've seen commercials from my local FOX station that they're going to start playing Arrested Developement reruns at 11:00 for two weeks beginning monday. :rockon:

Have you seen anything like that where you live, djf?

They've been rerunning the entire second season on FOX, Friday's from 8 to 10pm. They just got up to the episode where Buster comes home from the hospital with his hook hand. "I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!!"

ultimatedjf said:
They've been rerunning the entire second season on FOX, Friday's from 8 to 10pm. They just got up to the episode where Buster comes home from the hospital with his hook hand. "I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!!"

No, my local station is replaying them at 11:00 every weeknight along with the Friday marathons.

Goodwill said:
I have a theory. A mad scientist, located on the island, finally found a way to destroy the world. Those that were on the crash were actually lucky enough to survive the blasts. This would flip everything upside down and, in the theory, there's a surprise big enough for the viewers to swallow for a while. That's what they're going for, right? Something memorable? Fine. Kill all of the people on Earth with the exception of those in the show.

Also, I'm glad to see more about season two, but that's not something we couldn't have speculated... I just can't wait for the debut! :)

That seems to massive for me.

However, when I was planning a TV series I had people go back to Prehistoric times, and accidently kill pre-humans. When they found their way back to the future, all of humanity never existed...

ProjectX2 said:
That seems to massive for me.

However, when I was planning a TV series I had people go back to Prehistoric times, and accidently kill pre-humans. When they found their way back to the future, all of humanity never existed...

Man, but wouldn't they then have ceased to exist the minute they started killing the cavemen? anyway, talk about ironic

DIrishB said:
Man, but wouldn't they then have ceased to exist the minute they started killing the cavemen? anyway, talk about ironic

Exactly.

I've not read this thread for fear of spoilers, but I just saw the first three episodes back to back on E4's "Second Chance Sunday" which was a horrific ordeal.

The show's fine, but the sheer number of ads. See, all the non-terrestial tv channels (BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV, and Channel 4, and Channel 5 - which doesn't exist) have the ads I'm used to. Y'know, a couple of minutes every fifteen minutes. But the freeview channels all have what seems like at least 5 minutes of non-stop ads every 10 minutes at most, and it makes me sick. It feels like... God. I hate it.

Anyhoo, Lost was pretty cool. Interesting. I miss Law and Order though and even classic Star Trek. Y'know? Shows where you watch an episode, and it's self-contained. Comics and TV are all going this route where you have to watch the entire season for one really long story. It's not bad, but it's everywhere now, it seems.

Anyhoo, seems cool. We'll see where it goes.

You're right, but, if they did these self-contained stories, there would be no development. I think that's what writers are finding when it comes to pitching another television show. Lost is good like that. Characters and plot devices are fleshed out just enough to keep us coming back. :)

Duh. You're right Guij, the BBC channels don't have ads and they rule because of it. This makes E4 and ABC1 even more painful. God I hate commercials.

Bass said:
Duh. You're right Guij, the BBC channels don't have ads and they rule because of it. This makes E4 and ABC1 even more painful. God I hate commercials.

Do you watch this show, Bass?

Seen the first 3 eps, the 4th is on in about five minutes. I'm recording it as I'm going out.

I'm adding the timeline from one of my timeline threads here.

Pilot, Part I 1-2 Days APC
Pilot, Part II 3 Days APC
Tabula Rasa 4 Days APC
Walkabout 6 Days APC
White Rabbit 7 Days APC
House of the Rising Sun 8 Days APC
The Moth 9 Days APC
Confidence Man 10 Days APC
Solitary 15 Days APC
Raised by Another 17 Days APC
All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues 18 Days APC
Whatever the Case May Be 22 Days APC
Hearts and Minds 23 Days APC
Special 25 Days APC
Homecoming 27 Days APC
Outlaws 28-29 Days APC
...In Translation 30-32 Days APC
Numbers 34 Days APC
Deus Ex Machina 35-36 Days APC
Do No Harm 36 Days APC
The Greater Good 37 Days APC
Born to Run 42 Days APC
Exodus, Part I 43 Days APC
Exodus, Part II 43 Days APC
Exodus, Part III 43 Days APC

Lost is the coolest thing on cable right now. At least here in Brazil. I can't wait for the dvd to come out.

Latest posts

Back